Coleman display idea at IRG.....

That area of Southern Oregon and Northern California. (Ask Dean!) Includes Jefferson State Tearjerkers

Coleman display idea at IRG.....

Postby doug hodder » Fri May 21, 2010 12:19 am

Since there are a fair number of us attending the IRG that have or have recently acquired....(Chris) gas pressure lanterns/stoves....what about maybe putting a display of some of it together? Several of us have items that are nearly 90 years old and between all of us, I'm sure that we could come up with a time line of equipment that would be of interest to many. Just set up a couple of tables with them on display. Whether or not someone wants to fire it up is up to them, but at least maybe put a card that explains what year, manufacturer, and model it is. For some of us...they are daily users. Might be a fun thing to do....I know that at a previous gathering last year...many of us spend hours BS'ing about them and staring at stark white light or the blue flame of a stove. Just an idea. Doug
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Postby teardrop_focus » Fri May 21, 2010 1:46 am

Since there are a fair number of us attending the IRG that have or have recently acquired gas pressure lanterns/stoves....what about maybe putting a display of some of it together?

I'd like to do that. :thumbsup:

Several of us have items that are nearly 90 years old and between all of us, I'm sure that we could come up with a time line of equipment that would be of interest to many. Just set up a couple of tables with them on display. Whether or not someone wants to fire it up is up to them, but at least maybe put a card that explains what year, manufacturer, and model it is. For some of us...they are daily users.

The quantity and variety would be very edumacational!

:thinking:

Might be a fun thing to do....I know that at a previous gathering last year...many of us spend hours BS'ing about them and staring at stark white light or the blue flame of a stove.

I have no idea what you're talking about. :D Why, I was just outside, overhaulin' my third 200A I acquired two days ago... the one sitting in the middle, here.

A wise man, one part Cherokee, once said...

cherokeegeorge
What say we light up that meadow like a bon fire :twisted:

doug hodder

Kinda reminds me of sitting up at Wolf Creek...late at night a group of old "gas heads" staring at a bunch of lanterns running and BS'ing about them...Jeez...we need to get a life huh? :lol:

cherokeegeorge

This is exactly the life I want. I was out in the garage tonite rebuilding my speedmaster 500.
Hanging out in the woods staring at lanterns and eating Kevins cookies. it dosn't get any better :thumbsup:

"There is something about these little trailers that brings out the best in people." - BigAl, Scotland, 2010

"Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into the trees...
The winds will blow their own freshness into you and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away like autumn leaves..." - John Muir, 1898

Chris Squier / teardrop_focus :-)~
teardrop_focus
Donating Member

Postby Gage » Fri May 21, 2010 2:47 am

I have a couple Coleman Lantern's. One belonged to my grandfather (maybe 40's) and one that my dad had (maybe 50's). I carry them around with me in the Dalton. :thinking:
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby cherokeegeorge » Fri May 21, 2010 7:05 am

lantern fest 2010 :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
George

For info on hitch covers
Teardrophitchcovers.com
cherokeegeorge
A Merkin Indian

Postby bc toys » Fri May 21, 2010 8:26 am

I would love to see a table full of coleman stoves and lanterns :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
bc toys
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby asianflava » Fri May 21, 2010 1:36 pm

I'm starting to see a pattern here:

IRG1 = Dutch Oven fest
IRG2 = Waffle iron fest
IRG3 = Coleman fest

:lol: :lol: :lol:
asianflava
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby cherokeegeorge » Fri May 21, 2010 6:25 pm

IRG 4..what ever Dougs into in 2011 :thinking:
George

For info on hitch covers
Teardrophitchcovers.com
cherokeegeorge
A Merkin Indian

Postby Kevin A » Fri May 21, 2010 7:48 pm

cherokeegeorge wrote:IRG 4..what ever Dougs into in 2011 :thinking:
Might wanna make that 2012, :thinking: :roll: :lol:
"Follow me, I'm right behind you"

ImageImage
Kevin A
The other guy

Postby cherokeegeorge » Sat May 22, 2010 9:04 am

what ever Dougs into in 2011 is what were into at the IRG a year later. He's such a trend setter 8) . Hell, I'll be wearing chef pants at the IRG this year :thumbsup:
George

For info on hitch covers
Teardrophitchcovers.com
cherokeegeorge
A Merkin Indian

Postby Kevin A » Sat May 22, 2010 10:36 am

cherokeegeorge wrote:what ever Dougs into in 2011 is what were into at the IRG a year later. He's such a trend setter 8) . Hell, I'll be wearing chef pants at the IRG this year :thumbsup:
ahhhh, I'm slow sometimes. :oops: :? :lol:

ImageImage
Kevin A
The other guy

Colemen Cache

Postby The Teardrop Nanny » Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:21 am

8) Yah, I just brought home about 5 of our lanterns that have been used throughout my family's camping lifetime. I gave a few of them to Dean, kept my Coleman Carry Case one (was a graduation gift....this lantern will turn 35 this summer) and the Coleman Spotster Stove (502-700 green) still in its original box. We used to camp and hunt a lot in very remote spots and I remember how trusty these items were. I can't remember what Dean culled out, but he was ooohing and aahhing about them at the time.

Also, the next trend could be.....drum roll......coffee grinder ....or waffle dog!

TDN :R
Life's uncertain...eat dessert first. Check out our cooking channel for cast iron:
www.youtube.com/outdoorcastironcook Dean & Joanie, your hosts
The Teardrop Nanny
Teardrop Muse

Postby Dean in Eureka, CA » Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:32 am

'Twas a 242C... :eyebrows:
I'm thinkin' Doug will take the Chef Pants in a new direction... Loud Aprons!!!
Yaa... I could dig it. 8)
Hey... A Lantern Fest sounds cool!!! :thumbsup:
150 old Colemans going at once... The Spotted Owls won't like it though... :lol:
Line 'em up from the gate to the cookshack along the road after dark...
Would make for some awesome nightime pics of the old growth lit up from underneath. :twisted:
Dean in Eureka, CA
The Fogcrawler

Postby Kevin A » Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:38 am

Dean in Eureka, CA wrote:'Twas a 242C... :eyebrows:
I'm thinkin' Doug will take the Chef Pants in a new direction... Loud Aprons!!!
Yaa... I could dig it. 8)
Hey... A Lantern Fest sounds cool!!! :thumbsup:
150 old Colemans going at once... The Spotted Owls won't like it though... :lol:
Line 'em up from the gate to the cookshack along the road after dark...
Would make for some awesome nightime pics of the old growth lit up from underneath. :twisted:

We don't need no stinkin solar lights on the stairway..... :thinking: :thumbsup:

ImageImage
Kevin A
The other guy

Postby doug hodder » Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:27 am

Dean in Eureka, CA wrote:I'm thinkin' Doug will take the Chef Pants in a new direction... Loud Aprons!!!

Already got that going Dean....I'll preview the new one next week, fits the new trailer to a T....going camping now! Will get shots of it in action. Gotta get the 2008 IRG chefs hat out of the dryer. Doug
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Postby bledsoe3 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:05 pm

asianflava wrote:I'm starting to see a pattern here:

IRG1 = Dutch Oven fest
IRG2 = Waffle iron fest
IRG3 = Coleman fest

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Now I have to buy a lantern? $>
If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got.
bledsoe3
3000 Club
3000 Club

Next

Return to Jefferson State