IRG 3.0.....7 days to go people!!!!

That area of Southern Oregon and Northern California. (Ask Dean!) Includes Jefferson State Tearjerkers

Postby Wolfgang92025 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:04 pm

Chris,

Don't worry, mine will not be done either.

Still looking forward to having a good time........... :thumbsup:

Wolfgang
Wolfgang

Wolfgang92025
Lifetime member

Postby teardrop_focus » Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:04 pm

[Edit for Wolfgang]

Thanks, Volfie!

:thumbsup:

TENNJIM

...You are going to love this Redwoods experience without any worries at all.

cherokeegeorge

...you will have a great time. You're going to be surrounded by good friends.

rainjer

...just camp near Jerome...

Steve E

You will feel right at home and if forget something or need a helping hand you are in good company... Looking forward to meeting you both..

bledsoe3

...Notice the bungie cord holding the hatch down, no finiish on the wood and no fenders.

Steve E

Many of us have camped with our trailers in the build stage and gotten enough done just to make it road worthy so not to miss out on a great camp experience with super good people.

doug

you'll do fine. Looking forward to meeting you both.

KevinA

...just bring what you have and if you need anything someone will help you out.

*sigh*

Thanks, Gage, but I'll have my trailer up there... I've put a bunch of effort into it and wouldn't want to be there much without it. Although, in a pinch, I'd cram everything into the car and drag the load up there that way.

:lol:

All of you have made me feel better. Was I whining? Not good form, I suppose, but... as I said, I just wanted to put it out there...

The pic that Bledsoe just posted says it all, really. :lol: :applause:

Git-R-done and git it on the road. As long as I make it up there with some chow in store and some protective clothing if needed for chilly north coast weather, we'll be fine.

We have three 200A lanterns and we have the lot of you. :lady: Really, what more could we need?

:campfire:

Nothing.

Except there'll be much more... and I'm sure we'll both be more than pleasantly surprised.

I'm also going to try to get a Derby entry going...

:twisted:

"There is something about these little trailers that brings out the best in people." - BigAl, Scotland, 2010

"Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into the trees...
The winds will blow their own freshness into you and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away like autumn leaves..." - John Muir, 1898

Chris Squier / teardrop_focus :-)~
teardrop_focus
Donating Member

Re: IRG 3.0.....

Postby Kevin A » Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:10 pm

Gage wrote:
doug hodder wrote: ...someone will be more than willing to help, or loan whatever you need. Doug
Heck, maybe even Kevin will have a teardrop he would loan for the weekend. :)

Nope, Sorry that one's already loaned out for the weekend.
"Follow me, I'm right behind you"

ImageImage
Kevin A
The other guy

Postby martha24 » Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:54 am

teardrop_focus wrote: We have three 200A lanterns and we have the lot of you. :lady: Really, what more could we need?

A mattress & warm blankets in your TD!

Usually there are people who have extra food, if you have a plate & fork. ... but you're on your own as to what you sleep in. :R :lol:

That's one of the best things about camping in a TD, open the door and crawl into bed. Before our TD we only tented camped. Not the same at all. :lol:
Martha ;)

martha24
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Gage » Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:12 am

I have a fork. :lol:

Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby S. Heisley » Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:18 pm

Just come, Chris. You really shouldn't miss it. A lot of people are looking forward to meeting you. If you have to sleep in a tent, so be it. That's my philosophy. Give a holler if you need anything and somebody that's going to be at IRG probably has an extra 'whatever' that they can bring. There are places that rent teardrops and camping gear, also.
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby S. Heisley » Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:20 pm

Gage wrote:
I have a fork.

Off the subject a bit, but, Gage, what's that tool between the two can openers? Is it a jar opener of some sort?
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby teardrop_focus » Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:35 pm

^ Looks like a wine opener; a cork remover that's not a screw... There're two slightly-bent prongs that slip down alongside the cork then when the device is twisted and pulled, the cork comes right along with it. I was a watier once...

8)

Wine Opener

You really shouldn't miss it.

Thanks, Sharon. I'm beginning to regret opening my mouth... but the beauty of a forum such as this is that one can choose how personal they wish to get... and I feel that being honest about one's level of preparedness is a far cry better than going into a 5-day camping trip unprepared but blindly boasting that "we'll be alright" .

...I was anxious over the feeling of being in control... of being able to take care of my wife and I while "roughing it" deep in the woods.

Then Doug reminded me that there's a store just 5 miles away...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

So, there you go. You've heard the musings of a no0b. I'm fairly certain that after Day 2 I'll feel like I'd done it a hundred times. Anything that I find interesting that I do for the first time makes me nervous... 'cause I'd like to do it well...

:dancing
Last edited by teardrop_focus on Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"There is something about these little trailers that brings out the best in people." - BigAl, Scotland, 2010

"Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into the trees...
The winds will blow their own freshness into you and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away like autumn leaves..." - John Muir, 1898

teardrop_focus
Donating Member

Postby S. Heisley » Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:39 pm

Thanks, Chris. :thumbsup:
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby teardrop_focus » Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:45 pm

Yer welcome!

:relaxing:

teardrop_focus
Donating Member

Postby Dean in Eureka, CA » Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:37 pm

We just got home from a Father's Day weekend event with FDOS at Swimmer's Delight. which is Pamplin Grove's sister campground.
A note to all... The river has a nice amount of water in it. Ranger Pat told me the last time the river had this amount of water in it during Father's Day was 15 years ago, so... Those who've been to all the Redwood events, you've never seen the water flow in the river this plentiful.
Those with kayaks may consider bringing them to play with in the river.
We have enough video footage from the dutch oven cooking to put at least 4 different videos together. :twisted:
Dean in Eureka, CA
The Fogcrawler

Postby jhb » Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:35 pm

Teardrop Focus: First off, there will be 250 dorks there. I'm known for wearing shorts, Ugs, and an Elmer Fudd hat while it's snowing. Then there is Doug. One time he wore jeans and nobody recognised him. :lol:

But as far as unfinished builds, I think Ron D. takes the cake. He came out to the Los Osos gather with a box and 2 wheels. No doors, galley, or anything, just big openings. He left the following day (Ron lives here in Los Osos) and came back that evening, he had a door, but instead of a window, he had what someone called a gun site. Since then Ron put a window in it, and of course, we all miss the gun site. I for one am looking forward to seeing Ron's continued progress, and will get the chance since he's signed up.

There is, however, one thing you can do wrong at IRG, and that is to not show up. Looking forward to meeting you!

Heading out in the morning for three weeks of camping before IRG. See you all there!
John B.
I'd rather be camping.
jhb
Gold Donating Member

Postby doug hodder » Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:15 pm

Now is the time for all good teardroppers to build their racers....If you've watched the videos...it's not so much a competition, as it is fun and razzing each other! Hoping that many of you build something and can participate....Don't worry on whether or not it's high tech....you can do just fine with some wooden wheels from a hobby store and a modified chunk of wood...Doug
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Postby jhb » Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:39 pm

Doug, can I enter my bird house? :roll:
John B.
I'd rather be camping.
jhb
Gold Donating Member

Postby doug hodder » Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:49 pm

As long as it fits the rules....no problem. Doug
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug