The 18th Dam Gathering of the Tears, Apr. 28 - May 1, 2011

That area of Southern Oregon and Northern California. (Ask Dean!) Includes Jefferson State Tearjerkers

The 18th Dam Gathering of the Tears, Apr. 28 - May 1, 2011

Postby grant whipp » Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:08 pm

April 28 - May 1, 2011 Lakehead, CALIFORNIA
18th Dam Gathering of the Tears at Antlers RV park & Campgrounds in Lakehead, CA, just 25 miles north of Redding, on the banks of Lake Shasta; our good times with great teardrops & teardroppers just keep rollin’ along! Full details at http://www.teardrops.net/damgathering.html & registration form at http://www.teardrops.net/18thDGreg.html or e-mail [email protected] or call 530-242-6452
UPDATE! Nationally famous ceramics artist (and teardropper) Mary Vandusen will be joining us this year with a selection of Dam Gathering commemorative mugs & cups! Come ready to start or add to your collection! More details on the Gathering Info Page.

CHEERS!

Grant
Last edited by grant whipp on Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Celebrating Retirement after over 32 Years of Building, Promoting, Supporting, Supplying, Living the Lifestyle, and Loving Teardrop Trailers!
"Life Moves a Little Slower When You're On Teardrop Time"
The nature of Life, itself, is change ... "Those who matter, don't mind, and those who mind, don't matter."
grant whipp
Teardrop Manufacturer

Postby Dean in Eureka, CA » Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:03 pm

But... But... The World Series is on Fox. :R
TDN & I will be at the 18th Dam Good Time For Sure!!! :thumbsup:
Dean in Eureka, CA
The Fogcrawler

Postby Reddiver » Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:22 pm

Cool this may be my first if all goes well
Steve
Reddiver
Donating Member

Postby Betsey » Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:20 am

Would love to join you guys...one of these days, we will make it there (after all, we finally made it to the IRG! :thumbsup: ).

Betsey

8)
Betsey
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby grant whipp » Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:53 pm

Betsey wrote:Would love to join you guys...one of these days, we will make it there (after all, we finally made it to the IRG! :thumbsup: )

You're always with us in spirit, Betsey ... :D ... but you know we'll all be a lot happier when you finally do show up in the flesh ... ;) ...!

Take care until the next time, and as always ...

CHEERS!

Grant
Celebrating Retirement after over 32 Years of Building, Promoting, Supporting, Supplying, Living the Lifestyle, and Loving Teardrop Trailers!
The nature of Life, itself, is change ... "Those who matter, don't mind, and those who mind, don't matter."
grant whipp
Teardrop Manufacturer

Postby traveler » Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:56 pm

Application is in the mail. Ebony and I will be there. :lol:
Last edited by traveler on Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Why do anything unless it is fun with your teardrop
traveler
The 300 Club

Postby Kayperkay » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:07 am

Last edited by Kayperkay on Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kay
Director Jefferson State Tearjerkers
Life is Devine Chaos....Embrace it...Forgive yourself......Breathe.....And enjoy the Ride...!!

Image Image Image
Kayperkay
The 300 Club

Postby traveler » Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:21 pm

Now only 64 days left before the one and only!8th Dam Gathering of some of the nicest people and their tear commence. and it keeps getting closer :applause: :twisted: :D
Last edited by traveler on Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Why do anything unless it is fun with your teardrop
traveler
The 300 Club

Postby Farther » Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:06 pm

Just sent in the reservations.
Thanks,
Farther
Farther
Teardrop Inspector

Postby grant whipp » Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:36 pm

UPDATE!

We'll be having a very special guest at this year's Dam Gathering ... Mary Vandusen from Arizona! She's a nationally famous ceramics artist (and teardropper, BTW!) who has become widely known in the Southwest teardrop community for her stunning Teardrop-related and Gathering-specific commemorative ceramic mugs & cups:

She'll have quite a few items with the 18th Dam Gathering inscriptions on them, so if you want to start your collection (or even add to it!) of these fine pieces of very utilitarian artwork (I use mine almost every day!), don't miss this opportunity ... come prepared to purchase one (or several)!

And, Thank You, Mary! for deciding to come to the Dam Gathering this year ... I'm sure you will have a great time ... :thumbsup: ...!

CHEERS!

Grant
grant whipp
Teardrop Manufacturer

I'm there!

Postby sftiggee » Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:46 pm

I need to send in my registration still, but I'll be there. We haven't decided yet if it will be a special Mommy/Son camping trip, or if the whole family is coming. Regardless, some form of the La family will be there with our Raindrop in tow!!!!
Jolene, Luke, Jackson, Lilianne, and Bandit
2006 Camp-Inn Raindrop Ultra
2007 Dodge Magnum RT
sftiggee
Platinum Donating Member

Re: I'm there!

Postby nevadatear » Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:09 pm

sftiggee wrote: Regardless, some form of the La family will be there with our Raindrop in tow!!!!

Love your wood sided raindrop, can't wait to see it in person at the Dam gathering. But I have a question, looking at your map in your gallery, how exactly did your teardrop get from nevada to wyoming without going through either idaho or utah? :D
Debbie (with Randy looking over my shoulder)
Our build thread: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?t=41295&highlight=monstero
2009 Homebuilt woody, Kenskill inspired 5 wide
ImageImage
nevadatear
Silver Donating Member

Re: I'm there!

Postby jhb » Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:19 am

nevadatear wrote:...how exactly did your teardrop get from nevada to wyoming without going through either idaho or utah? :D

Well, one year we got to Wyoming from California without going through Idaho or Utah, went out 40 to Gallup, then up to Cortez, over to Teluride, then Leadville, Estas Park, then to Laramie, and for some reason when we got to Rock Springs the trunk turned north and we found ourselves at the Tetons. :?

Now we did go home through Idaho, and right through Lovelock! :thumbsup:
John B.
I'd rather be camping.
jhb
Gold Donating Member

Postby nevadatear » Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:12 am

Hey John, what a trip! Eventually you had to go through Lovelock. I assume that is when you camped at Rye Patch! Sorry we will be missing you guys at the Dam Gathering, but sounds like you will be on a great trip.
Debbie (with Randy looking over my shoulder)
Our build thread: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?t=41295&highlight=monstero
2009 Homebuilt woody, Kenskill inspired 5 wide
ImageImage
nevadatear
Silver Donating Member

Postby grant whipp » Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:37 pm

Here's a quick note for those of you coming (or planning to come) to the 18th Dam Gathering in just over two weeks ...

... if you are a Dutch Oven cook, we're working on a little fun surprise for the Friday Night Dutch Oven Sampler that we're calling "Cast Iron Chef" ...! So, be prepared to bring your ovens to the campfire circle 'round 6:30 pm to share your newest/favorite dish and have some fun!

CHEERS!

Grant
grant whipp
Teardrop Manufacturer

Next

Return to Jefferson State