IRG Teardrop Derby....2010

That area of Southern Oregon and Northern California. (Ask Dean!) Includes Jefferson State Tearjerkers

Derby

Postby Carol Reed » Mon May 17, 2010 11:02 pm

Yes, I am working on a creation which I am planning to run. And Sleazy Suzy will be staying home.....

Carol :yes:
FL Carol
2013 Camp-Inn 550 #609
Carol Reed
Teardrop Advisor

Postby jhb » Mon May 17, 2010 11:39 pm

Classic Finn wrote:
doug hodder wrote:Heikki...who is your substitute driver?...don't want to let just anyone get behind the controls. Doug

Well it can be Dougster or Deanster from Califonia ;) ;) Any others from Jefferson State would do also. ;) :thumbsup: Our Sveedish friend Roly can have a drive behind da veel aallsoo. :lol:

Finn, I was in Sundsvll back in 1972 and still have the little painted pony (I'm sure there is a proper name for them) they gave me, Is that close enough to Finland to qualify me to drive the Flying Finn if I bring the pony to IRG? :lol:
John B.
I'd rather be camping.
jhb
Gold Donating Member

Postby Classic Finn » Tue May 18, 2010 2:16 am

Dean in Eureka, CA wrote:
Classic Finn wrote:
doug hodder wrote:Heikki...who is your substitute driver?...don't want to let just anyone get behind the controls. Doug

Well it can be Dougster or Deanster from Califonia ;) ;) Any others from Jefferson State would do also. ;) :thumbsup: Our Sveedish friend Roly can have a drive behind da veel aallsoo. :lol:

I thought The Teardrop Nanny was piloting the Flyin' Finn? :thinking:

Dean I,ll give you the power of attorney to appoint a driver. Since Im sooo far away from it all. Is it customized yet? :lol:

I dont want a wrench under the chassis this year :rofl: :rofl:

If the Teardrop Nanny wants to pilot the Flyin Finn be our guest :thumbsup:
Last edited by Classic Finn on Tue May 18, 2010 2:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Royal Teardrop Society Scandinavian Bureau Chief of Staff

Classic Finn
Midnight Sun Voyager
Midnight Sun Voyager

Postby Classic Finn » Tue May 18, 2010 2:19 am

jhb wrote:
Classic Finn wrote:

Finn, I was in Sundsvll back in 1972 and still have the little painted pony (I'm sure there is a proper name for them) they gave me, Is that close enough to Finland to qualify me to drive the Flying Finn if I bring the pony to IRG? :lol:

Sundsvall? Thats just on the otherside from us. When you coming back here again? Little painted pony? Do you have pics of it? From that I can most likely tell you the name of it. :) :)

Classic Finn
Midnight Sun Voyager
Midnight Sun Voyager

Postby jhb » Wed May 19, 2010 11:44 pm

Classic Finn wrote:Sundsvall? Thats just on the otherside from us. When you coming back here again? Little painted pony? Do you have pics of it? From that I can most likely tell you the name of it. :) :)

Hi Finn,

Would love to get over to your side of the pond, just need some pontoons for the Tear and an outboard. (across the North Sea, yea, that would be fun...)

Picture of the pony is here: http://picasaweb.google.com/jhbonnett/M ... 9074866162
John B.
I'd rather be camping.
jhb
Gold Donating Member

Postby Classic Finn » Thu May 20, 2010 4:36 am

jhb wrote:
Classic Finn wrote:Sundsvall? Thats just on the otherside from us. When you coming back here again? Little painted pony? Do you have pics of it? From that I can most likely tell you the name of it. :) :)

Hi Finn,

Would love to get over to your side of the pond, just need some pontoons for the Tear and an outboard. (across the North Sea, yea, that would be fun...)

Picture of the pony is here: http://picasaweb.google.com/jhbonnett/M ... 9074866162

Thats the "Dalarna Hästen" which is about the most well known souvenir from Sweden.

The trip from Sundsvall to Vaasa, Finland is only a 4 hour ship voyage or so and from Vaasa to our home is about another 3 or 4 hour drive. ;)

Anytime you have a chance to get over this way you certainly are welcome. ;)

Classic Finn
Midnight Sun Voyager
Midnight Sun Voyager

The Finnster

Postby The Teardrop Nanny » Thu May 20, 2010 9:16 pm

8) Finn,
You've got nothing to fear.....Your Teardrop Derby Nanny is here!!

Folks, please post your intentions so Doug & Lee can get a decent TD Derby count. For those who saw it last time, or have watched the video, you know it was a BLAST!!! The race track is a bundle to haul and set up, so let them know on this page (or via a PM to them) that you really ARE going to have one built and race it.

