Gearing Up For IRG3.0...

That area of Southern Oregon and Northern California. (Ask Dean!) Includes Jefferson State Tearjerkers

Spoiler Alert for IRG 3.0

Postby The Teardrop Nanny » Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:11 pm

8) Happy New Year's Eve to you all! :P As we embark upon a new decade I am pleased to announce that we have TENTATIVELY secured a date for the IRG 3.o

Drum roll.......please :applause: Wednesday, July 14th through Sunday, July 18th with last/late check out being on Monday July 19th by 11 am. It will be official this Monday morning at 6:30 am. I just left Kevin & Dean, who are comfortably tucked into the Dept. of PW parking lot, with the tds and NY Eve dinner....freshly cooked crab.

Tomorrow, NY Day, the guys want to cook up a prime rib and more crab (which there are 4 live ones spending the night in the back of Dean's truck) and start the New Year with an outdoor food fest. Looking forward to seeing some revival on the IRG forum(s) as we head toward the summer.
Thanks for all your help & support to make this event possible.

HAVE A GREAT NEW YEAR !! :thumbsup: JOANIE
Life's uncertain...eat dessert first. Check out our cooking channel for cast iron:
www.youtube.com/outdoorcastironcook Dean & Joanie, your hosts
The Teardrop Nanny
Teardrop Muse

Postby Wolfgang92025 » Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:25 pm

All right,..........

That mean's I have a 180 days to get mine done................

Guy's. Thanks for giving up your weekend and waiting in line to get the reservation. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Happy New Year :P :P :beer: :beer: :wine: :wine: :P :P
Wolfgang

Wolfgang92025
Lifetime member

Only 180 days to go

Postby The Teardrop Nanny » Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:45 pm

8) You are welcome..... Dean & I thank ALL of you who have helped and supported us over the past years/events. It's not JUST the teardrop...it's also the People.

;) TDN Countdown to the new decade begins....still yesterday on the left coast!
Life's uncertain...eat dessert first. Check out our cooking channel for cast iron:
The Teardrop Nanny
Teardrop Muse

Postby doug hodder » Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:17 am

So are they first in line??? Aha...I see they are 2nd....maybe bribe the #1 guy with some prime rib! Those sound like great dates. For those of you that haven't attended, one reason those are great is because the river is much warmer at that time. Joanie...are we going to be able to camp in the meadow as we did in '08? Inquiring minds want to know. Doug
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Postby rainjer » Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:46 am

I thought the plan for IRG 3.0 was to have it for an entire week???

I am not sure if I can make those dates. My wife's annual trip to the Oregon coast is a already booked for July 18-25. I will have to see If I can figure out a a way to make it work.

Jeremy
rainjer
King Koleman

a Roger there, Rainjer

Postby The Teardrop Nanny » Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:15 am

8) Hello... Had hoped to go a whole week officially on site, but we can't do two weekends reserved until after all of the other registrants have signed up, and we already know part of the one weekend has been taken by the person who signed up third...we got second this time!, but the dates were our first choice due to issues with the river, not only temperature, but b/g algae. We'd LIKE to do it for an entire week of seven days Jeremy, but the cost $$ of the place went up CONSIDERably, and Dean and I want to keep the registration/camping fee the same as the last two times. We'd welcome people to come into the area earlier on in the week like Sun/Mon and try to camp at the grove next door, Swimmer's Delight, or nearby sites if we aren't able to get in to PG on Tues. for local set up. I sure hope you can swing it; we realize almost any weekend we pick in July, and there are five this coming year, will conflict with Something Someone has going on....so we have to just hope our old friends can come, and some new ones too. At this point, we are only 1 day short of the week.....hope to get in early on Tuesday so we can get all set up/deliver wood for deep pit and fireplaces, etc. Then out by the next Monday morning....so for us that adds up to 6 nights and 7 days...pretty darn close! Keep in touch. TDN
Last edited by The Teardrop Nanny on Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Teardrop Nanny
Teardrop Muse

Postby Prem » Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:46 am

:thumbsup: Thanks for standing in line in the cold guys!

Prem
My goal...

Gold Donating Member

Another great sacrifce!

