Lady Tear Droppers, drop in and say "Hello"!

This is where the gals can have their very own discussions...

Postby NutmegJoe » Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:23 pm

Sam!!!!!

You did a great job! I'm so proud to have been there from the beginning!!!

:applause: :applause: :thumbsup: :applause: :applause:

So...you coming down for the Last Gasp next weekend? It would be great to see you and the Turtle!
Shelly
--------------
"Do what you like,
Like what you do"

NutmegJoe
Gold Donating Member

Postby SamR » Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:28 pm

So...you coming down for the Last Gasp next weekend? It would be great to see you and the Turtle!

Wish I could! Just a bit too far for being into the school year. Have to pack it up for the winter now and wait for the Spring Run. :cry: ok, well, maybe I will take it out locally a few times, but that frost is getting awful thick already.
SamR
Teardrop Master

Postby mandy » Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:06 pm

Sam: Congratulations on taking the Turtle out on it's maiden voyage. Oh which reminds me I came across a book of stencils and found two turtle stencils in there, it's really cool they are jpegs that you can resize and print out and then transfer to plastic or something to use as stencils. If you want I can e-mail them to you. Just PM me.

Cajun: I have this cool recipie for Carmel Apple French Toast cobbler for the Dutch Oven

First thing you do is get the following ready ahead of time:

Cut 4-6 Apple (Depending on how big of a batch you want to make) and drizzle a little of lemon juice on them (so they don't darken).

Butter

In a ZipLock Bag put the following things:

1 tps of cinnamon
1 tps of pumpkin pie spice ( if you want )
2 tps of corn starch
1/2 - 1 cup of sugar (depends on how big a batch you are making)
1 cup of brown sugar

French toast topping:
3-4 eggs
Vanilla
Cinnamon
4-6 slices of bread ( depending on how big a batch you are making)

When you are ready line the DO with Foil and Cut up some butter and place it all over the bottom.

Next put the apple pieces into the ziplock and and shake it up, then place the entire contents into the DO. Place the lid on and put your coals on the top and bottom, ( not sure how many I just used fire wood coals) Cook the apples for 45-50 mins or untill they are tender.

Now heres the fun part:

When it gets to be the last 10-15 mins take the DO off the coals take off the lid. Then make French Toast using the above ingredients and place the bread on top of the apples, replace the lid and cook for another 10-15 mins or untill the French Toast on top is browned.

Enjoy
:campfire:
Mandy
The greatest wealth is to live content with little.
~Plato~
mandy
Donating Member

Postby CAJUN LADY » Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:52 pm

Oooooh jeez Mandy, I can feel my butt expanding just reading that recipe. I printed it out and I am going to make it. I LOVE french toast and I love apples so this ought be to a winner!

Thank you for the recipe. My hips thank you too!
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby b.bodemer » Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:04 pm

Sam,
How cool that the Turtle was out for your first of many td adventures......... :vroom:

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Barb
b.bodemer
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby rbeemer » Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:07 pm

mandy wrote:Sam: Congratulations on taking the Turtle out on it's maiden voyage. Oh which reminds me I came across a book of stencils and found two turtle stencils in there, it's really cool they are jpegs that you can resize and print out and then transfer to plastic or something to use as stencils. If you want I can e-mail them to you. Just PM me.

Cajun: I have this cool recipie for Carmel Apple French Toast cobbler for the Dutch Oven

First thing you do is get the following ready ahead of time:

Cut 4-6 Apple (Depending on how big of a batch you want to make) and drizzle a little of lemon juice on them (so they don't darken).

Butter

In a ZipLock Bag put the following things:

1 tps of cinnamon
1 tps of pumpkin pie spice ( if you want )
2 tps of corn starch
1/2 - 1 cup of sugar (depends on how big a batch you are making)
1 cup of brown sugar

French toast topping:
3-4 eggs
Vanilla
Cinnamon
4-6 slices of bread ( depending on how big a batch you are making)

When you are ready line the DO with Foil and Cut up some butter and place it all over the bottom.

Next put the apple pieces into the ziplock and and shake it up, then place the entire contents into the DO. Place the lid on and put your coals on the top and bottom, ( not sure how many I just used fire wood coals) Cook the apples for 45-50 mins or untill they are tender.

Now heres the fun part:

When it gets to be the last 10-15 mins take the DO off the coals take off the lid. Then make French Toast using the above ingredients and place the bread on top of the apples, replace the lid and cook for another 10-15 mins or untill the French Toast on top is browned.

Enjoy
:campfire:
Mandy

Mandy you need to post that recipe in the recipe section so we can add it to the next recipe book(when we get around to it)
Rick

If ducks had scales, would fish quack?
rbeemer
500 Club

Postby mandy » Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:02 pm

I wouldn't mind it if someone copied it and put on the recipes section. I didn't think about putting it there DUH :? I don't know how to copy it over there if some one could help me put it up that would be great.

Thanks
Mandy
~Plato~
mandy
Donating Member

Postby jmtk » Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:13 pm

Hi Ladies!

I'm continually amazed at all the great stuff the women of the forum are doing!

