Pay It Forward IRG Thank You Thread...

That area of Southern Oregon and Northern California. (Ask Dean!) Includes Jefferson State Tearjerkers

Pay It Forward IRG Thank You Thread...

Postby Dean in Eureka, CA » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:47 pm

Joanie & I would like to extend a heartfelt Thank You to All who contributed to making this year's event so special.
All the gifts you guys brought have really touched us.
I was finally able to loft a GoPro with helium balloons, but not until after everyone had headed home. After watching the video, I believe it happened that way fro a reason... God sure makes beautiful trees.

Please share your pay It forward Thank Yous of what others did for you here in this thread.
Last edited by Dean in Eureka, CA on Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dean in Eureka, CA
The Fogcrawler

Re: Pay It Forward IRG Thank You Thread...

Postby doug hodder » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:00 pm

Dean and Joanie...thanks so much for all the efforts that you put into this event. There is a lot of behind the scenes type stuff that goes into making an event with that many people in attendance a success. Joanie has the organizing well under control. I've camped up there 6 times now and it's always been a fun trip. Great people, great environment, fun times. As far as a teardrop gathering goes....this one is one that really shouldn't be missed! Thanks for all your hard work. Thanks for letting me be a part of it all. Doug
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Postby burlesot » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:17 pm

Deano,
That was beautiful.
I have a Go Pro too; did you use a kite string on the balloon? How many did it take to get that smooth of a flight?

I am putting the IRG on my bucket list; it will be a bit of a haul from Kenosha, WI, but I will be there, at some point!

TB
burlesot
Teardrop Master

Postby S. Heisley » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:19 pm

Thanks to all who made it possible; whether by helping or by simply being there.

Special thanks go to Dean and Joanie and to all those who worked so hard to make this gathering a success.

PS. The underground fire-roasted beef was the best yet! :D

Ehugs to y'all! :goodmorning:
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby Maureenm » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:41 pm

Thanks to Dean and Joanie and the Magic Team for making such a fabulous event an awesome experience for all. I really enjoyed every minute of the time I was there and even though it was 'teardrop time', it flew by much too quickly! I hope to see you all again at 5.0!
One more haiku.....

Sunshine of the night
Hear the soft hiss, feel the heat
Coleman light up! Aaah!

Thanks to all!
Maureen
Maureenm
Donating Member

Postby Dean in Eureka, CA » Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:14 pm

TB,
I tethered it to a fishing pole. It was my first attempt at doing something like this.
Dean in Eureka, CA
The Fogcrawler

Postby dano » Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:47 pm

Thanks to Dean and Joanie, This was so very fun. We got to meet some really nice people and cant wait for the next one.

Dan and Mindy
Morgan Hill Ca.
[email protected]
Morgan Hill Ca.
dano
Donating Member

Postby donn-donna » Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:56 pm

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: Dean, that video is awesome. I agree that it would not have been as beautiful with all our trailers in the way. Thanks to you and Joanie for all the work that I know it takes to put together the IRG and for making it such a special time for everyone. We look forward to #5 in 2014. Hope you two are getting some much deserved rest.
Teardrop hugs from Donna & Donn
donn-donna
Teardrop Builder

Postby jdarkoregon » Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:44 pm

Dean & Joanie, your hard work paid off, and WE were soooooo benifited by it. Thanks to you and your crew who gave until it hurt.

We enjoyed all the people, trailers, events and just the hangin out.

Truly it was a great experience, (not including the pit toilets)

Thanks a bunch, John & Mona :thumbsup: :applause:
Innovation is essential
The world can be better
ImageImage
jdarkoregon
Donating Member

Postby campmaster-k » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:07 am

Many thanks to Dean and Joanie of course. This was my second tear drop gathering. Thank you to all the great people that made us feel welcome and a part of the group. Thanks to Don and Donna for bringing ladder ball. Thanks to Penny for teaching us to play it. Thanks to Jeremy for the cool t-shirt. Thanks to all who tried to force feed us. Thanks to Grant for the cool window I won. Thanks to Doug for the cool pans Mary won. Thank God we did not start white hot Forest fire. Thanks to all who told us stories around the campfire. Thanks to the person who make the turkey chili it was awesome! Thanks to the person that made the fantastic chicken enchilada pie, wow. Thanks to Lee for the cool Coleman stove.
-Kirk

>TnTTT ORIGINAL 200A LANTERN CLUB

>CEO Coleman Recovery Inc.

>Nor Cal Camping Pinewood Racing Team

Build thread -

viewtopic.php?t=45307&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=180

Check out my Pictures -

http://s1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa4 ... 0QQtppZZ24
campmaster-k
Lifetime member

Postby Ron Dickey » Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:43 pm

Thanks for opening that gate for us 96261
to it's beauty 96269 96266
We got to sit back and relax 96262 to your warm welcomes 96264

we not only leaned things about each others trailer but about the RED WOOD TREES too. 96267

and if we got out of hand you just let us play with fire 96268 and have many other types of fun

it is not just for the awards 96270 it is the com-moratory in this warm friendly place.

Through out the years it has gotten bigger and better but it is not just you it is those who have attended your event through out the years.

