Lady Tear Droppers, drop in and say "Hello"!

This is where the gals can have their very own discussions...

fun

Postby Eunice » Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:14 pm

peggyearlchris wrote:Thanks SamR. It sure is slow going for me. Teardrop time. :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'm having fun too. :thumbsup: Peg

That is what counts Peg. As long as it is fun. Love your new avatar pic.
Eunice
Eunice
former director
Jefferson State Chapter
TearJerkersImage
Eunice
Jefferson State Tearjerker

Postby peggyearlchris » Thu Sep 13, 2007 12:31 pm

Thanks Eunice. That picture was from my 50th surprise birthday party last year now I'm 51. :cry: :cry: :lol: :lol: :lol: It was great fun. Have a good day girls. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Peg
peggyearlchris
500 Club

Postby Lynn Coleman » Fri Sep 14, 2007 10:18 pm

Hi all,

Well I've been able to do very little on the Inkwell lately, I've injured my knees and it looks like I'll be having surgery soon. However, I have a couple of pictures I wanted to share with you regarding the "theme" of the Inkwell.

The bar to hang clothing in our closet is an old typewriter roller. Here's the pic.

The second picture is of the corners that are for the window frame.
The nail holes will be puttied and painted over.

Tomorrow we'll be able to put the bookshelf up but we had to wait until the paint was hardened. So, I don't have a picture for that. We're going away next week and I was hoping to get a bunch more done but I really can't do much at this point.

Lynn
Lynn Coleman
Donating Member

Postby AmyH » Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:41 am

I love that the old typewriter roller is getting a new life in your trailer! What an incredibly cool idea!! :thumbsup: I can't wait to see what other little features you add to the "Inkwell"!
Amy
"...follow humbly whereever and to whatever abyss Nature leads, or else you shall learn nothing." T.H. Huxley

Photo Log
Camping Trips with the Tear
AmyH
*The 300 Club

Postby mandy » Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:23 pm

YEA! :applause: I finaly got Steve Fredrick's building manual. Now to study up on all his great ideas. Still I have to start saving the money for the build. :NC But we all have to start some where right girls?

Mandy
The greatest wealth is to live content with little.
~Plato~
mandy
Donating Member

Postby NutmegJoe » Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:32 pm

mandy wrote:YEA! :applause: I finaly got Steve Fredrick's building manual. Now to study up on all his great ideas.

Mandy - I used Steve's manual for my tear, so if you have any questions, ask away. I had never really built anything before, and sometimes I had to read certain sections over and over before I really got it. So, if you get frustrated, let us know!
Shelly
--------------
"Do what you like,
Like what you do"

NutmegJoe
Gold Donating Member

Postby mandy » Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:18 pm

Nutmeg: did you use a router and pattern for everything or did you just wing it with a jig saw?

Just wondering.

Mandy
~Plato~
mandy
Donating Member

Postby NutmegJoe » Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:31 pm

mandy wrote:Nutmeg: did you use a router and pattern for everything or did you just wing it with a jig saw?

I just "wung"-it with the jigsaw...you can see in this picture that my curve isn't quite right.

Hint: When laying out the wood ready to cut, make sure you start on the edge where you won't end up using your left hand to cut (if you are right-handed). And...I did cut all 4 pieces at the same time, which I would do again...just not with my left hand.

Shelly
--------------
"Do what you like,
Like what you do"

NutmegJoe
Gold Donating Member

Postby Gaelen » Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:39 pm

Shelly, the curve may not be perfect, but it's an original...

I'm starting to wish I hadn't given my power tools away. :oops:

But something cool did happen last night. It was a nice night, pretty clear, and I was feeling okay after physical therapy, so I decided to move the trailer to a better location (better lighting...it was in a corner of our overflow parking area that isn't very well lit.) As I turned the corner to the overflow lot, I saw a couple of women trying to peer into the windows and walking around the trailer checking it out. I didn't know their names, but I've seen them walking in the neighborhood, and they were pretty surprised and apologetic when I drove up and parked next to the trailer. They seemed a little worried that I would be mad.

I was a little concerned (I haven't put in the new door locks yet), but these women walk the same route every day. So I asked if they wanted to see inside, and gave them a tour, and let them climb in and check everything out. They were amazed that it seemed so much bigger on the inside (their words) and they kept saying how it was just the perfect size and too cute. One of them used to camp, but didn't really like our short, often wet tenting season and gave it up. She kept saying that this was like having a motor home without all the fuss. They both stuck around while I hitched it up and moved it to a better parking spot, and were very impressed that I could manage the trailer by myself without a lot of physical effort. I told them about finding this forum, and wanting a teardrop, and then how I'd discovered this trailer and decided to buy it.

Between being overscheduled and having trouble with my back that put me on physical therapy restrictions, it's been really frustrating to not be able to take the trailer out this summer the way I'd wanted to. I've camped in it a couple of times in my sister's back field, and slept in the trailer last weekend in the complex's overflow parking area. It's not exactly like taking it to a woods or a lake, but until PT clears me to be more active and lift more than 20 lbs, I'm kinda stuck. I have to 'steal' camping time when and where I can, and without having to move the trailer and wreck up my PT if I can avoid that.

