Gearing Up For IRG3.0...

That area of Southern Oregon and Northern California. (Ask Dean!) Includes Jefferson State Tearjerkers

Postby teardrop_focus » Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:32 pm

martha24

:woohoo:

My sentiments exactly, milady... Image

*bows*

I was wondering when I'd commit to going to IRG... a little (okay, big) birdie suggested I check it out...

Thanks Dean and Joanie for your hard work, perserverance and dedication in bringing us all the latest info, dealing w/ websites and servers and for reserving the Grove yet again (I've read through both IRG threads... you guys are amazing...)

I am at work, in my truck cab and on my laptop w/ no printer... I'll print the registration form tonight and mail 'er in
on the morrow! (w/ a cheque and a SASE...)

And I may just have to build a model of my planned TD for the Derby...

:thinking:

Very much looking forward to camping with all of you in one of the most incredible places on earth.

:campfire:

"There is something about these little trailers that brings out the best in people." - BigAl, Scotland, 2010

"Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into the trees...
The winds will blow their own freshness into you and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away like autumn leaves..." - John Muir, 1898

Chris Squier / teardrop_focus :-)~
teardrop_focus
Donating Member

reg

Postby tjx » Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:58 pm

Just got the official confirmation for vacation today.... :applause:

the check and SASE will be in the mail tomorrow! :thumbsup:

thanks,
Tina and Jerry
tjx
Teardrop Master

Birding IRG 3.0

Postby Blumie » Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:48 pm

We are excited to be heading for our first IRG next summer! After gazing at so many teardrops online it will be a treat to meet some owners & builders!

Does anyone have recommendations for camping along Hwy 299 between Redding and the coast?
Blumie
Silver Donating Member

Postby traveler » Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:47 pm

Blumie, I wouldn't get too excited, all you find is some of the nicest people, :thumbsup: best meals you have ever eaten at a campout, :Flippin Burger: and some of the most beautiful land ever, so don't get too excited :lol: just joking, but you will feel like you have known everyone for along time.
See you there
Bruce :)
Why do anything unless it is fun with your teardrop
traveler
The 300 Club

Postby Blumie » Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:20 pm

Traveler,

I feel like I know some of you a little bit already via all these web posts, but I also look forward to really meeting everyone. I'm already practicing dropping my jaw for all the gawking I anticipate when I see some of these TDs and camp arrangements with my own eyes! Part of my interest is aesthetic appreciation, but I'm also continually looking for ideas for myself. Aren't we all, huh?

As for the DO cooking and baking, I'm thinking fresh peach pie and green chili chicken enchiladas for the potluck.

The reason I ask about good camping sites along 299 is to keep our options open to go most of the way to Pamplin Grove a day or two early. I'll check out the "Local" recommendations that have already been provided on the IRG website, too.

Blumie
Blumie
Silver Donating Member

Postby cherokeegeorge » Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:53 pm

Check out a campground called Hell's Gate. :thumbsup:
George

For info on hitch covers
Teardrophitchcovers.com
cherokeegeorge
A Merkin Indian

Postby Dean in Eureka, CA » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:09 am

Hell Gate is on 36... There are a handfull of campgrounds between Redding and Willow Creek and two just West of Willow Creek.
My favorite... The farthest one West of Willow Creek is called East Fork. It's a very very small campground for small travel trailers and RVs.... Like just a handfull or so.
I don't think it's manned and it's first come first serve.
Hell Gate would be a good one if you came across 36, but you gotta like tight windy roads if you take 36... At least west of Ruth Lake. It's not a bad road East of Ruth Lake.
Dean in Eureka, CA
The Fogcrawler

Postby cherokeegeorge » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:07 am

thanks Dean, I stand corrected :oops: . :oops: but its a beautiful place.
George

For info on hitch covers
Teardrophitchcovers.com
cherokeegeorge
A Merkin Indian

IRG 3.0

Postby danlott » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:46 pm

Check and SASE are in the mail.

Dan, Angie, Joshua ( 8 ) and Vanessa ( 3 )
Hoplite Traveler Build thread
Image Image
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.
danlott
Donating Member

Postby Dean in Eureka, CA » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:00 am

Registration surpassed the halfway point on capacity today...
Dean in Eureka, CA
The Fogcrawler

registration past the half-full point

Postby Blumie » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:32 am

We all wanna come to your party, Dean!
Blumie
Silver Donating Member

Postby Ron Dickey » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:02 am

Dean in Eureka, CA wrote:Hell Gate is on 36... There are a handfull of campgrounds between Redding and Willow Creek and two just West of Willow Creek.
My favorite... The farthest one West of Willow Creek is called East Fork. It's a very very small campground for small travel trailers and RVs.... Like just a handfull or so.
I don't think it's manned and it's first come first serve.
Hell Gate would be a good one if you came across 36, but you gotta like tight windy roads if you take 36... At least west of Ruth Lake. It's not a bad road East of Ruth Lake.

One of my bosses at work Forrest Glen is his first and middle name he was named after Forrest Glen on hwy 36 and said it is a verry bendy road and you have to like that sort of road to drive it. He drives a Jeep Charraki 4x and did not recomment I try and find that station.

Pull a trailer could be even harder. but others from there might know different. Just telling you what I heard.

Ron :thumbsup:
Inside almost done--Trolly top has opening windows & roof.doors need assembling--pictured above waley windows..galley 1/3 done
Cross Bow in Build Journals....http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=54108
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

Postby Dean in Eureka, CA » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:12 am

Several folks that have been to past IRG events did head West on 36 to get to the event.
Myself... If I lived in Red Bluff or close to it, I would too, but coming from the valley, I'd either cut across on 20 to 101 or take 299 ALL the way to 101.
Here's a link to our Maps page.
Something new for this year... Mapquest now has a link right to Pamplin Grove. (You can check mileage from your front door with it)
Dean in Eureka, CA
The Fogcrawler

Postby Mark72 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:26 pm

Total Travel Estimate: 36 hours 58 minutes / 2425.75 miles Fuel Cost: $267.71 at 25 MPG :thinking:

Round trip Count on $600.00 for fuel..Would be a $1000.00 trip. :(

Mark
ImageImage
Mark72
Donating Member

Mark72

Postby The Teardrop Nanny » Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:28 pm

So, Mark, does that mean you are still coming???

:R

I DO NOT RECOMMEND you take Highway 36 to Pamplin Grove if you are towing and coming from the Mid-west or East Coast. Those of you coming from Utah, Nevada, etc. should really consider the route Dean suggested instead. At the last IRG one of the parties arrived after traveling that way (coming west on Hwy 36) . They would of arrived sooner but " had to keep stopping so our passengers could throw up outside the vehicle" and that's a quote from one of them.
TDN
Life's uncertain...eat dessert first. Check out our cooking channel for cast iron:
www.youtube.com/outdoorcastironcook Dean & Joanie, your hosts
The Teardrop Nanny
Teardrop Muse

PreviousNext

Return to Jefferson State