IRG Mission Aborted - One Too Many Glitches, Not Enough Time

That area of Southern Oregon and Northern California. (Ask Dean!) Includes Jefferson State Tearjerkers

IRG Mission Aborted - One Too Many Glitches, Not Enough Time

Postby teardrop_focus » Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:52 am

My original post title said Delayed Departure for Carlotta - But We Will Be There!, but, sadly, we have had to abort. There's not enough time to fix the lastest gremlin discovered on a quick road test last night then make the 14-hour trip. Needless to say, we are both CRUSHED...

Delayed Departure for Carlotta - But We Will Be There!

We had hoped to leave soutthern California today, but still have much to do.

We will leave Thurday and arrive Thurs evening or Fri. We realize that no one's online at the Grove, but we're posting this in hopes that Dean or Joanie gets this message before there's any concern over our actually makiing it vs any waiting list.

Thanks!

- Chris and Tanya

Pics of whatever progress made on the IRG wagon/half teardrop can be seen on Page 7 of it's Build Thread.
Last edited by teardrop_focus on Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"There is something about these little trailers that brings out the best in people." - BigAl, Scotland, 2010

"Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into the trees...
The winds will blow their own freshness into you and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away like autumn leaves..." - John Muir, 1898

Chris Squier / teardrop_focus :-)~
teardrop_focus
Donating Member

Postby bledsoe3 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:04 am

I think in past years Dean had gone back to his house and checked in on the forum. If I remember (fat chance of me remembering anything) I'll let them know. I'm leaving in three hours.
If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got.
bledsoe3
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby teardrop_focus » Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:13 am

Thank you! ...and thanks for your post a couple of weeks ago in reply to my concerns about have an unfinished trailer!

:thumbsup:

Looking forward to meeting you!

:shake hands:

Alrightythen... back outside to trailer wiring fun!

:?

"There is something about these little trailers that brings out the best in people." - BigAl, Scotland, 2010

"Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into the trees...
The winds will blow their own freshness into you and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away like autumn leaves..." - John Muir, 1898

Chris Squier / teardrop_focus :-)~
teardrop_focus
Donating Member

Postby bledsoe3 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:28 am

Look for me. I'm the one with the unfinished trailer.
If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got.
bledsoe3
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby S. Heisley » Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:59 pm

You're not alone. I won't be there today, either, Chris, and I'll be packing a tent, not MyAway. I think the main reason they ask when you'll be there is so they can have your registration packet ready for you, in the proper grouping. After all, with 250 people registering, it could get rather hectic at times.
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby Dean in Eureka, CA » Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:13 am

Howdy All,
Yeap... Just made a run into town to pick up a few things and check on the animals.
A very incredible event so far, with some pretty awesome surprise visits.
1. Ended up going out there on Monday instead of Tuesday as planned, because they switched the gate combo earlier than planned to move early-early birders over from SD to the grove. As of Monday there were about 100 folks already enjoying Pamplin Grove the day before Early Bird set-up happened.
2. We got a surprize visit from a couple of Tennessee Tearjerkers this morning. They weren't able to tow out to the event, but decided to fly to SF, rent a car and drive up for the day.
3. Two Model-A's showed up this afternoon with very interesting trailers in tow. They are from Kentucky and are touring the US. They're spending the night with us tonight, before heading back on the road tomorrow.
4. So far we're up to 17 states and I've been told that it's very likely that we may be getting a visit from our friend Troy & his lovely family from Thialand. (IRG1.0 attendees)
5. The weather, although a bit warmer than this Fogcrawler prefers, has been fabulous for all in attendance... Got up to over 90F in the shade at the meadow today and down at the river. I pretty much stayed tucked in the shade of the big trees, where it stays at least 20 degrees cooler. (Thank God)
The river is perfect, best it's been in over 15 years...
6. Have met many new friends and it's been awesome getting to spend time again with old friends. (My assignment this time is to visit with everyone, so no cooking for me, except the pit barbeque tomorrow)
7. Although all original dutch oven demo folks had to cancel, we've got great volunteer replacements. Ruth and Larry from our local group (Mrs. President and the First Man... AKA Sweating Eagle came out this morning and did a wonderful apple fritter demo. Dave & Kathleen are doing a dessert demo tomorrow featuring sugar free cooking and Cliff is going to be doing demo of his own too and both have agreed to let Outdoor Cast Iron Cooking do videos of their demos.

Still not sure of how many are in attendance, or how many tears... But I'll tell yaa, it's like Trailer Trash Heaven, when standing out on the meadow. (I waited until the sun went behind the trees and BTW it's nice and foggy here in town right now, it's sure a nice night for star gazing out at Pamplin)
Two party's did have to head back early because of medical emergencies... Hope All Is Going To Be OK.
Still waiting on a few no shows, but you guys get here as soon as you can, because you're missing a real nice family event with a great bunch of folks.
Have a safe trip getting here and pay good attention at the 101-36 intersection... The new overpass is so close to being finished, but I've noticed that each time I use it on my errands, it's been configured differently each time. Sometimes when leaving and wanting to head South on 101, I've had to go North to the next exit to turn around on 101.
Well, I need to get some items here, hit the store and head back out and get some shut eye... Gotta get that pit fire going real early in the morning.
Dean in Eureka, CA
The Fogcrawler

Postby emiller » Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:28 am

:( :cry:
emiller
Donating Member

Postby Pam Wright » Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:03 am

I too am pouting in Colorado!!!!! :( :( :( Brandie and I had so much fun there in 08.... but am anxiously waiting for all reports and pictures!!!! :roll: :roll: :roll:

If anyone there reads this before it's all over..... tell everybody hi! and wish I could be there too!

pam
Rocky Mountain TearJerkers
Director

"Be well, Be safe, Be Happy!"

Image"
Pam Wright
500 Club

Postby Miriam C. » Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:53 pm

Pam Wright wrote:I too am pouting in Colorado!!!!! :( :( :( Brandie and I had so much fun there in 08.... but am anxiously waiting for all reports and pictures!!!! :roll: :roll: :roll:

If anyone there reads this before it's all over..... tell everybody hi! and wish I could be there too!

pam

:thumbsup: +1
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Return to Jefferson State