Lil Caj-Inn Goes Camping

...the place to share tales of your travels and pics of your adventures...

Lil Caj-Inn Goes Camping

Postby Eddielbs » Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:28 pm

So the wife and i just could not stand to stay home this weekend because the weather was just so beautiful. :D The fenders and bottom trim are not on the TD yet, and i was planning on the LCG III to be its maiden voyage,:oops: But the weather is just so gorgeous. It had me thinking why not a little short shakedown trip before LCG III... Needless to say the want to do this and the want to try Teardrop camping for the first time just won me over.. So we loaded up the little trailer Friday on a whim and took off north to find us a little spot to camp for the weekend.. After about 80 miles we ended up at a place Called Kincaid Recreation area in Kisatchie National Forest.. It was a nice little self service campground with full hookups and two bathhouses.. Anyway the reason for my post is to tell y'all that the Lil Caj-Inn past its first camping trip with flying colors. My wife and I LOVE camping in the TD... And its a good thing because i sure invested a lot of money in it to have found out we hated it... 8) And oh yeah We were Definitely the object of conversation in the campground.. We heard " It's so cute " A LOT but mostly just got some interested stares from passers by... I cant wait to see and meet others Tear droppers at the LCG III... Here are a few pics of our trip..

Here it is all loaded down for the trip.. I think it looks good behind the Chevy..
Here is us making camp.
Me cooking Our first dinner with the little Camp Chef stove. We had Rib eye Steaks Baked potatoes and Ceasar salad.. We used the Oven to cook the potatoes and i have to admit i was impressed with the little thing.

So we had fun and i just can't wait for the next trip.. Hope we get to see all of you on the road someplace someday... Eddie And Family...
"Some Minds are like cement, A grey matter that is thoroughly mixed up and permanently set."
Eddielbs
Donating Member

Postby CAJUN LADY » Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:45 pm

Congrats Eddie and family! It looks like you enjoyed your campout. You will be blown away seeing so many gathered in one place at LCG.

I did a single (just me) camping trip myself this weekend. I went about 100 miles from here to a small, County campground called Lake Monroe County Park. Small (25 sites) but very nice. Beautiful lake, nice recreation area and boat ramps to die for. The bathhouses were almost bigger than the campground and each were private, meaning each one was a single unit with a locking door - 10 in all. I had 2 animal visitors -- a rabbit and a turtle. I had to laugh at the turtle....I was sitting in my chair reading and I looked up and saw the turtle standing right in front of the door to the tear (it was open). The turtle's head was stretched out looking up at the Teardrop and I thought, "awww, it thinks it found it's mama".

It was a good, quiet camping trip.
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby hiker chick » Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:53 pm

That is a really stunning profile on your tear, not to mention the bold blue -- not surprised you had a lot of comments!

'08 has been my first full year with the teardrop and there is no way I'd go back to tenting....

I had a couple animal visitors at camp two weeks ago: deer and a skunk.

Got closest to the skunk.

:o
Hot Stuff Today, Dog Stuff Tomorrow

www.thegidg.com
hiker chick
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby madjack » Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:00 pm

...fantastic Eddie...taking off on a whim is what TD camping is all about...I wish I had known you were going to be at Kincaid since it is only about 10 miles from...if I had known,I would come out and had some steak and taters witcha ;)
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby Eddielbs » Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:28 pm

CAJUN LADY wrote:I had 2 animal visitors -- a rabbit and a turtle. I had to laugh at the turtle....I was sitting in my chair reading and I looked up and saw the turtle standing right in front of the door to the tear (it was open). The turtle's head was stretched out looking up at the Teardrop and I thought, "awww, it thinks it found it's mama".

Becca, Glad you had you a nice quiet camping trip this weekend.. I know my little trip was nice after the last few hectic weeks. To bad that turtle didn't get in a ride home wit ya.. Let me told ya, dem der turtles taste sumin good ina sauce picante... least some types do.. :R

hiker chick wrote:That is a really stunning profile on your tear, not to mention the bold blue -- not surprised you had a lot of comments!

Thank you for the Nice complements i was worried the blue was gunna be to much, but so far we sure like it... ;)

madjack wrote:...fantastic Eddie...taking off on a whim is what TD camping is all about...I wish I had known you were going to be at Kincaid since it is only about 10 miles from...if I had known,I would come out and had some steak and taters witcha ;)
madjack 8)

Well shucks Jack i sure had a few Extra ice cold tators Iced down in that little blue chest off to the side.. Man i sure wish i would have gave you a yell.. But then again that little campground is so clean and friendly I'm sure we will go back soon only not without letting ya know first... ;)
"Some Minds are like cement, A grey matter that is thoroughly mixed up and permanently set."
Eddielbs
Donating Member

Postby CAJUN LADY » Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:32 pm

Eddielbs wrote:
CAJUN LADY wrote:I had 2 animal visitors -- a rabbit and a turtle. I had to laugh at the turtle....I was sitting in my chair reading and I looked up and saw the turtle standing right in front of the door to the tear (it was open). The turtle's head was stretched out looking up at the Teardrop and I thought, "awww, it thinks it found it's mama".

