Dam Gathering April 29-May 2, 2010

That area of Southern Oregon and Northern California. (Ask Dean!) Includes Jefferson State Tearjerkers

Postby jhb » Tue May 04, 2010 11:13 pm

Ken Fincher wrote:...Tonight (Tues ) We are staying at Morro Bay State Park. I will try to send John a PM to let him know that we are hear.
Ken, Good talking to you on the phone, see you tomorrow!
John B.
I'd rather be camping.
jhb
Gold Donating Member

Postby Gage » Tue May 04, 2010 11:24 pm

Hello Ken, Glad you guys are having a good time. Your a week early. :lol: We're going to be at the Pismo Coast Village on the 13th (next Thursday) for a vintage trailer rally. See you at IRG 3. :thumbsup:

Oh and by the way. You know there is a state beach/park at the south end on Pacific Coast Hwy (Dolliver St.). It's just past Pismo Coast Village.
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Shasts Dam Photos!

Postby cuyeda » Wed May 05, 2010 1:48 am

Why just dance, when you can Salsa!
Cliff & Vanessa
cuyeda
Platinum Donating Member

Re: Gathering Gurus

Postby cuyeda » Wed May 05, 2010 2:36 am

Classic Finn wrote: ...snip...
Ok Joanie Gal, We need proof dat ya was thar :D :D Where B da Pics :lol: :lol:

Cliff & Vanessa
cuyeda
Platinum Donating Member

Pictures?? Sure!

Postby The Teardrop Nanny » Wed May 05, 2010 5:13 pm

8) Not only do we have pictures.......the Rachel Ray and Bobby Flay of Outdoor Cast Iron Cooking (aka Fogcrawler & Teardrop Nanny) are on your friendly YouTube Channel.

You can find us there making Fogcrawler Pacific Coast Seafood Chowder, as well as previous weeks cooking of..... Humboldt Smokey Cheddar Waffles, CloudMaker Prime Rib, and Humboldt County Fried Chicken.
Tune in for Mother's Day where we will be cooking right in our own BIG
"backyard" (hometown) for my Mama.

TTFN :R
TDN
Life's uncertain...eat dessert first. Check out our cooking channel for cast iron:
www.youtube.com/outdoorcastironcook Dean & Joanie, your hosts
The Teardrop Nanny
Teardrop Muse

Postby Classic Finn » Wed May 05, 2010 5:17 pm

Very Nice Photos. :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: I really enjoy them.

Thank You Cliff for sharing them with us.

Sure wish we could join in on the fun over there. But for now we,ll just have to be thankful for the pics. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Royal Teardrop Society Scandinavian Bureau Chief of Staff

Classic Finn
Midnight Sun Voyager
Midnight Sun Voyager

Postby Ken Fincher » Sat May 08, 2010 7:49 pm

:( Sad to say we made it home Thursday night, the end of the trip always sucks. :(

We did not end up staying in Pismo Wensday as we planed we ended up staying in the Los Padres National forest just south of Pyramid Lake just off of the 5 at a nice Campground, It was nice not to pay the high Calif. State Parks prices to camp.($9.00 with my federal access card) :thumbsup:

All along are trip home we stopped & checked out alot of antique stores & other shops, We did not find to many good deals but Jan did find her a few more bear cookie jars for her collection.

While Jan was checking out a fabric shop in Tehachapi Ca. I was flipping a quick U-turn on a side street so I could pick up Jan and the teardrop passenger side rear tire just barely hit a high curb & the trailer must of been 2 or 3 feet off of the ground & when it hit the ground it bent the passenger side of the axle, It did not bend the spindle or the bake mounts or the drum and the rim & the tire also survived.(Also checked the spindle welds)

With the axle bent the tire had about 3/8 of an inch clearance from hitting the side of the trailer so it took a little longer to get back to Vegas.
I'm just glad the roads the rest of the way home we're not as bumpy as 99% of California's roads.

We had no other problems the rest of the way home other then we we're held up in Barstow for awhile due to there was a wreck wright in front of us at the on & off ramp intersection of the freeway by Mc Donalds.
We could of been like all of the other witnesses & just kept on going, But we stayed to let the police know what happened.

So I will be ordering a new axle, I'm going to go to a bigger axle so I will also have to order heavier springs and a bigger set of brakes due to the the brake drums on my trailer will not fit on the bigger axle.

I guess I should of made Jan walk a little further it would have been alot cheaper.
:roll: No I should have flipped the u-turn alot slower :roll:

:applause: We still had great time. :applause:

We will see alot of you real soon.

Ken & Jan
P.S. I'll try to get some pic's up in the next day or two.
Thanks to the Highways & Byways & our National & State Parks,What a beautiful Country we live in.

( www.VegasTeardrop.com )
Ken Fincher
The 300 Club

Postby doug hodder » Sat May 08, 2010 7:59 pm

I had a good time camping with you both at the Dam ...sorry to hear of your axle situation Ken...get'r fixed for the IRG! Doug
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Postby Ken Fincher » Sat May 08, 2010 8:34 pm

Same back at you. Doug.

If I get the axle ordered Monday it should be here Thurs or Fri.
(It will be coming from Texas.)

It should take about an hour all I'll have to do is weld on the spring mounts onto the new axle & swap out the new heavier springs with old springs, And hook up the electrical.

Unless I run into some sort of unforseen problem, If ya know what I mean.

So hopefully I'll have it all redone by next weekend.

It's nice that I have my rear jacks on my TD, Which will make it alot easier to jack up the whole trailer.
Thanks to the Highways & Byways & our National & State Parks,What a beautiful Country we live in.

Ken Fincher
The 300 Club

Postby Kevin A » Sat May 08, 2010 10:22 pm

Ken,

Sorry to hear about the axle problem. Glad you made it home safely otherwise. Sorry to have missed hooking up with you at Swimmers, had to work that day anyway. Looking forward to camping with ya'all at the IRG. :thumbsup:
"Follow me, I'm right behind you"

ImageImage
Kevin A
The other guy

Postby cuyeda » Sat May 08, 2010 10:47 pm

Bent axle... sorry it happened... I hope you get it swapped out with no problems. As for the trip, it must be nice to roam across the land stopping at any time to have a look around. Nice!

Like Doug said it was nice to have camped near ALL of you. Also a big thank you for all involved with the good eatin', especially Doug. I think he as those waffles down to a science.
Cliff & Vanessa
cuyeda
Platinum Donating Member

Postby doug hodder » Sat May 08, 2010 11:27 pm

Thanks Cliff...I'll cook you all waffles any time, glad you enjoyed them. We had a great group camping. Seeing your trailer (which is just too cool) got me fired up to finish mine...I'm kinda burned out on it. Doug
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Postby Gage » Sat May 08, 2010 11:42 pm

doug hodder wrote:...I'm kinda burned out on it. Doug

Boy do I know what your talking about. ;)
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Ken Fincher » Mon May 10, 2010 11:48 am

It's about time :lol: my Pictures are now up. :thumbsup:

To see more pictures go to the URL below and then click on the link to my gatherings page.

http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?t=37179

Ken Fincher
The 300 Club

Postby Prem » Thu May 13, 2010 2:03 am

Prem & I are the only ones who truly got to experience just how good that chowder really was.

:yes: :shhh:
My goal...

Gold Donating Member

Previous

Return to Jefferson State