The 20th Dam Gathering of the tears, May 1-5, 2013 ...!

That area of Southern Oregon and Northern California. (Ask Dean!) Includes Jefferson State Tearjerkers

Re: The 20th Dam Gathering of the tears, May 1-5, 2013 ...!

Postby Phooey » Sun May 05, 2013 8:07 pm

Thank you Grant and Kay for a fabulous gathering. It was really great to see "Miss Piggy" and the "Atma Traveleer" after following the builds. They are both really beautiful. Sad to be home and missing all our old and new friends. Hope to see y'all next year. :D :wine:
Phooey
Teardrop Master

Postby GuitarPhotog » Sun May 05, 2013 8:39 pm

Whew! What a great time.

Special thanks to Grant, Kay, Dean and all the others who organized and put on such a fun event.

I haven't had this much fun with my clothes on, since last year's DAM Gathering.

Pictures when I get a chance to process and organize them.

<Chas>
:beer:
GuitarPhotog
Silver Donating Member

Postby Reddiver » Sun May 05, 2013 8:58 pm

Thank you all had a great time.. I really didnt know when I started building La Tortuga that I would meet so many good people as a result. :applause: :applause:
Steve
Reddiver
Donating Member

Postby piefoot » Sun May 05, 2013 9:44 pm

Reddiver wrote:Thank you all had a great time.. I really didnt know when I started building La Tortuga that I would meet so many good people as a result. :applause: :applause:

Steve, thank you so much for showing me your trailer. It was my favorite. My friends and family were impressed with La Tortuga and appreciated you letting me show it to them. I enjoyed meeting you and as a result, my wife is asking me when I am going to start building one for us, LOL. Perhaps our paths will cross again. maybe at the 21st Dam Gathering of the Tears!
piefoot
Teardrop Inspector

Postby piefoot » Sun May 05, 2013 9:49 pm

I am grateful to have been a part of the 20th Dam gathering of the Tears. My son and i had a great time and met some fantastic people. I don't have a teardrop yet but have been following the forums for some time now looking for ideas and considering options. It was great to see so many teardrops up close and personal. I drove home with some new ideas and my wife decided she would like one after seeing several great home built trailers. My son won the people's choice in the Dutch Oven cook off. He is still beaming about that too. Looking forward to next year already.

Thanks all.

:applause:
piefoot
Teardrop Inspector

Postby robfisher » Sun May 05, 2013 10:15 pm

Made it back to Idaho with pinball intact. Had a great time. Thanks to all who did the work. Great job!
robfisher
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby campmaster-k » Sun May 05, 2013 10:25 pm

Super good time. Thanks to everyone. Special thank to Kay and Grant for trusting us noobs to pull off the pinewood derby. Thanks to young Finn and everyone who made the effort to make cars and race or just come to watch. It was a huge success. And super fun.
-Kirk

>TnTTT ORIGINAL 200A LANTERN CLUB

>CEO Coleman Recovery Inc.

>Nor Cal Camping Pinewood Racing Team

Build thread -

viewtopic.php?t=45307&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=180

Check out my Pictures -

http://s1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa4 ... 0QQtppZZ24
campmaster-k
Lifetime member

Postby campmaster-k » Sun May 05, 2013 10:43 pm

I will post a bunch of pic later but aI just wanted to say that Kevins cookies were excellent as usual Thanks Kevin for sharing.
-Kirk

>TnTTT ORIGINAL 200A LANTERN CLUB

>CEO Coleman Recovery Inc.

>Nor Cal Camping Pinewood Racing Team

Build thread -

viewtopic.php?t=45307&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=180

Check out my Pictures -

http://s1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa4 ... 0QQtppZZ24
campmaster-k
Lifetime member

Postby _Ryan_ » Sun May 05, 2013 10:54 pm

It sounds like you all had a great time, I can't wait to see pictures!

I wasn't able to make it this year, but I'm looking forward to next year when I will have my teardrop completed and will be able to join you!