Postby Guy » Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:20 am

Dear Joannie, Dean, and Kevin,

Thank you for another New Years Eve campout in the cold. As expected this IRG will exceed the previous three (IRG 1.1 included). LOL

Keep 'em Fed, Joannie!
Regards,

Guy
Keep on living, laughing, learning and loving.
Guy
1000 Club
1000 Club

Thanks for the encouragement

Postby The Teardrop Nanny » Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:19 pm

8) Hey out there.....one day & night down.....3 more to go. Dean went to pick up the prime rib ($85 worth of it) and he pulled off the kettle with the remaining crab this morn. I'm on a home check/break and update.

One of the persons camping out with us has a computer and last time we got free wifi from a nearby building, so it is possible you may hear from us out in the "field".
Happy New Year....and I DON'T miss watching the games on TV.... :lol:
TDN
The Teardrop Nanny
Teardrop Muse

Postby Prem » Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:02 pm

Dean, Kevin and Joanie,

If you have WiFi there, here's an interesting picture for you:

And here's what I wish you:

Stay warm,

Prem
My goal...

Gold Donating Member

Postby doug hodder » Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:01 am

I got a call from Kevin and Dean last night. It sounds like they are eating well and spending some time sitting in front of the propane heater. They have endured major rain and a wind storm but are hanging tough! Thanks for all your dedication guys! :applause: Doug
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

IRG 2010

Postby mvperini » Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:22 am

The Teardrop Nanny Posted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:11 pm Post subject: Spoiler Alert for IRG 3.0

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Happy New Year's Eve to you all! As we embark upon a new decade I am pleased to announce that we have TENTATIVELY secured a date for the IRG 3.o

Drum roll.......please Wednesday, July 14th through Sunday, July 18th with last/late check out being on Monday July 19th by 11 am. It will be official this Monday morning at 6:30 am. I just left Kevin & Dean, who are comfortably tucked into the Dept. of PW parking lot, with the tds and NY Eve dinner....freshly cooked crab.

Tomorrow, NY Day, the guys want to cook up a prime rib and more crab (which there are 4 live ones spending the night in the back of Dean's truck) and start the New Year with an outdoor food fest. Looking forward to seeing some revival on the IRG forum(s) as we head toward the summer.
Thanks for all your help & support to make this event possible.

HAVE A GREAT NEW YEAR !! JOANIE

Joanie
whats on the menu for 2010 here is a picture of some of what we had for IRG 2008
Regards Mike Perini

1947 Kenskill teardrop kamper 4X10>
1951 Boles Areo 16ft Canned Ham>
1956 Roadmaster 20ft> Restored
1959 airstream 18ft restoration complete
1953 Pontiac house car
mvperini
500 Club

IRG-3

Postby Carol Reed » Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:00 pm

I, also, would like to express my gratitude to the boys who hung in there to secure the site/dates for this awsome event. Although I have not yet attended this event, I have met a few of you and am really looking forward to participating this year. KUDOS to you !!!

Along the way, here, I must cofess: I wimped out on the Vegas outing this weekend, and only went out for the day on Friday. Sorry, Vegas..... but Friday was GREAT !!!

So back to IRG..... Is there a solution for those of us who cannot access the IRG3 sites ??? I am not sure if it is "operator error" or "equipment failure". (Tomorrow I will try the puter at work to see if I get better results)

Thanks, again. See you all in July !!
Carol :)
FL Carol
2013 Camp-Inn 550 #609
Carol Reed
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Dean in Eureka, CA » Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:55 pm

If you have trouble getting any of the Pamplin sites to come up... Try hitting Refresh.
Dean in Eureka, CA
The Fogcrawler

Postby mvperini » Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:39 pm

Dean
i have been trying to get the web site to come up for the last few days.with no luck
Are we going to have some of youe world famous BLT pizza :D
Click on picture for link to alubm

Regards Mike Perini

1947 Kenskill teardrop kamper 4X10>
1951 Boles Areo 16ft Canned Ham>
1956 Roadmaster 20ft> Restored
1959 airstream 18ft restoration complete
1953 Pontiac house car
mvperini
500 Club

PreviousNext

Return to Jefferson State