Becca, Glad you had you a nice quiet camping trip this weekend.. I know my little trip was nice after the last few hectic weeks. To bad that turtle didn't get in a ride home wit ya.. Let me told ya, dem der turtles taste sumin good ina sauce picante... least some types do.. :R

hiker chick wrote:That is a really stunning profile on your tear, not to mention the bold blue -- not surprised you had a lot of comments!

Thank you for the Nice complements i was worried the blue was gunna be to much, but so far we sure like it... ;)

madjack wrote:...fantastic Eddie...taking off on a whim is what TD camping is all about...I wish I had known you were going to be at Kincaid since it is only about 10 miles from...if I had known,I would come out and had some steak and taters witcha ;)
madjack 8)

Well shucks Jack i sure had a few Extra ice cold tators Iced down in that little blue chest off to the side.. Man i sure wish i would have gave you a yell.. But then again that little campground is so clean and friendly I'm sure we will go back soon only not without letting ya know first... ;)

This was the little guy who came into my campground and when he stretched his head out and looked up at my Teardrop, all I could think was, "awww, he thinks he found his mama". He stayed around the camper for about an hour. And NO, he was a box turtle, not one you use in a sauce. One of those turtles that are kept for pets until they get too big and are released into the lakes. That is what Mr. Turtle was, a big, fat box turtle. The rabbit was too small to eat too.
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby jdarkoregon » Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:39 pm

Pretty nice camping trip. in some states you would have gotten a ticket for no fenders.

Great looking profile,

John
Innovation is essential
The world can be better
ImageImage
jdarkoregon
Donating Member

Postby Eddielbs » Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:37 am

jdarkoregon wrote:Pretty nice camping trip. in some states you would have gotten a ticket for no fenders.

Great looking profile,

John

Yeah this is prolly one of them.. :oops: And I'm sure that if a cop would have pulled me over he would have written it. I never get a warning for some reason just tickets. But the risk was worth it, I have the fenders now and plan on installing them this week.
Eddielbs
Donating Member

Postby CAJUN LADY » Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:25 am

Eddie, what's that thing in the 3rd picture on the bottom left? Some type of box thingy...a dog house maybe?
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Kennel

Postby Eddielbs » Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:48 pm

CAJUN LADY wrote:Eddie, what's that thing in the 3rd picture on the bottom left? Some type of box thingy...a dog house maybe?

Yeah thats our girls "tent" as you will... It pretty nice it folds down flat when not in use as to save space when packing.

Eddielbs
Donating Member

Postby forestfrog » Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:44 pm

Looks like a fun weekend!! :thumbsup: :applause: :thumbsup:
Kristi
~*~Stand still and be awed by Nature...~*~
forestfrog
Teardrop Master

Postby cdfnchico » Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:17 pm

Yep, looks like you had a great time...can't wait to get ours campable!
Cathy
Build thread - Just Chillin'
http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?t=25151

cdfnchico
Donating Member

Postby Sonetpro » Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:01 pm

Awesome. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
As MJ said that is the beauty of the tear. Mine is always packed and ready for those Friday night moments notice trips. We do that quite often. I can't wait to see it in a few weeks.
}><)))'> ~--------------·´¯) SteveT
You don't know what the limit's are until you take it there.ImageImageImage
Sonetpro
Site Admin

Postby Eddielbs » Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:09 pm

Sonetpro wrote:Awesome. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
As MJ said that is the beauty of the tear. Mine is always packed and ready for those Friday night moments notice trips. We do that quite often. I can't wait to see it in a few weeks.

Thanks Steve, I'm sure looking forward to getting to meet you and have a gander at your Fish INN... :)
Eddielbs
Donating Member

Re: Kennel

Postby CAJUN LADY » Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:59 am

Eddielbs wrote:
CAJUN LADY wrote:Eddie, what's that thing in the 3rd picture on the bottom left? Some type of box thingy...a dog house maybe?

Yeah thats our girls "tent" as you will... It pretty nice it folds down flat when not in use as to save space when packing.

Beautiful girls you've got there. Where did you find that doggie chateau? Do you have to zip them in at night?
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Next

Return to Trips, Pics and Hiway Tales