Fall Finale 2019

That area of Southern Oregon and Northern California. (Ask Dean!) Includes Jefferson State Tearjerkers

Fall Finale 2019

Postby cdfnchico » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:16 pm

Fall Finale Campout 2019, in the Feather River Canyon the weekend of October 24-27. It's our anniversary and camping with friends is the best way to celebrate. The canyon is legendary for it's fall colors...the North Fork campground at Caribou off Hwy 70 was redone a couple years ago with showers etc. Several sites have electricity. All the sites are right on the creek. The weather should be crisp at night but pleasant during the day. Sites are $25 night. Senior discount can be applied. No reservations; last year we had a 20+ trailers and room for more! The campground hosts work with us to double up.

More details to come soon. We will a potluck on Sat. Last year we had a great time, ukuleles, zentangle, dutch ovens and more!

It was an awesome way to wrap up the season. Hope you join us!

Campground Info http://goo.gl/NAECHh
Cathy
Build thread - Just Chillin'
http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?t=25151

cdfnchico
Donating Member

Re: Fall Finale 2019

Postby Phooey » Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:26 pm

Wouldn't miss it. Rob will be retired by than. Party time.

:D :D :wine:
Phooey
Teardrop Master

Postby CaptKidd » Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:22 pm

Got ,it on my calendar
CaptKidd
Teardrop Advisor

Postby cdfnchico » Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:13 pm

Coming up quick! Spent the Labor Day weekend at North Fork and it was beautiful! Can't wait to see all you folks!!
Cathy

cdfnchico
Donating Member

Postby CaptKidd » Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:32 pm

Just checked the weather for this weekend looks to be awesome Can hardly wait. I was at the Grass Valley fairgrounds this last weekend for an Chico Elks RV group outing. We did a private tour of the Empire Mine State Park. Was a great tour got to see some parts that are not usually open to the public. It was the first outing in my new R-Pod 196. Everything worked great. I'll have it this weekend.
CaptKidd
Teardrop Advisor

Postby irgod32 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:38 pm

This was a nice place to camp, we had a great time Y'all!
We made it home safely even though we had to drive by the 5fwy fire in Sacramento. :thinking:
I hope you all had just as much fun as we did :thumbsup:
See you all again soon sometime, somewhere!!! :applause:
Tiny Trailer Builders of America
Build it and they will come
irgod32
Teardrop Master

Postby CaptKidd » Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:36 am

Are we going to have a fall finale this 2020 year?
CaptKidd
Teardrop Advisor

Postby dguff » Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:04 pm

CaptKidd wrote:Are we going to have a fall finale this 2020 year?

Also wondering? We have our masks and sanitizer.
Jerome

2008 Guffman
dguff
Platinum Donating Member

Postby S. Heisley » Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:00 pm

dguff wrote:
CaptKidd wrote:Are we going to have a fall finale this 2020 year?

Also wondering? We have our masks and sanitizer.

Hi, CaptK and Jerome:

When CaptKidd asked, I sent Cathy a message but she never responded. I would say that no answer is a "NO" answer. Leo had a health problem in August(?) He is okay but that makes COVID a greater threat for him and the family.

Also, the North Complex Fire was around that area, if not in it. The fire is now considered under control, although it is slowly moving northeast into a non-populated area. Calfire marks it as not an incident anymore as of 9/30/20, but on the news tonight, they said it is still threatening the east side of Hwy 70. The point is, the campground is probably closed or possibly even tattered a bit.

Add to that, this is the first day in a week that this entire area has been out of the unhealthy air quality due to the fires in California but this changes with the direction of wind. So, there's no telling how long we'll have "decent" air quality at any time.

It looks like the Fall Finale may not be happening this year.

The year of 2020 is becoming the year with very few camp gatherings. :( Let's hope that next year is better!
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby CaptKidd » Tue Oct 06, 2020 3:36 pm

BUMMER!!!! Oh well there is always next year, I just got back from an Elks RV outing in Trinidad. Had good weather until the last day but that was the day we were coming home anyhow. We are going to McCloud in two weeks hopefully the weather will be OK.
CaptKidd
Teardrop Advisor

Postby cdfnchico » Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:26 pm

Ok gang....there’s been a lot of unknowns regarding Fall Finale. North Fork will not be reopening this year so there’s been a scramble to find a suitable place at this late date that would still be open and have room for us. . Ron &Sharon, the hosts from Nirth Fork are down in Eldorado and they are staying open and blocking off sites for us at Sunset Camoground in Pollock Pines. BUT!!! We have to change the weekend to October 15-18. PM me if you can make it so we save enough spots. Woohoo!!! Camping!!! We will be Covid safe; no potlucks this year. Be respectful of each other and wear masks if indicated.
Cathy

cdfnchico
Donating Member

Postby CaptKidd » Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:06 pm

I'm sorry I wont be there as I will be in McCloud for an outing with my Elks RV group
CaptKidd
Teardrop Advisor

Return to Jefferson State