Last time the 5 Wide Members got it together and built one right on site to race. Way To Go>>>>>>>>>>However, as Lee pointed out about the track....he'd like to have a fair showing of people (All in favor PM, "aye") to haul it out for a rebuild. And remember, Derby Racers can earn raffle tickets just by entering. You don't even have to win to get a ticket(s)!!
Now, how's that for incentive?? :lol:

TTFN, Nanny xoxox :dancing
Life's uncertain...eat dessert first. Check out our cooking channel for cast iron:
www.youtube.com/outdoorcastironcook Dean & Joanie, your hosts
The Teardrop Nanny
Teardrop Muse

Re: The Finnster

Postby doug hodder » Thu May 20, 2010 10:31 pm

The Teardrop Nanny wrote: You don't even have to win to get a ticket(s)!!

That's the main thing, it's for fun only!!! You don't have to put a ton of effort/money into it. Thing is...even the fastest ones may run afoul of a track issue. It's all for fun, and the more goofy ones are the most fun. If you are thinking about titanium, lots of engineering, wind tunnel testing...etc...you may be sadly disappointed. You could be beat out by a poorly thought out, quickly assembled thing on wooden wheels...I've seen it happen.

But hey you guys!!!! I don't have time!!! Well....I'm sure everyone can come up with enough time to put something together before the IRG. Several people put together a couple of racers in '08. It ain't rocket science! What we found last time, is that once there...some people, perhaps feeling left out, decided that they wanted to participate and had to build on site. Few tools/materials available at that point. I built 3 last time, a couple of loaners and didn't have more than 4$ into any one. So in the words of Adidas...."just do it". :thumbsup: Doug
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Re: The Finnster

Postby Classic Finn » Fri May 21, 2010 3:50 pm

The Teardrop Nanny wrote:8) Finn,
You've got nothing to fear.....Your Teardrop Derby Nanny is here!!

Folks, please post your intentions so Doug & Lee can get a decent TD Derby count. For those who saw it last time, or have watched the video, you know it was a BLAST!!! The race track is a bundle to haul and set up, so let them know on this page (or via a PM to them) that you really ARE going to have one built and race it.

Last time the 5 Wide Members got it together and built one right on site to race. Way To Go>>>>>>>>>>However, as Lee pointed out about the track....he'd like to have a fair showing of people (All in favor PM, "aye") to haul it out for a rebuild. And remember, Derby Racers can earn raffle tickets just by entering. You don't even have to win to get a ticket(s)!!
Now, how's that for incentive?? :lol:

TTFN, Nanny xoxox :dancing

Ohhh Yeahhhhhhhhh. :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: Sure enjoyed watching the last videos even though were so far awau from it all. Fun and good laughs. :applause: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Its nice that we can still somehow participate. :thumbsup: :D

Classic Finn
Midnight Sun Voyager
Midnight Sun Voyager

Postby Rob » Fri May 21, 2010 4:28 pm

Heikki--

Don't worry. You will be there in spirit. :campfire: 8)
Rob
:wine:

:peace:
Rob
500 Club

Postby Wolfgang92025 » Fri May 21, 2010 11:03 pm

count me in. :thumbsup:

Wolfgang

Only 54 till IRG III
Wolfgang

Wolfgang92025
Lifetime member

Postby Lazybones » Sat May 22, 2010 12:15 pm

It sounds like there is enough interest. I will repair and bring the track,BUT; If everyone runs off for the rubber ducky race I will be pissed. :)
Is it true? Is it necessary? Is it kind? Ask yourself these simple questions every time you are in doubt about any action.
Lazybones
500 Club

Postby Prem » Tue May 25, 2010 2:27 am

TD Nanny wrote:

Folks, please post your intentions so Doug & Lee can get a decent TD Derby count.

Please count me in on the TD Derby.

Prem :thumbsup:
My goal...

Gold Donating Member

Postby dguff » Tue May 25, 2010 10:05 am

Lee,

I count about 15 racers from this thread. Surely there will be more. Thanks for your efforts to build and repair the track. Is there anything about the track/race I can do from here? :thumbsup:

Jerome
Jerome

2008 Guffman
dguff
Platinum Donating Member

Postby doug hodder » Tue May 25, 2010 11:53 am

We are going to need some people to draw up/fill in the ladder board as the races go on, but that can't be done till probably the day of the race as I'm sure we won't have a real accurate count on participants till then. Doug
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

PreviousNext

Return to Jefferson State