Sam: Woohoo! Congrats on the maiden voyage of the Turtle! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :applause: :applause:
I'm disappointed that we couldn't make it to Bear Lake to see it in person.

Mandy: I used Steve Frederick's shop manual, too. He's got lots of great design ideas. Like Shelly, I had to read and re-read some sections, too, but found it invaluable. I also used the jigsaw extensively, rather than the router. I wasn't comfortable enough with the router at the time. Here's a belated welcome to the forum, too!

Cajun Lady: Welcome to you, too! I just can't get enough computer time to keep up with welcoming everyone in a timely fashion! :oops:

Amy: Your woodwork is beautiful! 'Nuf said!

Lynn: Great work on the Inkwell! I've enjoyed following your progress.

Gaelen: Nice story about your neighborhood trailer admirers! I hope your back is doing better soon. Back pain is one of the reasons I built my teardrop - sleeping on the ground in a tent just wasn't as much fun as it used to be!

What have I been up to recently? We camped about 3 weeks out of the summer, including a great trip out to northern California and southern Oregon. We also built a parking pad for the teardrop!

Jeanette

jmtk
Donating Member

Postby AmyH » Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:35 am

Sam, I love the "Turtle"!! :applause: :thumbsup: You did an awesome job on the paint! It must have felt great to get it out on its maiden voyage!

Mandy, that recipe sounds so incredibly yummy!! Thanks so much for sharing it, I'll definitely have to try it out.

Jeannette, I love the parking spot you all built for your tear. I am definitely going to need to build something like that for mine, since it will have to be kept outside.

Now if the weather will cooperate for me this weekend, I'll be building some face frames for the inside cabinets. I need to pull the tear out of the garage to use the tablesaw, but the weather has been pretty grey and wet lately. I'll be crossing my fingers for some dry weather this weekend. :worship:
Amy
"...follow humbly whereever and to whatever abyss Nature leads, or else you shall learn nothing." T.H. Huxley

Photo Log
Camping Trips with the Tear
AmyH
*The 300 Club

Postby mandy » Thu Sep 20, 2007 1:00 pm

Jeanette, I really like the profile of your tear. I know that the building manual has profiles but I have a hard time trying to figure how to block it up for framing, I'm not that technical. How did you do yours since yours is the profile I am after.

Mandy
~Plato~
mandy
Donating Member

Postby CAJUN LADY » Thu Sep 20, 2007 1:13 pm

[quote="jmtk"]Cajun Lady: Welcome to you, too! I just can't get enough computer time to keep up with welcoming everyone in a timely fashion! :oops:

Jeanette:

You have a beautiful Teardrop. Is that small door on the side a battery door or an AC? Very beautiful!

Rebecca
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby jmtk » Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:06 pm

Mandy: This pic ought to give you a pretty good idea on my framing. Look in my album for a shot of the framing of my doors. Since I built mine out of just 1/8" ply on both sides of the 3/4" framing, I had to think through the framing very carefully. I put framing everywhere something would get attached: oak 1x2s where door hinges went, the long vertical 1x4s where my son's bunk would attach, galley counter and lights, the hatch gas struts, fenders, the little shelves up by the head-end of the trailer, and of course all around the outside edges:

Cajun Lady: This is what the little door is for! :lol:
For real. That's the foot-end of my son's bunk. When he grows longer than 5' (the width of the trailer), I'll make a little foot box to give him some extra leg room. Actually, there's a little door on the other side at the bottom of the galley, and that one is for AC 8)

Peggy: Sorry, didn't mean to slight you by missing you on my previous post! Love the Hawaiian shirt in your avatar, and keep up the great progress on your trailer!

Hmmm, now lets's see, who else did I miss... :thinking:
Oh yeah, Miriam, MaryK, Joanne, Eunice, flygal, Pam, Barb - dang, this list is long and I'm sure I've missed a bunch! Keep up the great work, ladies!

Jeanette
jmtk
Donating Member

Postby SamR » Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:36 pm

Thanks Shelly, Barb, Mandy, Jeanette and Amy for all the positive feedback!

Mandy, I can't wait to do something with those stencils.

And Cajun Lady, once again you've crystalized my thoughts elequently :lol:
Oooooh jeez Mandy, I can feel my butt expanding just reading that recipe
SamR
Teardrop Master

Postby Mary K » Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:35 pm

Sam, Congrats on your maiden voyage!! :applause: The Turtle is Looking Good :thumbsup: I think it deserves a Dance!!

:M :dancing :M :wakka wakka: :M :running man: :wakka wakka: :M :dancing :M

MK
Mary K

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve. Bilbo Baggins
Mary K
6000 Club
6000 Club

Postby peggyearlchris » Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:55 pm

:thumbsup: Sam your turtle looks great. Have fun camping. :thumbsup:
Jeanette-Thanks I love that shirt too. You have a pretty trailer and I like the little feet hanging out the door. :lol: :lol: All you ladies rock! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Peg
peggyearlchris
500 Club

PreviousNext

Return to Lady Teardroppers