Lady Tear Droppers, drop in and say "Hello"!

This is where the gals can have their very own discussions...

Postby Miriam C. » Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:45 pm

Dark red and cream :thumbsup: The wood is all finished natural the metal windows are framed black. The power outlets are all red too.

Image Just need to finish the quilt.

Thinking of starting a Spring theme too. :thinking:
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby hiker chick » Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:46 pm

AmyH wrote:What I would like to do is get color-matched marine paint for the roof. I am thinking it would look nice to match it to the color of my Subaru, which is willow green.

No doubt, green would be great!

The skin on my Little Guy is designed for auto paint.

Is "Willow Green" a medium tone?

Light, medium or dark -- I think green is the perfect color for camping.

:)

[url]Image

[/url]Image
Hot Stuff Today, Dog Stuff Tomorrow

www.thegidg.com
hiker chick
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby swissarmygirl » Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:16 pm

mandy wrote:I was wondering what kind of color schems you have on and in your TD?

I came across this recently and it kinda inspired me. Its from that site with the free business cards.

Of course, I tend to change my mind on a daily basis. I think that comes with being a Gemini. I've also been thinking somewhere in the purple family.
I guess when the day comes for paint, it will depend on my mood.
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it." - Mark Twain
"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift." - Albert Einstein

4 Hats Studio
swissarmygirl
Donating Member

Postby AmyH » Fri Nov 09, 2007 5:09 pm

Hiker Chick, I absolutely love the green on your teardrop, and it looks so good with your vehicle!

The green on my Subaru is a lighter green. The car actually has two colors, willow green opal and moss green. Here is a not so great photo I pulled off the web that shows the green color:

Amy
"...follow humbly whereever and to whatever abyss Nature leads, or else you shall learn nothing." T.H. Huxley

Photo Log
Camping Trips with the Tear
AmyH
*The 300 Club

Postby hiker chick » Fri Nov 09, 2007 5:28 pm

AmyH wrote:Hiker Chick, I absolutely love the green on your teardrop, and it looks so good with your vehicle!

The green on my Subaru is a lighter green. The car actually has two colors, willow green opal and moss green. Here is a not so great photo I pulled off the web that shows the green color:

That's a great color -- similar to the green in an LL Bean tent I have.

I think it would look very elegant on your teardrop. -- even if your car didn't match.

That light green, like silver, has the added benefit of being forgiving of dust and dirt accumulation.

The green on my Element is pretty forgiving of dirt, too. Thank goodness since I haven't washed the Element since June.

:o

www.thegidg.com
hiker chick
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby peggyearlchris » Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:02 pm

I haven't been underground.Just got my computer back from the repair shop. It sure has been bad without it. :cry: I can stop crying now. Thank goodness. :lol: :lol: Tony's going to call me a cry baby again. :lol: :lol: It feels great to be back. :applause: :applause: Peg
peggyearlchris
500 Club

Postby Miriam C. » Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:19 pm

:lol: Welcome back Peg! It is hard when the communication devices break down. It's like not having a voice, or hearing.
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby Gaelen » Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:55 pm

swissarmygirl wrote:I guess when the day comes for paint, it will depend on my mood.

hehehe...well, my Sunspot is true late '70s...Sunline striping on the 1980 models was in those harvest orange shades (like the harvest or 70s tupperware...one very very deep red orange, one brighter orange, and then one mustard-y toned orange stripe) and of course 27 years of 'patina' on the original vinyl exterior makes it a little more mellow a tone than the bright white it was originally. I would love to restore the original striping, and want to talk to a neighbor who does auto detailing to see if we could maybe barter a deal. I can never really fully restore it (and not sure I really want to) but I do like the idea of going 'period' and the 'period' is the early 80s. I've settled on sunflowers, with green leaves and blue sky for accents.

Inside, when I got it, it had a red-orange 70s tapestry for curtains and dividers between the back shelves and sleeping area, and both of the back walls by the galley still have the original avocado carpeted walls. The original molded aluminum back doors are the really really dark fake walnut woodgrain. :shock:

However, the front end/sleeping section was all redone in cedar framing and then skinned with what looks like cedar paneling. It's not finished, sothis winter I'd like to put a finish on it to preserve it that will hopefully keep the light wood interior.

I started aiming at a sunflower/celtic knotwork theme...in shades of yellow and green with blue accents. Then I fell in love with some really nice pieced cotton window valances at Penney's that were in the same general color families, but really set off the interior wood a lot better...bleached muslin trimmed in pieced squares of two shades of sage green (the lighter one is very similar to Barb's paint job) and two shades of dark peach/light orange. And the green/peach combination just really feels restful and right; I love being inside it. So now over this winter I'll be quilting/piecing a matching cover for the featherbed that goes on the green cot, and a 'skirt' to hide the under-cot storage. The sunflower accessories I found here and there will accent and tie all the colors together.

I still haven't really decided which direction to go with the galley. I have quite a collection (thanks to thrift stores and eBay) of what's sold as 'vintage' tupperware in the dark brown-avocado green-harvest gold-reddish orange series (plates, bowls, mugs, coasters). And when I put those colors in against the cedar, it made me think of those distressed painted cabinets you see in Italian (Tuscan) farmhouse kitchens...so I'm leaning in that direction. If I put fixed cabinets/drawers/shelves in the galley to divide the sleeping and cooking areas, I like the plan of getting unfinished bacinest that can be screwed into the bottom shelf, and easily removed if I need to use the trailer as a cargo box.

