Caj-Inn goes to Wyoming!

...the place to share tales of your travels and pics of your adventures...

Caj-Inn goes to Wyoming!

Postby annalbs » Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:07 pm

Hey Guys! Its been a while since Eddie and I have posted anything, mainly do to craziness at work and here recently due to our summer vacation! We just got back from a two week vacation up to Wyoming where we stayed at Flagg Ranch Resort Campground between Yellowstone and Grand Tetons National Parks. Let me just say it is AMAZING! If you haven't been I would definitely recommend it be on your bucket list! Anyway, as many of you know we posted a thread a few months back about our trip plans and the possible route we were going to take. Thanks to many of your suggestions we were able to kinda take it easy and see where we ended up each night. Because of a slow down with Eddie's job we were able to leave two days earlier than planned which gave us 6 days before we had to be at our ultimate camping destination instead of the original 4 days. We left on Tuesday June 9 and made it as far as Boyd, TX for the first stop. After being attacked by hungry ducks and geese at the campground we got back on the road and drove up toward Denver. We decided to stop just south of Denver so as to avoid rush hour traffic and get off the road for a little while. We stayed at an awesome campground called the Sportsman's Campground in Lamar, CO. It looked to be an old KOA that had been redone. It had some of the nicest bathrooms I've seen in a campground! The next day we headed up to Denver and visited with family then continued on toward Ft. Collins where we camped for our third night. Since we had two extra days of travel we decided to head on up to Cody, WY and go visit the Buffalo Bill Museum and go into Yellowstone from the east entrance so as to see that side of the park. We stayed in Cody for a couple of nights and then packed up to head on to the Flagg Ranch. Shortly after getting into Yellowstone we came across some bison who decided they were entitled to the middle lane of the road. Yellowstone was awesome and we were able to see the whole park during our 4 day stay at Flagg Ranch. We were also able to explore the Grand Tetons National Park during this time and I must say those mountains are beautiful! We got to see many critters during our trip including a couple of grizzly bears, moose, elk, pronghorns, and lots and lots of bison! It will be one of those trips that we will definitely do again, maybe in the winter to get a new experience. Although we did get to see plenty of snow while we were there. The temps stayed between 40-60 while we were there so it was a nice change from the heat wave of 90-100 degrees we were having back home. It was definitely a trip of a lifetime!

A few of the 1500+ pictures taken:
Stopping for Lunch at Hell's Half Acre in Wyoming
Passing through the Mountains
Firearm Exhibit at Buffalo Bill Museum - every firearm ever made was there... Eddie was in heaven!
The first Moose we saw!
We couldn't get over the fact there was snow in JUNE!
The bison picked there side and you just had to deal!
Yellowstone Lake... unfortunately it was overcast alot during our trip.
Yellowstone River passing through the grand canyon of yellowstone
Eddie's Grizzly bear he saw while walking the pups in our campground!
Mammoth Hot Springs
Our view during one of our many picnics
Emerald Hot Pool
The Grand Tetons
Some people... hehe
Some more pics of those people :D :R ;)

For even more pictures of our trip you can go to this site http://photosbyanna.shutterfly.com/
annalbs
Teardrop Master

Postby CAJUN LADY » Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:23 pm

Anna,
What beautiful pictures of your trip. I am so jealous! We lived in Idaho and got to visit (and ski) the Grand Tetons, Yellowstone, Jackson Hole and surrounding areas. I too want to go back and see that beautiful part of the country. We never did see a bear (which is just fine with me) but just about everything else. People just can understand how peaceful and serene that is. The waterfalls, the mountains, the fresh air...

Glad you guys had a great time and made it back safe.
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby Miriam C. » Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:04 pm

:applause: :thumbsup: :woohoo:
Thank you for sharing your beautiful pictures. What a trip....... :thumbsup:
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby sheila » Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:04 pm

I just got back from a trip to Yellowstone, too! I wish we could have stayed longer than a week, although a week in a tent is what convinced me we needed to get some kind of travel trailer. I'm embarrassed to say that even though I'm from CO, I've only been there twice.

We did manage to see a brown/grizzly bear. She was walking through a meadow on the side of the road that goes into West Yellowstone. Isn't she just gorgeous? It was awesome to see her walk across that meadow free and wild, and not in a cage. (I say "she" but it might be a boy, I don't know.)

sheila
Teardrop Inspector

Postby madjack » Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:52 pm

...wonderful story and wonderful pics...thanks Anna for sharing them with us :thumbsup: :thumbsup: ................... 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby S. Heisley » Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:49 pm

Beautiful pictures!

Thanks for sharing! :applause:
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby 35thAV » Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:06 am

I need to get out there next year - <b>your pics inspired me to start planning!</b>
1976 Westwind 13' with dual rear doors (48")Painted to match the F250 <b><i>My big little trailer!</i></b>

<b>The road takes me to the dirt, the dirt takes me to the whitewater, the whitewater takes me to the......</b>
My adventures blog:<b> http://blastshelter.blogspot.com/</b>
35thAV
Teardrop Master

Postby annalbs » Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:45 am

wow shelia! that's a pretty close shot! when eddie saw the bear in our campground i was back at the tear getting ready... he was trying to quietly yell at me to bring the camera. by the time i got there it was heading back in the woods. pretty scary/cool though.
annalbs
Teardrop Master

Postby rebapuck » Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:23 pm

Been to that area too, from NC. I LOVE Yellowstone.

Before going in the winter, check to see if it's open. I was there May 4-8. Surrounding areas opened May 9 that year. Missed some of the side roads as they were still snowed in. MAY!! Passed a snowplow digging out 6 ft of snow. In MAY!!
Judy
1966 VW camper
1967 VW singlecab
rebapuck

Return to Trips, Pics and Hiway Tales