Lil Caj-Inn Goes to the Beach

...the place to share tales of your travels and pics of your adventures...

Lil Caj-Inn Goes to the Beach

Postby Eddielbs » Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:15 pm

So My wife Anna and I loaded up the Lil Caj-Inn and the jeep this weekend and headed off to Cameron Louisiana a place i spent a lot of time growing up. I knew that Broussard beach if it still existed after all the storms we have been having, would be a nice place to go wheeling with the jeep and do a little target shooting with the new .17HMR. My aunt use to have a house right off the beach that Rita took a few years back. So I called her up and asked to use the old house seat for a camp spot. It really turned out to be a nice weekend. The beach isn't really accessible by anything but a 4WD so that and the fact its still a little cold meant we had it all to ourselves..

Unloading the jeep at the campsite
Road in to the Beach
Anna my Marine Sharpshooter taking aim.
Sunset Friday Night
Sunrise Saturday morning

More pictures Click Here
"Some Minds are like cement, A grey matter that is thoroughly mixed up and permanently set."
Eddielbs
Donating Member

Postby Nobody » Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:46 pm

Great pix Eddie (& Anna). That area is (or used to be) one of my favorite parts of Louisiana. Many years ago when I was at the Univ of Tulsa, we used to take a week or so each year & drive down to Holly Beach & spend a few days camping on the beach just west of town. Met some good folks there. Wasn't even sure if it still existed following the bad storms of the past few years.
Harvey -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Doing the right thing ain't always easy but, . . . it's always right!
Nobody
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Eddielbs » Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:43 pm

Yeah the whole area never has really gotten over Rita.. The people who didn't move out and were trying to get there lives back together a little were torn down again by Ike. All the plant life is still dead in the area pretty much with the exceptions of the plants that could handle the salt water inundation. I have spent many days on Holly Beach and to tell you the truth nothing there even looks close to what it once was.
"Some Minds are like cement, A grey matter that is thoroughly mixed up and permanently set."
Eddielbs
Donating Member

Postby madjack » Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:45 pm

...hey Eddie, good pics...I just knew, there was a reason I didn't ever wanna cross Anna :lol: ;) ...the shame about that area, is the fact it has been mainly forgotten/ignored by almost everybody and just left to get by as best it can........
madjack 8)

p.s. at least the skeeters shouldn't have been too bad this time of year......MJ
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby lauriandgary » Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:00 pm

Great pictures Eddie!

We're fond of Rutherford Beach. We were amazed & devasted by the destruction of Rita. But we haven't had the heart to go back since Ike & Gustav.
Gary

And if I don't see you tomorrow, hello.
lauriandgary
Teardrop Master

Postby Miriam C. » Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:48 pm

:thumbsup: Amazing pictures guys. Wish I had a beach to go to. Especially if there were few people around. :worship:
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Re: Lil Caj-Inn Goes to the Beach

Postby Cliffmeister2000 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:26 am

Eddielbs wrote:I knew that Broussard beach if it still existed after all the storms we have been having, would be a nice place to go wheeling with the jeep and do a little target shooting with the new .17HMR.
Anna my Marine Sharpshooter taking aim.

Now that's a sight! Expanse of ocean, strip of beach, nice jeep, pretty girl, shiny new rifle. :applause:

What kind of wood is that stock made of?
God Bless

Cliff

♥God. ♥People.
1 John 4:9-11

My Teardrop build pictures
Cliffmeister2000
Titanium Donating Member

Postby Nobody » Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:05 am

Cliffmeister2000 wrote:
Now that's a sight! Expanse of ocean, strip of beach, nice jeep, pretty girl, shiny new rifle. :applause:

I'm not Eddielbs but I do believe that be a new Savage 93R17BTVS with the laminated, ventilated, thumbhole stock (or close relative). With the AccuTrigger those things are awesome shooters :thumbsup:
Harvey -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Doing the right thing ain't always easy but, . . . it's always right!
Nobody
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Eddielbs » Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:52 pm

Nobody wrote:
Cliffmeister2000 wrote:

I'm not Eddielbs but I do believe that be a new Savage 93R17BTVS with the laminated, ventilated, thumbhole stock (or close relative). With the AccuTrigger those things are awesome shooters :thumbsup:

Your right on all of that... It is one nice gun.. for the price,, Im not sure on type wood though.. it is The Savage 93R17BTVSS

Eddielbs
Donating Member

Postby Eddielbs » Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:07 pm

madjack wrote:...hey Eddie, good pics...I just knew, there was a reason I didn't ever wanna cross Anna :lol: ;) ...the shame about that area, is the fact it has been mainly forgotten/ignored by almost everybody and just left to get by as best it can........
madjack 8)

p.s. at least the skeeters shouldn't have been too bad this time of year......MJ

M.J.,,That makes two of us who doesn't want to cross Her... Yeah it is sad about the place, and the skeeters were not near as bad as i know they can get...
Eddielbs
Donating Member

Postby annalbs » Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:59 pm

they weren't bad at least until the last nite.... then wooweee they came out strong like i remembered.... and i am pretty good with a rifle.... 8) as long as eddie remembers that then we are going to be just fine HAHA :thumbsup:
annalbs
Teardrop Master

Return to Trips, Pics and Hiway Tales