mexico mainland coast trip

...the place to share tales of your travels and pics of your adventures...

mexico mainland coast trip

Postby Gaston » Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:10 am

Hi all
checking in to see if all you great people are still up north freezing your butts off!
we left the rain and snow in Oregon on the 9th and hightailed it to tucson AZ, hooked uo with another couple wanting to go south and crossed the border at Nogales AZ this morning. Stopped at km23 and got our tourist cards and the permits for the car and trailer. the 2 people cost 39.88 in dollars and the car and trailer were 418 pesos (at 13.5 to the $). I had a little trouble convincing them the trailer didnt need registraton in Oregon but a superviser fix tha tand we were on our way.
Followed the road trip logs from the Mexican camping guide by the Churches and it was a peice of cake, they list every reference point you could want. easy trip here to Bahia Kino ar the Islandia RV Park. got a nice spot on the beach and ate dinner watching a beautiful sunset, Oh did I mention if was 80 degrees hare with a light breeze when we arrived?? I post more later in the mean time eat your hearts out
John :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
The difficult we do now... the impossible takes a little longer
Gaston
Donating Member

Re: mexico mainland coast trip

Postby Kevin A » Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:25 am

Gaston wrote:Hi all
checking in to see if all you great people are still up north freezing your butts off!
we left the rain and snow in Oregon on the 9th and hightailed it to tucson AZ, hooked uo with another couple wanting to go south and crossed the border at Nogales AZ this morning. Stopped at km23 and got our tourist cards and the permits for the car and trailer. the 2 people cost 39.88 in dollars and the car and trailer were 418 pesos (at 13.5 to the $). I had a little trouble convincing them the trailer didnt need registraton in Oregon but a superviser fix tha tand we were on our way.
Followed the road trip logs from the Mexican camping guide by the Churches and it was a peice of cake, they list every reference point you could want. easy trip here to Bahia Kino ar the Islandia RV Park. got a nice spot on the beach and ate dinner watching a beautiful sunset, Oh did I mention if was 80 degrees hare with a light breeze when we arrived?? I post more later in the mean time eat your hearts out

John, you SUCK!!!! Hope you're all having a great vacation... :thumbsup:
Get some pictures posted.
"Follow me, I'm right behind you"

ImageImage
Kevin A
The other guy

Re: mexico mainland coast trip

Postby Miriam C. » Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:38 am

Kevin A wrote:
Gaston wrote:Hi all

John, you SUCK!!!! Hope you're all having a great vacation... :thumbsup:
Get some pictures posted.

Double time!

Enjoy! :thumbsup:
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby halfdome, Danny » Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:30 am

John your a brave man to venture into Mexico. Like Kevin said "You Suck" :lol: . You were quite close (Oro Valley) to Larry & Terri S. who use to live in WA. He has the teardrop with Route 66 in the galley and the nice custom side room. Hope you and Linda are having a wonderful time. See you in the spring. :D Danny
ImageImage
"Conditions are never just right. People who delay action until all factors are favorable do nothing". William Feather
Don't accept "It's Good Enough" build to the best of your abilities.
Teardroppers Of Oregon & WashingtonImage
halfdome, Danny
*Happy Camper

camp at beach

Postby Gaston » Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:05 pm

hi again
just me here in the land of warm days and pretty beaches
this was our site at Islandia rv park in old Kino :lol:
ya thats me trying to decide cold beer... more shrimp damn I hate these hard decisions
Gaston
Donating Member

Postby Steve_Cox » Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:24 pm

John,

Soak up all the warmth and sun you can, it'll still be cold up here when you come back :lol: :lol:
Steve
Steve_Cox
4000 Club
4000 Club

Re: camp at beach

Postby mikeschn » Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:44 pm

Gaston wrote:hi again
ya thats me trying to decide cold beer... more shrimp damn I hate these hard decisions

I wasn't gonna say you suck, but then I saw the pictures... You suck!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: Hope you're having a good time! The cold will be here when you get back! ;)

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Re: camp at beach

Postby Cliffmeister2000 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:32 am

Gaston wrote:hi again

Looks like fun! Tell me (inquiring minds want to know), why is there a barbed wire fence between you and the beach?
God Bless

Cliff

♥God. ♥People.
1 John 4:9-11

My Teardrop build pictures
Cliffmeister2000
Titanium Donating Member

Postby Gaston » Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:53 am

Hi Cliff
Alot of parks and property owners do that to keep the locals from cutting across the property. I guess the beaches here are all public and the barb wire is to give the "gringos" a feeling of security.
we are now down at Celestino, about 60 km north of Mazatlan and the place is isolated enough they don't have the fence to spoil the view. Some one told me the fence was to keep the drunk Norte Americanos from walking into the sea and drowning
damn its beer a clock again !!
bye 8)
Gaston
Donating Member

Postby Cliffmeister2000 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:57 am

Gaston wrote:Hi Cliff
Alot of parks and property owners do that to keep the locals from cutting across the property. I guess the beaches here are all public and the barb wire is to give the "gringos" a feeling of security.
we are now down at Celestino, about 60 km north of Mazatlan and the place is isolated enough they don't have the fence to spoil the view. Some one told me the fence was to keep the drunk Norte Americanos from walking into the sea and drowning
damn its beer a clock again !!
bye 8)

I used to love going to Rosarito Beach a dozen years ago. Now that I don't drink, I wonder if it would be as much fun... :thinking:

We have no shortage of sunshine here in Phoenix! :sweaty:
God Bless

Cliff

♥God. ♥People.

Cliffmeister2000
Titanium Donating Member

Postby traveler » Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:20 pm

Where is Linda????????? She must be shopping. :lol:
Why do anything unless it is fun with your teardrop
traveler
The 300 Club

Postby traveler » Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:22 pm

Cliff, according to a friend of mine that lives in Queen Creek, he has had plenty of the shinny stuff. :D
Bruce :)
Why do anything unless it is fun with your teardrop
traveler
The 300 Club

Postby Cliffmeister2000 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:55 am

traveler wrote:Cliff, according to a friend of mine that lives in Queen Creek, he has had plenty of the shinny stuff. :D
Bruce :)

Yup. Was supposed to hit 89 yesterday, only got to 84. It's 55 right now (6:50 am), and heading to about 81.

We tend to spend all winter waiting for the heat, and all summer waiting for the cold. Phoenix is the land of disenchantment for many, I'm afraid.

Personally, I don't HATE winter, but tolerate it, Love spring and autumn, and two of the 3 moths of summer. The last 2 weeks of July and the first two weeks of August are hard to love. :D
God Bless

Cliff

♥God. ♥People.

Cliffmeister2000
Titanium Donating Member

Postby TheBizMan » Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:29 pm

Cliff

I keep trying to tell people that Phoenix only has about 2 bad months and we handle them by going to the mountains with our teardrop.
Lee - TheBizMan sez
Teardrops make for happy camping
ImageImage
TheBizMan
Gold Donating Member

Postby Cliffmeister2000 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:54 pm

TheBizMan wrote:Cliff

I keep trying to tell people that Phoenix only has about 2 bad months and we handle them by going to the mountains with our teardrop.

True, true. Even the cold of late January, early February are great desert camping times!
God Bless

Cliff

♥God. ♥People.

Cliffmeister2000
Titanium Donating Member

Next

Return to Trips, Pics and Hiway Tales