1st Road Trip with my Camp Inn Teardrop

...the place to share tales of your travels and pics of your adventures...

1st Road Trip with my Camp Inn Teardrop

Postby BernieVideo » Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:02 pm

Hello all,
After buying a used Teardrop in Dec 2010, I finally took her out on a road trip. The destination was Bishop CA to visit Siouxe's Brother, who lives and works there.

1st stop was Red Rock Canyon, just a little over an hour from Los Angeles. Red Rock Canyon is a hauntingly beautiful and geologically interesting place. It is a huge campground. Would be a great place for a gathering, except for the weather which is either freezing or boiling. Only a few weeks in the Spring or Fall are bearable.
Here are 4 photos from there.

On our way out, surprise! There sitting in a campsite was another Camp Inn 550 Ultra! Unfortunately the owner was off somewhere else. We sure would have liked to chatted with the owner. If you were at Red Rock Canyon on April 14, 2011 and read this forum, I would love to talk with you. Here is a photo of the 2 of us...

We finally arrived in Bishop, not knowing exactly where we would be camping. As it turned out Siouxie's Brother's place had a large backyard. So we camped there. We only cooked once from the trailer, but we slept in it every night. Here is a photo of our "campsite"

We parked the trailer there and used it as our home base as we visited the area and I even got in a lil fishing at Hot Creek. I actually caught a few!

On our way home on Sunday, we stopped for several hours at the Manzanar Japanese Relocation Center. It is a beautiful, sad, fascinating, thought provoking place. Here is a photo from there.

Had one scary adventure later on the way home. If you are not aware, in California, any vehicle towing anything is limited to 55 MPH. Well, I had been slowly increasing my speed on the way home, and I was traveling about 70 when I drove into a speed trap and I was pulled over by a CHP.
Luckily, he let us off with a warning! I pled ignorance of the law and got a stern lecture and a fixit ticket for an address infraction on my drivers license. Whew, that could have been a very pricy ticket!

All in all, it was a great weekend.
2005 Camp-Inn 550 Ultra

Hello from Bernie and Siouxe!
BernieVideo
Teardrop Inspector

Postby goramsey » Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:19 pm

Sweet trip and trailer. Whew is right about the speed in CA.

Gary
FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ramseys-T ... 4019963253

Hunger makes a thief of any man. ~Pearl S. Buck
Food is an important part of a balanced diet.
Fran Lebowitz
http://www.ramseystravels.com/blog/
http://www.ramseystravels.com
goramsey
The 300 Club

Postby Miriam C. » Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:21 pm

:thumbsup: :applause: Thanks for sharing your trip with us. Starkly beautiful describes it. :)
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby emiller » Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:34 pm

Nice trip. I used to ride my mini bike in red rock canyon as a kid, but was kicked out one year because of the box turtle I think I remeber.
emiller
Donating Member

Postby S. Heisley » Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:28 pm

Beautiful pictures and nice trip story! Thanks for sharing! :thumbsup: :applause:
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby cherokeegeorge » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:05 pm

Well its about time you guys took that puppy out. :lol: Now lets go camping together.

Oh yeah I forgot to tell you, you know have to buy, Coleman lanterns and stoves, dutch ovens, cast iron waffle makers and waffle doggers :twisted: so you can fit in around here.

Good photos :thumbsup:
George

For info on hitch covers
Teardrophitchcovers.com
cherokeegeorge
A Merkin Indian

Postby canned o minimum » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:44 pm

OH ! Dear God ! Don't git them poor poeple started !! I now have 4 coleman stoves ( I think) and 14 lanterns...YOU'LL NEVER STOP once ya start !!

Greetings from Riverside ! Hope to see ya campin this summer ! Hurkey Creek comes to mind !
canned o minimum
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby BernieVideo » Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:04 am

Well I already have 3 lanterns. I own other camping stoves and a Smokey Joe. My partner in the trailer is gonna put a Dutch Oven on board. I think I am set.

Although I do have that vintage Coleman stove that doesn't work. Been seeing how some members here are masters at restoring them.

No no no. I must resist. I already drank 1 big mug of Koolaid. I don't think I news to mix up a whole new batch !
2005 Camp-Inn 550 Ultra

Hello from Bernie and Siouxe!
BernieVideo
Teardrop Inspector

Postby canned o minimum » Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:22 am

Hey ! I'm lookin fer a DO....got my "thrifty" DO table already made fer under 5 bucks !!

And I have an extra "dish" if ya need one..

Will ya listen to ME !! I've got IT bad ! ( or good )
canned o minimum
1000 Club
1000 Club

Return to Trips, Pics and Hiway Tales