But giving the first 'tour' to non-family somehow made the frustration of not being able to take it out on a real trip insignificant. They both promised to check the camper on their daily walks, and took my number in case they saw anything amiss. So I gave a tour and made two new friends...and found two more people who think tiny campers are too cool for words.
Gaelen
2006-2011: '79 SunLine Sun Spot
now: '05 Finntec homebuilt teardrop
My blogs: Life Out Loud, Kitchen Jam and Dog Trainer's Log.
Syracuse Dog Training and @gaelen2 on Twitter
Gaelen
500 Club

Postby CAJUN LADY » Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:37 am

Gaelen:

Sorry to hear about your back...bummer. But soon you will be back in the swing of camping!

Doesn't that just give you warm and fuzzy feelings when someone admires your T or TTT? I've had people (lots of neighbors) come over when I am "playing" in my Teardrop and want to see what is new inside or in the galley. I have also watched people drive by and then turn around and stop in front of the house and take a good look at that funny little "thing" parked in my driveway. It makes me laugh.

I am getting her ready for a camping trip on Sept. 28-30 with my sons and his fiance and their friends. Going to do a little dutch oven cooking and just enjoy the outdoors.

Obey your PT and you'll be camping again soon. Good luck!

Rebecca
Cajun Lady
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby Pam Wright » Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:35 am

Gaelen,

That is what it is all about! Sharing our love of camping and our joy of our T & TTT's.

I'm sorry your PT has you 'grounded' and thrilled to hear it hasn't stopped you! My 'Cherry Drop" is my passion! I camp in her every time I get a chance (not to make you jealous but to prove my point... I have camped every weekend except 5 since the middle of April and am booked into November!).

Finish the PT and then have your adventures, in the meantime, camp in the overflow lot and enjoy. Your TTT is so cute!

pam
Rocky Mountain TearJerkers
Director

"Be well, Be safe, Be Happy!"

Image"
Pam Wright
500 Club

Postby CAJUN LADY » Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:52 am

Pam Wright wrote:Gaelen,

That is what it is all about! Sharing our love of camping and our joy of our T & TTT's.

I'm sorry your PT has you 'grounded' and thrilled to hear it hasn't stopped you! My 'Cherry Drop" is my passion! I camp in her every time I get a chance (not to make you jealous but to prove my point... I have camped every weekend except 5 since the middle of April and am booked into November!).

Finish the PT and then have your adventures, in the meantime, camp in the overflow lot and enjoy. Your TTT is so cute!

pam

Pam:

I think they should start a thread on who camps the most because I think you would win, you lucky gal. And to live in such beautiful country to camp in! I am jealous. Do you camp up in the mountains or try and stay as low as possible? My best friend from child hood lives in Idaho Springs, CO and when I visit her it is an adventure. She lives almost at the very top of a mountain in a very remote part. They laugh at me because I pray the entire ride up the mountain. It is a one lane, gravel/dirt road so I have reason to pray!

Post some photos of your beautiful area and more of your adorable "Cherry Drop".

Rebecca
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby mandy » Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:22 am

Gaelen: Glad to hear that your ttt is such a big success. You not only met new friends but now have your own private security force. It's always great to meet the neighbors because then you have someone to help keep watch over your property. Sorry to hear about your back, :( like Pam and Rebecca said take care and do everyting the PT says and you'll be back to good in no time. :)

Pam: You lucky lady :applause: you get to do what you love every weekend. I wish I could go to the Last Gasp being that your gathering is the closest one to me, but unfortunatly my vehicle isn't going to make the trip. Maybe next year.

Cajun/ Rebecca: Hope you have a great time camping with the family, and make sure to make a peach cobbler in the dutch oven :lol:

Mandy
~Plato~
mandy
Donating Member

Postby CAJUN LADY » Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:32 am

mandy wrote:Cajun/ Rebecca: Hope you have a great time camping with the family, and make sure to make a peach cobbler in the dutch oven :lol:

Mandy

Miss Mandy:

Funny you should mention the peach cobbler because that is one of the items I plan on cooking - and the easiest! I did my first D.O. peach cobbler at the Fittin' to Git Ready gathering at Ft. Clinch in August and it turned out great. Actually, that was the first time I ever cooked in a Dutch Oven period. My youngest son, Dusty, also has a D.O. so it will be his first time using it when we go. He's excited. :bounce:

Ok Mandy, post some photos for us to ooh and ahh over. We can't get enough of photos.

Rebecca
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby SamR » Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:57 am

Well Ladies, it's campable. And I only needed to redefine campable 3 or 4 times! I took the Turtle down for the Bear Lake run last weekend, about an 800 mile round trip, and it pulled without a problem. Gas mileage did drop about 8 mpg, but it's a big tear. Here's a few pics of the Turtle (paint job not complete). More of the other tears on my blog.

SamR
Teardrop Master

PreviousNext

Return to Lady Teardroppers