How to pack the inside of the teardrop

This is where the gals can have their very own discussions...

How to pack the inside of the teardrop

Postby S. Heisley » Fri Feb 25, 2022 2:50 pm

I was on a private group website and the ladies were discussing how to pack their clothes and toiletries inside those little cubbyholes above teardrop beds. I've seen lots here on organizing galleys and even what to do with shoes but very little on what to do with clothes, towels, toiletries, etc. Do you use plastic tubs or packing cubes or do you add shelves, drawers? Cargo nets? What if there are wires or speakers or odd shapes within your cabinets? How do you pack? Lets build an informational thread on packing clothes, etc. for others here.
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Re: How to pack the inside of the teardrop

Postby mountainminded » Fri Feb 25, 2022 6:15 pm

S. Heisley wrote: How do you pack? Lets build an informational thread on packing clothes, etc. for others here.

I’ve never understood how folks pack into those little medicine cabinet sized cubbies either...
My partner makes shelf size duffle bags that we call our Cabin Bags. Pack it at home, toss it on the gear loft shelf and drive away. Super easy!

Cheers,
-Rob

Rob Walker, Trailers4Two Bend Oregon
mountainminded
Teardrop Advisor

Postby pchast » Fri Feb 25, 2022 10:35 pm

I use a standard backpack. Roll the clothes and organized inside it.
The pack works as a Pillow if needed. I use those nylon convertible
packs for laundry and or a few towels. They do the same duty.

:D
pchast
Platinum Donating Member

Postby tony.latham » Fri Feb 25, 2022 10:43 pm

:thinking:

Tony
tony.latham
Gold Donating Member

Postby S. Heisley » Sat Feb 26, 2022 12:08 am

My cupboards are a little different because they are under the bed instead of over the bed but the space available is similar because it’s still a tiny trailer. So, here’s “MyAway” of packing:

I have a sheet set that came in a matching drawstring bag. You’ll see below that the bag now holds my socks and undies! Also in the picture, my shower shoes are held out of the way by a cargo net that is attached to the side of the cupboard. And, you’ll see part of a set of stacking Rubbermaid tubs that I use(d).

I still use the big bottom tub for an extra set of jeans and sweatshirt but have found that a set of suitcase packing cubes with clear fronts work better. However, if I had it to do over, I’d get multi-color ones because I could grab what I want and know by the color of the bag, maybe blue for jeans; yellow for shirts, etc….:

https://www.amazon.com/Dot-Large-Packin ... 141&sr=8-5

Remember when “Aunt Etna” gave you that Christmas present of cologne, soap, etc. in a zippered plastic box-like thing? You could use that to hold toiletries in the teardrop! However, I use one of these and love it:

https://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/73882?p ... 0bag&pos=2

Don’t forget that you can always buy one of these and cut it to fit inside your cabinet to store your phone, glasses, wallet, etc while you sleep. (I use one in my potty cabinet to hold Lysol wipes, bear spray, insect repellant, bandages etc.) This type of clear plastic shoe holder can usually be cut without looking messy after you’ve done it and you can use Command hooks to hang it:

https://www.amazon.com/24-Pockets-Simpl ... 28&sr=8-53

One more thing I thought of: that rain jacket that you only need when it rains but you want it ready to slip on. You can hang it on a hook where you knock it off all the time or you can mount a cargo net above the door and put it in there, out of the way but handy when you need it!
Last edited by S. Heisley on Sat Feb 26, 2022 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby S. Heisley » Sat Feb 26, 2022 12:15 am

mountainminded wrote:
S. Heisley wrote: How do you pack? Lets build an informational thread on packing clothes, etc. for others here.

I’ve never understood how folks pack into those little medicine cabinet sized cubbies either...
My partner makes shelf size duffle bags that we call our Cabin Bags. Pack it at home, toss it on the gear loft shelf and drive away. Super easy!

She does a really good job! :thumbsup:
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby S. Heisley » Sat Feb 26, 2022 12:25 am

pchast wrote:I use a standard backpack. Roll the clothes and organized inside it.
The pack works as a Pillow if needed. I use those nylon convertible
packs for laundry and or a few towels. They do the same duty.

:D

I used a duffle-like bag at first but a mouse chewed a big hole in it. :lol: It became time to reorganize!
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby S. Heisley » Sat Feb 26, 2022 12:27 am

tony.latham wrote:Image

:thinking:

Tony

Thanks, Tony. Do you have any problems with things jumping out on rough roads or does everything stay in place?
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby tony.latham » Sat Feb 26, 2022 10:20 am

Thanks, Tony. Do you have any problems with things jumping out on rough roads or does everything stay in place?

That's on the headboard. And no, we've never bounced anything from it. But maybe that's the torsion axle working. :frightened:

Tony
tony.latham
Gold Donating Member

Postby Dahlia47 » Sat Feb 11, 2023 5:12 pm

I am always looking for organization and storage. I have found stuff from dollar tree and trips to five below with my daughter. Here are some pics. I think i have finally found what works for this ttt. Id post pics but it says the files are too big.
Any ways....under the bed are 4 totes. One for shoes, one for tools, gadgets and games. Another for emergency clothes and the pop up shower, another for cleaning supplies. I also have a tent for guests. And a heater.
Under the counter top i have to the right the blankets and the grey water catch and the fridge. In the middle i have a storage basket with sheets and ac on the bottom. To the left i have toster oven and the potty below it. Above the counter top is the shelf for food. To the left is the paper towels and the cooking pand and utensils hanging. To the right is the gravity water and the sink.
Above the bed is the shelf with the record boxes and soft baskets for clothes and toiletries.

Hopefully i can post the pics soon. Frustrating i cant post pics.
Dahlia47
Teardrop Master

Postby Dahlia47 » Sat Feb 11, 2023 5:30 pm

The blue bag is my hammock and the red cooler has my power station in it. Aaaaand if you can see the cat thinks this is his private apartment! Lol!!
Finally got the pics up!
I made the curtains last week. It hides the stuff underneath nicely! Ill be making some curtains for the windows as well. First I need to replace a side panel. Thats next weekend! ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk
Dahlia47
Teardrop Master

Postby eLink » Sat Feb 11, 2023 5:51 pm

Interesting topic. I look forward to a time when I can have all my camping gear neatly packed and ready to go in my teardrop at a moment's notice!
But no discussion about "stuff" would be complete without hearing some thoughts from George Carlin:
eLink
Teardrop Master

Postby Dahlia47 » Sat Feb 11, 2023 6:57 pm

Carlin was awesome!!

When ever we go somewhere, we only pack clothes and food and water. Everything else is in there ready to go! I dont know if I showed the ammo can? But I fit 2 propane canisters in it. And of course I have plenty of bungee cords keeping things in place while we are in motion.
Dahlia47
Teardrop Master

Return to Lady Teardroppers