Thanks to Joanie and Dean and all of you who made the a fun fun event.
Ron and Lucia
Inside almost done--Trolly top has opening windows & roof.doors need assembling--pictured above waley windows..galley 1/3 done
Cross Bow in Build Journals....http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=54108
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

Postby Rob » Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:01 pm

The Woodland contingent would like to express our heartfelt appreciation to Joanie and Dean and all the others for all their hard work and organization of IRG4.0. We know all you that waited in line last January only started the fun. It was great to see some teardropping friends we hadn't seen in four years, some we hadn't seen since May, and meeting/making new friends. Good people, good food, good times! :applause: :wine: The only bad part was leaving Sunday. :cry: We are already looking forward to IRG5.0! :thumbsup:
Rob
:wine:

:peace:
Rob
500 Club

Postby nevadatear » Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:21 pm

Lovelock says what woodland says! Randy and I had such a good time. Thanks to our old and new friends in the "cul de sac" , the meadow, Jefferson state, around the bend in yonder spaces (thats you , joe, leslie and sharon) and everywhere else. Special thank you to Lee for getting my special single mantle lantern running. I hope everyone who came along on the bird walk and quilt walk had as much fun as I did. Two years to get you quilts done for next year. Dean and Joanie, you are the best. Herding teardroppers is a lot like herding small children, and teacher Joanie is certainly up for the job! Get some well earned rest. See you at the next gathering, where all you have to do is camp!
Debbie (with Randy looking over my shoulder)
Our build thread: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?t=41295&highlight=monstero
2009 Homebuilt woody, Kenskill inspired 5 wide
ImageImage
nevadatear
Silver Donating Member

Postby DragonFire » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:02 pm

Thank you Dean and Joanie for such a fantastic summer camp for adults! Everything was perfect! And thank you to the magic crew who took care of all the behind the scenes stuff! You even made the bathrooms bearable...and had everything we needed that could be provided!

Thank you to Maureen who helped me push my trailer back into position! And thanks also for the waffle dog hints...even before I had an iron!!

Thanks to my neighbors Rich and Elaine "Sunhopper" Clarke for food, fellowship and fun. Your potato salad and patties are fantastic. Got lots of great tips from you. "Hoppers Rule!"

Thanks to Doug for working on my lantern at home and bringing it all the way to the IRG so I could have it for the light up. And thanks for the laughs and fun times. You are a one of a kind, although there is a rumor that George is another just like you!

Thanks to Guy for putting an RV water filter on the water spigot for all of us to use. That was awesome!

Thanks to Lee for bringing cinnamon rolls to us on Sunday..and for getting the whole light up thing going. I heard that he spent his vacation fixing lanterns for people. That's awesome. He's just an all around good person.

Thanks to Sue for, well, being Sue. She always brightens my day!

Thanks to Donn for bringing me some Mountain Man's Breakfast! That really hit the spot! I didn't think I was hungry, but when I tasted the breakfast, I sure changed my mind!

Thanks to Mike and Zellie for bringing me Single Wide IPA from OR..we can't get it here in Cali. And thanks for having the contest...yes it did get me out and meeting new people. Sick as I was, I hauled myself around to the teardrops and met great folks, got ideas for my setup, and chatted. Can't wait to see what cool vintage trailer you bring next time!!

Thanks to Josh Lott for 'slug hunting' with us..it was fun!

Thanks to Mary and Kirk for friendship and breakfast burritos!

Thanks to Randy and Debbie (Nevadatear) for everything..hope to see you soon at a gathering somewhere. I'll keep the Sibley's in the tear so we will always have a bird book wherever we meet.

Thanks to George Boyd for helping me clean the black forest cake out of my DO! What a nice guy..nobody ever volunteers to help clean a DO!!

Thanks to Sharon for her great ideas and friendship. Hope to see her on the teardrop trail soon..or when we visit relatives in Redding.

Thanks to all who signed our sheet that enabled us to win the coveted waffle dog iron!! I sure wish I had felt better, but I still enjoyed the IRG and am bummed that it's 2 years until the next one. It was a long drive, but at least I have a clue of where I'm headed now..the trail won't be as long since I know what lies at the end!!

I'm sure there are people I'm forgetting..everyone was so wonderful. I sure wish there were more tear events..I miss the atmosphere..the kind people, the sharing..it is kinda like what life must have been like in the 40's or 50's..safe for kids to go out and play, people stayed up and played cards and talked on their patios, neighbors shared food...it was just so awesome. The world could learn a lot from a teardrop gathering!! :thumbsup:
'79 Grasshopper
Coleman Keepers 200a Gang
DragonFire
Donating Member

Postby TENNJIM » Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:59 pm

A big thank you Dean and Joanie and others for an outstanding IRG. Sheryl and I just returned from adding Santa Cruz, Capitola, Monterey, and Carmel to the trip. It was great to meet everyone and enjoy the gathering. Looking forward to IRG 5.
:applause:
Jim and Sheryl / Utah
Most People Seem Normal Until You Really Get To Know Them!
Never mind what people say, I think those Saguaros are shooting us the finger!
72.68% Of All Statistics Are Made Up!
TENNJIM
Palladium Donating Member

Next

Return to Jefferson State