So I completely get 'what my mood tells me about my camper's 'colors.'
Gaelen
2006-2011: '79 SunLine Sun Spot
now: '05 Finntec homebuilt teardrop
My blogs: Life Out Loud, Kitchen Jam and Dog Trainer's Log.
Syracuse Dog Training and @gaelen2 on Twitter
Gaelen
500 Club

Postby Classic Finn » Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:05 am

peggyearlchris wrote:I haven't been underground.Just got my computer back from the repair shop. It sure has been bad without it. :cry: I can stop crying now. Thank goodness. :lol: :lol: Tony's going to call me a cry baby again. :lol: :lol: It feels great to be back. :applause: :applause: Peg

I know I know Im not supposed to be in this section but(womens section) Im sort of shy :D ... I couldnt help myself... :lol: :lol: :lol: So thats where youve been Peggy..

Hiding out... :lol: :lol: :lol: Welcome back .. sure did missya... :cry: :cry: ;)

Classic Finn ;)
Royal Teardrop Society Scandinavian Bureau Chief of Staff

Classic Finn
Midnight Sun Voyager
Midnight Sun Voyager

Postby Classic Finn » Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:14 am

jmtk wrote:
Outlaw wrote:Way to go Mike, I was watching also :( No posts by the ladies in two days, I guess they went underground :oops:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Underground?! Heck no, we've been camping! Here are a couple pics from our trip to Bryce Canyon National Park last weekend.

Enjoy!

Jeanette

Beautiful Photos :applause: :applause: :applause: Now if there was only a highway leading to the good ol USA ohh and some gas stations too Id pack up and do some sightseeing..

Classic Finn ;)
Royal Teardrop Society Scandinavian Bureau Chief of Staff

Classic Finn
Midnight Sun Voyager
Midnight Sun Voyager

Postby oklahomajewel » Sat Nov 10, 2007 8:42 am

for a spring theme, or anything girlie ... I fell in love with the light green, and lavender or purple combination. That's what my bath is done in. I've done it on some baby quilts too.

My own camper right now is painted wood and was supposed to be an off white and not so 'cream' with a dark red (garnet red) fenders and was going to paint a Kit or Kenskill type design on the front / back, etc. Stove table is red too. Dishes, washtub, curtians... red.

What I would absolutely love to do is by paint or aluminum-- change the exterior to a silver and gold combination -- perfect for the "Jewel Box" !!!
Especially since I recently picked up some chandelier peices and working on a mini chandelier for more bling bling on my little cubby!

YOU GIRLS ROCK !!!!!

Julie
Some things are way over my head !! ...but it keeps me looking UP!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby b.bodemer » Sat Nov 10, 2007 9:27 pm

Mandy,

I'd say the the oak and birch plus a nice green gave me the earthly feel I was going after. Then for my cabin and hatch ceiling I picked a lighter green.

The other thing I like the most though is that the only thing shiny on my td is the moonie hubcaps. Everything else has a satin finish....the spar urethane to protect the woodie look and the latex house paint for the exterior trim and the interior ceiling.

I even used matt finish tiles for my kitchen counter. The floor tiles picked up the brown, greens and grays I like so much.

Have fun making your td unique.....................................
Barb
b.bodemer
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby hiker chick » Sun Nov 11, 2007 8:01 am

b.bodemer wrote:Mandy,

I'd say the the oak and birch plus a nice green gave me the earthly feel I was going after. Then for my cabin and hatch ceiling I picked a lighter green.

The other thing I like the most though is that the only thing shiny on my td is the moonie hubcaps. Everything else has a satin finish....the spar urethane to protect the woodie look and the latex house paint for the exterior trim and the interior ceiling.

I even used matt finish tiles for my kitchen counter. The floor tiles picked up the brown, greens and grays I like so much.

b bodemer - your teardrop is elegant! Love the earth tones and the moon caps. Really a work of art.

:applause:

www.thegidg.com
hiker chick
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby flygal6 » Sun Nov 11, 2007 2:07 pm

Hi Y'all,
I am back now too. Healing from my foot surgery 3 weeks ago. Traveled to Calif. San Luis Obispo and stopped by the state park where all the far western folks had that big gathering at SLO state park. Too bad I was 6 weeks too late. Been catching up on everyone's progress and whats keeping you all busy. I see decorating and beautiful color combinations are in store for 2008! Everyone here is doing a great job and being very particular with their special decor and construction choices. I think a lot of the guys are envious too. My TD is ready to go to storage soon. Plan to install the PetCool early this spring. Just bought a cool new tow vehicle too....A Bright shiny new Red Mitsubishi Outlander. So maybe when I touch up my TDs fenders this spring from the surface rust, I'll change them to bright red to give the set up a little more color. Glad to be home again from 2 weeks of travel. Off to put my little swollen toes up. Nice to be back.
Carol
flygal6
Teardrop Master

Postby Miriam C. » Sun Nov 11, 2007 3:15 pm

Happy you are recovering from the surgery Carol. :thumbsup: That is a long trip to go without being on your feet. 8) ;) Welcome back.
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

PreviousNext

Return to Lady Teardroppers