SNOW!? In SAN DIEGO!?

...the place to share tales of your travels and pics of your adventures...

SNOW!? In SAN DIEGO!?

Postby Nic » Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:26 pm

Ok kinda late posting and i didnt get too many pix but... About a month ago or so i guess, i loaded up my sister and her boyfriend for a camp trip. We planned on going north and camping on the beach. But last sec we thought we wanted a change from the beach. So we headed south to see what we could find in san diego county.
Just as my luck goes. We get up to head out and its raining. In southern cali that means nothing. It will be gone in a few. Not the case this time. On our drive south the rain wouldnt let up. Warm in the car on the heated seats we just made the best of it and didnt notice the how cold it was much. Till we noticed something falling from the sky. It was SNOW!!!! In SAN DIEGO!!!! By the time we got to camp we went through strong rain (for ca.) snow hail and strong winds.
As we get up into the foothills i started to notice that the cars heading down the hill had TONS of snow just packed on them. Not a good sign i thought but at this point heading back was not an option.
We got to camp. All the other "campers" were in big rigs all warm and dry and staying inside. Here we looked crazy putting a tent up in this weather for my sis. (i ran a cord and hari dryer to the tent to warm them if need be hahahaha) Other campers came by to see if we would be ok and asked if the teardrop had heat. (i just picked up a heater a week before)
LONG story short. The three of us had no choice but to hide out in the teardrop playing cards at the table, drinking and eating. We cooked inside and everything.
It was crazy, it was fun, it was cold and wet, it was JUST what i had been waiting for!!! haha. I was so happy my little teardrop camper took care of all 3 of us in that crazy freak storm. I had been saying i wanted to get stuck in some weather. Lucky us the snow didnt stick. The next morning a camper came by and told us it got as low as 30 that night. I wa s crispy and warm in my camper that night with my heat. LOVED IT! :thumbsup:
Im not lazy. I just hang out a lot.
Nic
500 Club

Postby Dean_A » Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:50 pm

I remember that storm. They actually had to shut down highway 8 up at the summit for a while. Where did you end up camping? I don't recognize the location from the pics.
--Dean
Dean_A
Gold Donating Member

Postby clkelley564 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:26 pm

Sounds like an adventure!! Glad you had fun!!
Carol
MOUSE-KE-T@B
2007 ClamShell #2741
2009 Ford Explorer Sport Trac 4.8 V8
http://mouseketab.blogspot.com/ Updated 07/12/2011

http://www.mikenchell.com/forums/album_ ... c_id=13203
clkelley564
Teardrop Master

Postby Mary K » Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:11 pm

That does sound like fun. Except for the driving in bad weather part. :thumbdown:

Great Story and Pictures.

Where are your fenders?? :R :lol: ;)

Mk
Mary K

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve. Bilbo Baggins
Mary K
6000 Club
6000 Club

Return to Trips, Pics and Hiway Tales