Curtains

This is where the gals can have their very own discussions...

Curtains

Postby mollyteardrop » Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:58 am

Greetings!
I just got my second teardrop after having to sell my first one seven years ago. I got a 5X8 OKSchooner. My previous teardrop had curtain rods that were in it when I bought it. I am looking for other suggestions to install curtains. Ideas? And thanks!
mollyteardrop
Teardrop Advisor

Re: Curtains

Postby TimC » Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:55 pm

Congrats on TD #2! First, not sure I should be responding to the Lady Teardroppers section... :lol:

Thought I would take a couple photos of my curtains. I am not a sew-er, as you will likely surmise. My windows are Wiley windows so a curtain rod didn't seem doable. I used Velcro and that method of hanging could be used on standard RV windows or Wileys. The curtains are my own sew job (didn't know I should seam the edges... maybe someday I'll fix that). I have two spots of Velcro on the bottom to allow for fully open curtains. You could add more spots for half open or whatever. I don't have a top section over the open Wiley window top portion. If I ever upgrade I will add a short section for cold weather. I always have the windows open no matter the weather and a light fabric would seal out some wind while allowing some air movement. Anyway...

The bottom. I ran out of black Velcro.
Tim
Niagara, WI
My First Benroy Teardrop Build Thread - A 5x8 Woodie - http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=63575
My Second Teardrop (partial) Build Thread - Started August '16 - http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=66939
#3 My son's Benroy Foamie team build - Started July '20 - http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=72877

TimC
Gold Donating Member

Postby mollyteardrop » Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:33 pm

I was thinking Velcro above the window to attach a curtain and a way to roll and tie it up. I actually just have windows in my doors and could attach there. I do sew, so that part isn’t a problem. In my previous teardrop I made some storage ‘pockets’ that hung from cup hooks on the walls to serve as ‘bedside’ storage. I will make new ones of those. Thanks for the photos, very helpful and I wasn’t familiar with that style of window. Interesting!
mollyteardrop
Teardrop Advisor

Postby rebapuck » Sat May 01, 2021 7:13 am

I am a fan of 3M Command things as they are removable. Maybe the velcro dots would work.
Judy
1966 VW camper
1967 VW singlecab
rebapuck

Postby mollyteardrop » Sat May 01, 2021 7:22 am

Great idea....thank you!
mollyteardrop
Teardrop Advisor

Postby LadyBell » Tue Jul 04, 2023 5:29 am

Congrats on getting your second teardrop! The 5X8 OKSchooner sounds like a cool choice. As for curtain ideas, besides curtain rods, consider using tension rods or magnetic curtain rods for a hassle-free installation. Another option is using adhesive hooks or clips to hang curtains.
LadyBell
Teardrop Inspector

Postby tony.latham » Tue Jul 04, 2023 9:34 am

Take a look at Sailrite's system.

https://www.sailrite.com/How-to-Make-Boat-Interior-Curtains-Video

I had them on my last teardrop and sure liked them.

Tony
tony.latham
Gold Donating Member

Postby philpom » Fri Aug 11, 2023 4:16 pm

We used a long strip of velcro above the window and across the top of the curtain. Makes it easy to open the curtain an inch or 20 inches and just press it neatly in place.
philpom
Teardrop Master

Return to Lady Teardroppers