Our Connecticut Vacation

...the place to share tales of your travels and pics of your adventures...

Our Connecticut Vacation

Postby Sam I am » Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:57 pm

My wife, Sonnia, and I just returned from a three day camping trip to Connecticut. We took the teardrop and camped at Rocky Neck State Park, near Niantic, CT. It's a very nice park and campground, and has its own beach. Here is our setup at the park.Image
On Friday, it poured rain all day and night! No leaks in the teardrop! We felt sorry for out tenting neighbors! We went to the aquarium at Mystic that day, since most of it was indoors. Here are some pics from there:
Saturday was beautiful! We went to ride the steam train and riverboat at Essex. The train goes several miles up along the Connecticut River, then you exit the train and board an excursion boat for a trip of several more miles upriver, then back to the dock, and take the train back to Essex. It takes about 2 1/2 hours total.
On the boat we saw Gillette Castle, built for the razor magnate.
Here is the Goodspeed Opera House.
And here is a swing bridge - like a drawbridge, except it rotates to let tall ships through. Image
Later, we walked along the beach. Here's Sonnia collecting sea shells.

And here we are at our campfire Saturday night.
It was a great trip, and we had fun!
Sam I am
500 Club

Postby hotrod » Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:10 pm

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
nice pics and its great to see the east side of this nation! looks like you had a great trip!!
Paul
Some people are like slinkys.. not much good for anything but they still make you smile when you push them down the stairs....
hotrod
TILT
TILT

Postby Downunder Dave » Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:17 am

Great pics Sam, looks like you had a enjoyable time. I welcome the chance to see any pics from that side of the globe so thanks for sharing. :applause:
We just had 3 days away over here but got washed out, not to worry we need the rain :thumbsup:

Cheers Dave
The Longest journey starts with but a single step.

ADVENTURE before DEMENTIA
Downunder Dave
Teardrop Advisor

Return to Trips, Pics and Hiway Tales