First beach trip of the year

...the place to share tales of your travels and pics of your adventures...

Postby Sonetpro » Sat May 31, 2008 10:02 am

ricklued wrote:
Sonetpro wrote:
ricklued wrote:Where did u go? If I knew u were coming I could have put u on some. Been all over the reds and some nice flounder. Surfs been blownout so staying in the backwater. Hit me up and we'll go get em. We can go chase trout with all the others if you want or the reds in skinny water.

Rick

We were at High Island near the dirty pelican pier. Couldn't hook any thing even on the long rods with bait yaked out 100 yds. Lots of bait in the surf but no fish.
I can't go for a few week's. Got a concert this weekend and Nascar races next weekwend. But I will be on the sand somewhere the 14th. Probally High Island or McFadden.
You coming to Matagorda in July? We always paddle out to the rig (2 1/2 miles) when we go there. Caught a few snapper there before.

Just depends what we have going on. Would like to go, keep me informed. Gonna head out about 60 miles in a few hours.... snap season starts at midnight... lots of king, ling, AJ's, and dolphin coming in also.

:envious: :envious: :envious:
My fishing buddy is at Freeport now going on Cap't Elliots boat. He had to call me this morning to rub it in.
}><)))'> ~--------------·´¯) SteveT
You don't know what the limit's are until you take it there.ImageImageImage
Sonetpro
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Trips, Pics and Hiway Tales