Little Guy goes to Northern Michigan

...the place to share tales of your travels and pics of your adventures...

Little Guy goes to Northern Michigan

Postby bmg5 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:42 pm

Hi, Took the family for the first trip of the summer with the little guy. We decided to spend 3 days in northern Michigan. We started out at the Platte River Campground in Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore. These sites were huge, at least 2x normal with an asphault pad and a set back area for picnic table and fire ring. Best thing of all was the price, with my America the Beautiful pass, $9.50 per night + $5 for electric. Amazing deal... Book early

This was the first time we tried the Paha Que side tent which went up and down like a dream and left plenty of room for the whole family. The whole operation could be setup or torn down in 15 minutes. If you make it up this way stop in Empire at Joes Friendly Tavern and try the burgers and hand made rootbeer ... amazing

On our way out we went to Glen Dunes hill climb in SBD and made it to the top. This is a really nice area and was not crowded at all (but give it a few months...) Scenery was amazing from the top and well worth the effort

Day 2 we went to Traverse City State Park, nice location but a bit overpriced. I didnt take any photos there except a timelapse of us putting the side tent up. I will post a link when I decide how to best post it

Day 3 was Petoskey State Park, we were almost on the beach we were so close. Nice lot but a bit small for the trailer and side tent but we survived. Stayed at the tannery creek campground and it was nice and folks were friendly.

Great trip overall but we should have done it in about twice the time. Here is a link to my other (non camping) photos.

http://flickr.com/photos/briangudasphot ... 426485836/

Enjoy BG
bg in West Michigan - LG 6-wide
bmg5
Teardrop Builder

Postby Miriam C. » Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:18 pm

:applause: Looks like a fun trip. Love that big tent too. :thumbsup: Thanks for sharing it with us. :thumbsup:
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Return to Trips, Pics and Hiway Tales