First Trip

...the place to share tales of your travels and pics of your adventures...

First Trip

Postby trailtrekerNJ » Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:54 pm

So my wife Pat suprised me and wanted to go on the shake down trip with the TD. We decided to stay close to home in NJ and picked Allentown, PA. I belong to the AVA walking club and there was four walks within the area of our base camp at KOA Allentown.
We were initially iffy on leaving friday after work because of the on and off rain but figured damn the torpedoes, full steam ahead. The TD tracked excellent behind the Jeep which averaged 18mpg, one less than highway advertised.
At the campground we sat out the rain in the Jeep while setting up the site. Eventually it stopped and the rest of the weekend was clear and sunny. Facing the front of the TD we set up a shower shower which Pat used to change clothes and for a night time privy. To the left we put up a vehicle tent shelter which would allow for that side window to stay open if it rained.
The walks included two seperate walks in and around Bethlehem, PA; a walk along the Little Lehigh River, including a trout hatchery and Indian museum; and a walk in and around Allentown, PA.
The TD was the subject / scrutiny / talk of all in the campground and I agree if another person was to call it "cute" I may have screamed.
Future additions include 1 - eyeglass cases/holders attached inside sleeping area cabinet doors for safety, 2 - a comforter for when it is cool, the temperature was in the upper 40s / low 50s at night, 3 - two small coolers, one for food the other for beverages, instead of the large one we have, making it easier to load/unload from TD.
trailtrekerNJ
Teardrop Advisor

Postby hiker chick » Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:45 pm

Fun times -- congrats on the shakedown trip!

It's adorable!

;)
Hot Stuff Today, Dog Stuff Tomorrow

www.thegidg.com
hiker chick
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Miriam C. » Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:10 pm

:o :thumbsup: Such a cute Little Guy! Looks like you managed a nice trip. :thumbsup: :applause:
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby trailtrekerNJ » Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:52 pm

Adorable?..... adorABLE??..... ADORABLE?????

Cute?......CuTE??.....CUTE?????

AARRGGHHH :x

Thanks, it is still a project in the works.
trailtrekerNJ
Teardrop Advisor

Postby hiker chick » Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:34 pm

If you'd put Camo-skinz on it we could admire its studliness.

In the meantime, I suppose it is also handsome.

I don't recall my Little Guy being referred to as cute. Overwhelmingly, what I hear is:

"Coooooooooool !!!"

;)
Hot Stuff Today, Dog Stuff Tomorrow

www.thegidg.com
hiker chick
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby S. Heisley » Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:47 pm

Now, Barney is Cute! (That's the woofer.) Glad you're enjoying your new tear and had a good time. :thumbsup:
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Return to Trips, Pics and Hiway Tales