Practicing for IRG 2.0

...the place to share tales of your travels and pics of your adventures...

Practicing for IRG 2.0

Postby tdhombre » Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:19 pm

My wife, Liz, and I just returned from a week long trip to the eastern slopes of the Sierra Nevada Mountains east of Yosemite Park near Lee Vining. We camped out at a small campground named Big Bend just off Hwy 120 about 9 miles west of Lee Vining off Hwy 120. There was a cold stream filled with trout and a lots of exploring in the surrounding area. We visited and checked out Bodie (an intact ghost town), Mono Lake, Lee Vining, Mammoth Lakes including the Devil's Postpile) and Bishop.

Click this link to check out some of our photos hosted on Picasa.

A great area to visit but be careful of the time of year as it gets snowy and cold in the winter and very hot during the summer. It is also around 7,500 feet above sea level so take short hikes to start with. Other than that, it is perfect!!

Oh, and by the way, it sure is nice to be pulling a teardrop with the price of gas being what it is. Up there in the more remote areas it runs +$5.00 per gallon. Not many Class A's to be seen.
tdhombre
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Miriam C. » Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:06 pm

:applause: :thumbsup: Thanks for sharing some beautiful pictures Dave. Glad you had a good time :thumbsup:
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby Dean_A » Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:58 pm

Thanks for sharing! That trip up the 395 is my all-time favorite!
Dean_A
Gold Donating Member

Return to Trips, Pics and Hiway Tales