Safety And Lady Stuff

This is where the gals can have their very own discussions...

Safety And Lady Stuff

Postby Dahlia47 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:09 pm

I skimmed through her a bit and found some really great ideas. Everything from self-defense to potty and shower issues. I plan to take several camping trips. One will be part way by myself, and some others with just me and my daughter. A couple more with my husband and son.
If I were by myself or with my daughter, I would do a lot of what was previously mentioned. Firearms ( I grew up around guns. I also have taken a class and have my permit), knives, mace, carrying alarm key fob using a panic button, letting someone (ranger, neighbor) know, no night time potty walks to the restrooms, a buddy system for day time.

For medical I have my necklace with my diagnosis along with a USB stick that has more detailed info. I also have a small emergency kit.

For a natural disaster or in case I (or whoever is out) get lost, a small backpack. A mirror, a few snacks, a compass, matches, raincoat, small tarp, etc. I always carry it with me when I hike, and I update it whenever we start a new trip.

Up on the mountain, we didn't have running water or electric. So monthly lady issues were taken care of with a bucket of warm water and a washrag. If it was warm weather, we bathed in the river. Can't really do that at a campground. Some campgrounds have potties and showers, some don't.

Do any of you have any new ideas, info or a new take on an old idea?
Dahlia47
Teardrop Master

Re: Safety And Lady Stuff

Postby GTS225 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:01 am

Dahlia47 wrote:So monthly lady issues were taken care of with a bucket of warm water and a washrag. If it was warm weather, we bathed in the river.
Do any of you have any new ideas, info or a new take on an old idea?

**************************************************************************************************

Hmmmm. You might want to carry some water purification tablets, or even bleach with you, to kill whatever organisms might be in that stream water you're using. Bathing in the stream might be one thing, but a, ah, "direct application" of contaminated water might cause more problems that one might want. You never can tell what tiny organisms might be in that stream water.

Just sayin'....Roger
GTS225
Teardrop Master

Postby S. Heisley » Sun Oct 13, 2019 4:14 pm

A bucket or two of water does a pretty good job of getting clean. One bucket of water to wash, with a washcloth, will wash the body and even soap up the hair. Wash the body first and rinse using the washcloth. After that, apply soap to the washcloth and rub into the scalp. Then, use that same bucket of wash water for the first hair rinse. Another bucket of water will finish rinsing the soap out of the hair. In between baths, baby wipes usually do the trick. A person can get fancier, with a shower nozzle, etc, but it isn't really necessary. ...My 2 cents worth.
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby tony.latham » Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:07 pm

That's our shower. It's a 3-gallon weed sprayer painted black and plumbed with a garden nozzle and longer hose.

:thumbsup:

Tony
tony.latham
Gold Donating Member

Postby retep » Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:22 pm

Tony, you never cease to amaze me, what a brilliant idea.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
retep
Teardrop Master

Postby S. Heisley » Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:03 pm

I have one of those but found it took up too much space that I could use for more important things. After testing it and finding it worked wonderfully, I never felt I had room for it and never used it. It sits, gathering dust, in the garage.
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Return to Lady Teardroppers