Lady Tear Droppers, drop in and say "Hello"!

This is where the gals can have their very own discussions...

Re: Lady Tear Droppers, drop in and say "Hello"!

Postby hccccook » Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:08 am

Hi ladies!

I've been lurking and planning for about a year. I just turned 30 this month, so this is my big quarter life project and I'm so excited it's finally time to rock and roll! I'm a project manager for theatre/film/tv sets and I worked in NYC for a long time engineering those big Christmas window displays, so this is the perfect next challenge for me. Finally got my drafting done for my chassis and I'm going to get the steel next week!

My mom and I spent last night brainstorming names for my drop (I grew up and live by the ocean, so it had to be beach related without being too cheesy) and I think I finally got one: Teardrop Thalassa. Thalassa is a not-very-well-known primordial goddess of the sea, and a divine female personification of the sea, in Greek mythology. A Thalassophile is someone who loves the sea.

TNTTT build journal and instagram build journal coming soon...

xo
H
✧ Hannah ✧

Teardrop Thalassa

https://www.instagram.com/teardrop_thalassa/
hccccook
Teardrop Inspector

Postby S. Heisley » Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:19 pm

Welcome! We look forward to seeing your build! :SG
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby The Teardrop Nanny » Fri Apr 15, 2022 2:35 pm

Okay Ladies, (and those Gents who read this thread),
It's time to inventory your trailer for the coming season (If you have not already done so). Change/fluff up the bedding, disperse any dust bunnies that have gathered during the winter months, and go through your galley. My prep always includes refreshing the dish/bath towels, checking the stock of paper products like napkins, tissues, paper towels, etc., and foil, baggies, and disinfecting wipes. I also check the batteries and replace ones in flashlights, b.p. lanterns, and charge the main battery I use for the interior and galley lights. I refill water bottles, dutch oven supplies, and check my stash of kindling and firewood. Outside, make sure the exterior doors and hatch are still firmly closing and locking, your tires have the right amount of tread and air, and see that all the bulbs (+spares) are packed for your lights. It is also a good idea to look over the wiring/lighting connections to your tow vehicle, inspect the hitch, and think about the last time you had the wheel bearings packed.
There is a reason I have earned the title of Teardrop Nanny........ :R You are welcome. Have a wonderful and safe camping season and be sure to tell us about your adventures. xo TDN
Life's uncertain...eat dessert first. Check out our cooking channel for cast iron:
www.youtube.com/outdoorcastironcook Dean & Joanie, your hosts
The Teardrop Nanny
Teardrop Muse

Postby S. Heisley » Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:16 pm

:thumbsup: In process! Thanks! :)
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby Tom&Shelly » Fri Apr 15, 2022 9:14 pm

The Teardrop Nanny wrote:Okay Ladies, (and those Gents who read this thread),

I'm, umm, only here to report on new posts to Shelly. :NC

The Teardrop Nanny wrote:It's time to inventory your trailer for the coming season (If you have not already done so). ...

Have a wonderful and safe camping season and be sure to tell us about your adventures. xo TDN

I'm still making improvements to ours from our notes from last year. I want to give it a gentle hand washing, but I'm going to wait until we get it to the Northeast, where water is more plentiful!

Happy camping everyone!

Tom
172912 170466
Tom&Shelly
Palladium Donating Member

Postby The Teardrop Nanny » Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:33 pm

Having done a few campouts now this season......I always keep a little notepad tablet in the galley of the trailer where I list what needs to be replaced or repaired. Then when I get home I can put in that item in (spatula returned to its spot) the TD. Also have a repair/fix it column (replace burned out bulb in galley overhead light). In the non-perishable food storage container I tape a list to the inside of the lid to know what to purchase when I go grocery shopping before the next outing (fill up coffee bag and refill brown sugar jar). The dirty clothes bag gets emptied and clean clothes come in to their place as I rotate my threads and shoes (socks are the things most frequently used). Some things you can easily borrow, like a spatula or spoonful of butter, but I find I like my own clothes so I try to repack accordingly/weather wise for best fit. :R
Joanie
The Teardrop Nanny
Life's uncertain...eat dessert first. Check out our cooking channel for cast iron:
www.youtube.com/outdoorcastironcook Dean & Joanie, your hosts
The Teardrop Nanny
Teardrop Muse

Postby Wynsome » Thu Aug 10, 2023 5:07 pm

Hi,
Don't have a TD yet, we are building one this winter. Just wanted to say Howdy.
Wynsome
Teardrop Inspector

Postby S. Heisley » Thu Aug 10, 2023 8:42 pm

Welcome!
I read your other comments and it sounds like you will be very successful in your endeavors.
I look forward to seeing your build thread!

PS. The "Going Pee in the middle of the night" thread is old but still so much fun! Glad you enjoyed it.
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Previous

Return to Lady Teardroppers