By the way the forum was practically dead over the weekend, I wonder why...
Last edited by _Ryan_ on Sun May 05, 2013 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
_Ryan_
Teardrop Master

Postby desertmoose » Sun May 05, 2013 10:57 pm

campmaster-k wrote:Super good time. Thanks to everyone. Special thank to Kay and Grant for trusting us noobs to pull off the pinewood derby. Thanks to young Finn and everyone who made the effort to make cars and race or just come to watch. It was a huge success. And super fun.

Kirk: thanks for a great event. I had a wonderful time, even though Kat beat me in the trailer towing race.... :D

Sam
desertmoose
The 300 Club

Postby Dean in Eureka, CA » Mon May 06, 2013 12:56 am

Thanks to Grant & Kay for hosting the Best Dam Gathering ever and Thanks to All for making Our Dam Wedding so special!!!
Dean in Eureka, CA
The Fogcrawler

Postby Reddiver » Mon May 06, 2013 8:29 am

piefoot wrote:
Reddiver wrote:Thank you all had a great time.. I really didnt know when I started building La Tortuga that I would meet so many good people as a result. :applause: :applause:

Steve, thank you so much for showing me your trailer. It was my favorite. My friends and family were impressed with La Tortuga and appreciated you letting me show it to them. I enjoyed meeting you and as a result, my wife is asking me when I am going to start building one for us, LOL. Perhaps our paths will cross again. maybe at the 21st Dam Gathering of the Tears!

Thanks for checking it out! I am Happy to show it off . There are truly some amazing trailers at the Dam Gathering, It was great time just time flew by to fast.
Steve
Reddiver
Donating Member

Postby DougH » Mon May 06, 2013 9:30 am

Dean in Eureka, CA wrote:Thanks to Grant & Kay for hosting the Best Dam Gathering ever and Thanks to All for making Our Dam Wedding so special!!!

Sorry I missed all the fun and the wedding. I had planned on attending as I rebuilt my trailer over the winter and this had been planned as the first outing Things came up as we just switched the live in care provider for my Dad and I leave for two weeks on an Alaskan cruise next Sunday.

Guess I'll have to look forward to the IRG next year even more :)

Best wished to both of you
DougH
Teardrop Master

Postby SuperShady1 » Mon May 06, 2013 11:45 am

Dawn and I want to say a BIG THANK YOU to Grant, Kay, Dean and all the others who organized and put on such a grand event. :applause:

Being our first Dam Gathering we were so impressed with how much fun there was. Kay was so kind and wanted us to get as cozy as possible as soon as possible. We got to say hello and thank you to Grant right as we were pulling out. But Grant and I have yaked on the phone many times so no love lost there. Congrats to Lee on the Grand Prize!! He was very kind to me and my Coleman Lantern that I inherited from my step dad and gave me a tutorial on how to get her back in shape. Lee now that you got another project let me know what in store for that old Teadrop, maybe my son and I can do a project together?? :thumbsup:

When it was getting toasty during the peak part of the day we went over to the Shasta Dam Tour(Free) too cool off and the next day to the Shasta Caverns for the boat ride and the caves!! For some reason I do not remember there being buses back when I was in scouts 35 years ago going up to the Caverns?? Back then the Scout masters would march us everywhere...March or Die! Does anyone remember them not having the buses? :thinking:

There were so many nice people to visit with, only hope next time to meet more new friends at the next one. :D

Dawn and Dave
Its a beautiful world we live in
A sweet romantic place
Beautiful people everywhere
The way they show they care
Makes me want to say

Its a beautiful world
Its a beautiful world
Its a beautiful world

For you, for you, for you

Coleman Keepers 200A Gang

Green Lantern Corpsmen
SuperShady1
500 Club

Postby S. Heisley » Mon May 06, 2013 1:00 pm

Thank you, Grant and Kay and everyone who helped make the Dam Gathering such a success. For it's huge size, everything went exceptionally well and that could only be attributed to you, you, you! I know that you, Grant and Kay, are probably exhausted and still recuperating in your cute Kayve camper and are hopefully basking in the afterglow of a wonderful 20th anniversary Dam Gathering celebration. Ya done good. Be happy! :D

PS. NOBODY went hungry, unless they wanted to! :picnic:
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

PreviousNext

Return to Jefferson State