IRG 3.0.....7 days to go people!!!!

That area of Southern Oregon and Northern California. (Ask Dean!) Includes Jefferson State Tearjerkers

IRG 3.0.....7 days to go people!!!!

Postby doug hodder » Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:02 pm

Hey everyone....only like 27 days till the IRG...YEHAWWWW! Doug
Last edited by doug hodder on Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Postby DougH » Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:10 pm

Just got me registration letter with details yesterday :)
Found a great "Pay it fForward" raffle gift recently and Teardrop Racers are all built. Sat morning I'm headed out to visit the Bass Pro Shop in Manteca.

4 weeks and we're camping!
DougH
Teardrop Master

Postby Wolfgang92025 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:24 pm

I can hardly wait. :thumbsup:

Really looking forward to spending a week in the redwoods.

Wolfgang
Wolfgang

Wolfgang92025
Lifetime member

Postby daveleb55 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:23 pm

Our pay it forward raffle item is set. Counting the days. We can't wait. :D
"Get off the #@$% computer and GO CAMPING!"
daveleb55
Teardrop Master

Postby Dean in Eureka, CA » Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:19 am

We're heading out to Swimmer's Delight for our last weekend of camping before the IRG... FDOS is having a Father's Day DOG.
Watch for a new video or two from Outdoor Cast Iron Cooking
May try to sneak over to Pamplin and check things out too...
Dean in Eureka, CA
The Fogcrawler

Re: IRG 3.0.....

Postby teardrop_focus » Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:48 pm

doug hodder

Hey everyone....only like 27 days till the IRG...YEHAWWWW! Doug

Alright. That's it. I gotta come clean... :lol:

Although I and my darling wife (newly wedded May 8, been together over 7 yrs) are indeed registered and looking forward to living in Pamplin Grove for four nights and five days... neither one of us have been camping in years... and, I mean, YEARS. ...and I don't think we'll get the time for a practice run at any local campsites, either.

I'll be prepared for the most part; I've spent long, long hours in the elements in my line of work, so that's not the issue... I'll have some fuel, some fire, some lanterns, some utensils, etc... awning, chairs, table, etc...

It's just that I FEEL like a camping NOVICE and so I'm a little anxious about the whole deal.

I'm posting this because it's reassuring to see someone like Doug who says he's been camping all his life, become increasingly excited at the prospect of attending another IRG.

So why do I remain a little apprehensive? Is it because I don't have the practice working out of my yet-to-be-built teardrop galley? (I'll be dragging a trailer up there; how far along it will be is anyone's guess) Is is because I think I might look like a dork? (well, I guess there's really no helping THAT)

Help me out here; let me know that I'm in good hands w/ 250 others who, too, love the outdoors. Lemme know that there'll be people who're willing to dole out a few pointers.

Overall, I am very excited about being there and looking forward the journey up and back (we get to visit ol' mom and pop along the way)... and I have had some of the best times of my life lately, including pondering and beginning my trailer build.

:thinking:

Thanks! for listening.

:campfire:

"There is something about these little trailers that brings out the best in people." - BigAl, Scotland, 2010

"Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into the trees...
The winds will blow their own freshness into you and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away like autumn leaves..." - John Muir, 1898

Chris Squier / teardrop_focus :-)~
teardrop_focus
Donating Member

Postby TENNJIM » Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:48 pm

Hey Teardrop Focus! "BRING IT ON" You are going to love this Redwoods experience without any worries at all.
8)
Jim B / Utah
Most People Seem Normal Until You Really Get To Know Them!
Never mind what people say, I think those Saguaros are shooting us the finger!
72.68% Of All Statistics Are Made Up!
TENNJIM
Palladium Donating Member

Postby cherokeegeorge » Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:27 pm

Chris, you have nothing to worry about. you will have a great time. :thumbsup: camping is like riding a bike. Well, except for the bears and mosquitos. :roll: Neither of which we will have at the IRG. Your going to be surrounded by good friends.
George

For info on hitch covers
Teardrophitchcovers.com
cherokeegeorge
A Merkin Indian

Postby rainjer » Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:55 pm

Don't worry Chris, just camp near Jerome, he will make you a list of everything you did wrong, just ask Doug. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jeremy
rainjer
King Koleman

Postby teardrop_focus » Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:53 pm

he will make you a list of everything you did wrong...

:lol:

Thanks, fellas.

I think the reason I'm anxious is because I'm anxious about my trailer...

I've quite a bit left to do just to get it legal to haul up there. I've just enough time, too, and I think that's what's gotten my panties in a bunch.

:lol:

I've found pages showing IRG 2.0... and it looks like a fantastic time. I do love being in the evergreens... truly.

http://www.pamplingrove.com/irg2.0promo.html

IRG 2.0 Summer Nats: http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/R0 ... dPXXXWMWsw

:thumbsup:

"There is something about these little trailers that brings out the best in people." - BigAl, Scotland, 2010

"Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into the trees...
The winds will blow their own freshness into you and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away like autumn leaves..." - John Muir, 1898

Chris Squier / teardrop_focus :-)~
teardrop_focus
Donating Member

Postby Steve E » Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:07 pm

Many of us have camped with our trailers in the build stage and gotten enough done just to make it road worthy so not to miss out on a great camp experience with super good people. You will feel right at home and if forget something or need a helping hand you are in good company...
Looking forward to meeting you both..........Steve & Patty
Steve E
Platinum Donating Member

Postby bledsoe3 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:23 pm

Here's a picture of me leaving for the first IRG. Notice the bungie cord holding the hatch down, no finiish on the wood and no fenders.

You'll be fine.
If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got.
bledsoe3
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby doug hodder » Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:25 pm

teardrop_focus wrote:It's just that I FEEL like a camping NOVICE and so I'm a little anxious about the whole deal.

Chris...you'll probably only feel like a novice for about 5 min, until you get to know some people. If you don't have it...someone will be more than willing to help, or loan whatever you need. We're all equal in the woods, some of us just haul more crap than others! The one thing you want to leave at home is all the worries and make sure you pack a sense of humor...you'll do fine. Looking forward to meeting you both. Doug
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Postby Gage » Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:49 pm

doug hodder wrote: ...someone will be more than willing to help, or loan whatever you need. Doug
Heck, maybe even Kevin will have a teardrop he would loan for the weekend. :)
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby Kevin A » Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:50 pm

Hey Chris, see that picture you posted of a trailer at IRG? That's my trailer. Didya notice that big open space as you look into the rear of it?
Yup, it still has no galley 5 years after I started building it. It's been to IRG 1&2 in that condition and it's soon heading for IRG 3 :thumbsup: :lol: :lol:
As Doug said, just bring what you have and if you need anything someone will help you out.
"Follow me, I'm right behind you"

ImageImage
Kevin A
The other guy

Next

Return to Jefferson State