Time to vie for Pamplin Grove...

That area of Southern Oregon and Northern California. (Ask Dean!) Includes Jefferson State Tearjerkers

Postby doug hodder » Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:07 pm

At that price...well, you can't beat that! 1/2 the price of a night in a USFS campground and you don't have to deal with the "drive through" types that aren't part of the group. If you don't know anyone prior to showing up...don't worry....you'll know plenty when it's over. Been up there for the 3 IRG's and 2 planning trips....always been a great time. Camping in old growth redwoods...not too many campers in the world get the chance to do that!

Thanks to you all that will be doing the "campout". It's greatly appreciated by all us IRG attendees and while I won't be there...I will be in spirit. Doug
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Postby Dean in Eureka, CA » Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:43 pm

I'm officially homeless, living in a parking lot for the next week...
Dean in Eureka, CA
The Fogcrawler

Postby doug hodder » Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:13 am

Why....wouldn't Joanie let you borrow her tear?.... :lol: :lol: Doug
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

1st day shift done...9 hrs.

Postby The Teardrop Nanny » Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:50 am

Quick hello to give you a :thumbsup: for first day down. Things looking good for the last weekend of July, but nothing is official until after TUESDAY. Since we are so early and business continues AS USUAL through the week at DPW, the TD will come down tomorrow or Friday.
It's such an attention grabber, ya now! :lol: ttfn
Life's uncertain...eat dessert first. Check out our cooking channel for cast iron:
www.youtube.com/outdoorcastironcook Dean & Joanie, your hosts
The Teardrop Nanny
Teardrop Muse

Postby asianflava » Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:23 am

I'm pretty sure I'll be coming this year. Found out (via Facebook) that I have a cousin that lives in Eureka. Haven't seen her in a long time. Mel, not so sure, not enough vacation time.
asianflava
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Kevin A » Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:38 am

Dean in Eureka, CA wrote:I'm officially homeless, living in a parking lot for the next week...

"Follow me, I'm right behind you"

ImageImage
Kevin A
The other guy

Postby Dean in Eureka, CA » Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:29 am

Ughhh... Thanks Buddy 'Ol Pal.
I do feel like I look in that old picture, next to my glass truck... When I had a glass truck.
Can't sleep, shoulder hurts bad...

Doug, we didn't think we'd be down here this early, will bring Joanie's tear down later.
Dean in Eureka, CA
The Fogcrawler

Postby doug hodder » Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:28 am

So where are you in line? :thinking:
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Postby jhb » Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:29 am

Keven: What are friends for... :lol:

Oooh, last weekend? Grand baby should be here by then. :worship:
John B.
I'd rather be camping.
jhb
Gold Donating Member

Postby TENNJIM » Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:14 pm

A huge thank you to all of you for pulling the IRG plans together. It is a considerable effort and we will be thinking of you. Sheryl and I will both be retired by the time of the gathering. We hope to be in there on one of the early days, maybe even camp nearby prior to that time.
8)
Jim B / Utah
Most People Seem Normal Until You Really Get To Know Them!
Never mind what people say, I think those Saguaros are shooting us the finger!
72.68% Of All Statistics Are Made Up!
TENNJIM
Palladium Donating Member

Postby dguff » Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:02 pm

I went down and visited with Joanie for a few minutes today. She and Dean are on site at the Public Works Office and are high on the waiting list. They are the first who want the last weekend in July so unless something really unusual happens it should be confirmed on Tuesday the 3rd of January. There are several others on the list who are annual regulars and lots of the line folks are acquainted with one another.

Unfortunately Eureka's near record dry spell for December seems to be coming to an end as we are expecting rain for tonight and tomorrow but it is relatively light.

Dean and Joanie are planning some sea food dishes for New Year's Eve. Kevin is still working this week but was there for a while last night and I will be there from time to time until Tuesday. The offices don't close until 5 pm on Friday so the parking lot where people normally camp is still in regular use. Looking good! :thumbsup:

Jerome
Jerome

2008 Guffman
dguff
Platinum Donating Member

Postby mvperini » Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:31 pm

Unfortunately Eureka's near record dry spell for December seems to be coming to an end as we are expecting rain for tonight and tomorrow but it is relatively light.

We have all your rain and more, we had a dry December one for the record books that was untill it started raining after christmas and is still raining it looks like we are looking at a very wet December :lol: maybe one for the record books

and again a big thanks to every one involved in the camp out to get the July dates for IRG

Mike and Zellie

1947 Kenskill teardrop kamper 4X10>
1951 Boles Areo 16ft Canned Ham>
1956 Roadmaster 20ft> Restored
1959 airstream 18ft restoration complete
1953 Pontiac house car
mvperini
500 Club

Postby S. Heisley » Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:43 pm

On the positive side, even though light rain is coming in, the cloud cover can help keep things warmer and the rain will be gone in time for a nice New Year's celebration while camping out. So, the glass is half full. :thumbsup:

Thanks, Dean, Joannie and everybody who joins them, for all you do.
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Day 2 done - 12 hr.shift

Postby The Teardrop Nanny » Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:47 pm

Yah, what Jerome said...thanks for the thorough update, Jerome. Dean's got the night shift ; some icy hot, and pain reliever plus lack of sleep from the night before should equal a good night of slumber for him. The wheels are in motion for IRG 4.0, and at this point all is a go.

Please be patient if the website isn't up immediately after Tuesday p.m.
We must continue to also live our other parts of life/work/family so time is at a premium at the very beginning of the New Year. And it will be a GREAT IRG 2012, so thanks to all our friends and fellow TDers for their continued encouragement and support.

Joanie
The Teardrop Nanny
itiii

P.S. oh yes, we are "high" on that waiting list to make a reservation #2
Life's uncertain...eat dessert first. Check out our cooking channel for cast iron:
www.youtube.com/outdoorcastironcook Dean & Joanie, your hosts
The Teardrop Nanny
Teardrop Muse

Postby mkitchen » Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:18 pm

Well I am sure impressed with all you folks are doing. It sounds like this is going to be THE event for us. We always plan on two or three things that we want to do during our time off and this next year, the IRG is top of the list. This will be the first time we set something not related to bicycling as tops.

I have heard of your Unknown Coast. I remember specifically avoiding it when I toured down the coast. It sounded like a very scenic ride but I was feeling wimpy and stayed on the normal route. I do remember Ferndale though, we had lunch there on our ride.

I would be interested in hearing about some good rides in the area. Unless I loose weight and get in more training, you would have to clock me with a calender on the Unknown Coast. I would like to get a chance to do some of the route though if there is a part that is doable in that fashion. Now I am going to have to decide what to bring. If Mo gets in more miles, I would like to bring the twice bike. If not then maybe the trikes. Oh well rest assured, we will have something with pedals on it.

I also can't believe that you can do all that you are doing and only charge $50. That really sounds too cheap. Again, thank you all for the effort and time that you are putting in.
Mikey
mkitchen
Teardrop Master

PreviousNext

Return to Jefferson State