Postby bobhenry » Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:23 am

ANYONE REMEMBER THE AT&T WAR.

Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Re: Bob's caboose build

Postby bobhenry » Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:39 am

Well being a total dumb ass I thought what the hell a third try will surely work out. The price was right and the rep I talked to seemed to have it all together. We went thru the entire history of my war with the September of 2019 attempt to install my TV and internet. TV was working if you didn't mind looking at that birds nest "professional" installation. I waited and waited for "that other guy" to drop by and install the internet half of the project. Days turned to weeks weeks to months and yes even years to years. Many and varied excuses surfaced and bills for my TV service arrived one after another compounded with late payment fees and the like. It rolled to $800 something plus and I responded to each collection attempt with I will start my payments when the entire contract is completed by installing my internet half of the total package. Collection attempts followed from third party collection agencies and I told the story from notes with dates and entire content of the conversations. The attempts finally stopped and nothing more was heard. WELL today was the day once again to get my internet finally installed 1/7/22 between 8 and 11 AM. Well yet another excuse has surfaced the installer tested positive for the bug so we needed to reschedule. Sure was surprised that AT&T only has one installer :NC
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby TimC » Fri Jan 07, 2022 12:16 pm

Shadow Catcher wrote:One thing I worked over on FB was mouse proofing an RV, there area LOT of myths including Irish spring soap (they will eat it) and dryer sheets (they use it for nesting material. One individual mentioned stainless steel rodent mesh. Used it on our tear and our house. and for the first time, no mice.

For mice I'm trying a product I just heard about. My brother swears by it. I hope I am not swearing AT it come spring. "Fresh Cab" rodent repellant. It smells rather nice, like balsam fir and cedar. Supposed to repel the little bastages. we'll see. Found it at Tractor Supply. Not cheap but if it works great. One plus, it does not smell like dryer sheets. I am so sick of dryer sheet smells. That smell reminds me of baby butt wipes back in the day. I associate baby wipe oder with the baby wiping task and cannot stomach it at all. :frightened:
Tim
Niagara, WI
My First Benroy Teardrop Build Thread - A 5x8 Woodie - viewtopic.php?f=50&t=63575
My Second Teardrop (partial) Build Thread - Started August '16 - viewtopic.php?f=50&t=66939
#3 My son's Benroy Foamie team build - Started July '20 - viewtopic.php?f=50&t=72877

TimC
Gold Donating Member

Postby bobhenry » Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:02 pm

WELL AT&T dropped the ball again. This time there are too many trees on the site to access the satellite needed to get my internet. Taking it to a supervisory level and hoping for a second (or is that 3rd , 4th or 5th ??? ) opinion.

Meanwhile here is my first big project of 2022. My little coat hanger. I don't have to throw it on the floor anymore ....

bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby TimC » Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:24 pm

bobhenry wrote: ...My little coat hanger. I don't have to throw it on the floor anymore ....

Wait! Don't you have any chairs to throw it on? :lol:
Tim
Niagara, WI
My First Benroy Teardrop Build Thread - A 5x8 Woodie - viewtopic.php?f=50&t=63575
My Second Teardrop (partial) Build Thread - Started August '16 - viewtopic.php?f=50&t=66939
#3 My son's Benroy Foamie team build - Started July '20 - viewtopic.php?f=50&t=72877

TimC
Gold Donating Member

Postby bobhenry » Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:07 am

Well the second huge project of 22 is installed and ready for paint or stain. This little void was driving me nuts. I hate wasted space in a tiny. So I decided to build a 6 wide by 28 tall by 12 inch deep cabinet with center dividers to house 4 cast iron skillets. I moved the coffee mug shelf and retired the utensil carrousel to make room. It was designed leaving just enough room to form a garage for the 2 cup coffee maker. I promise I will snap a picture today. Here is where it was installed.

bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby rjgimp » Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:14 pm

TimC wrote:
bobhenry wrote: ...My little coat hanger. I don't have to throw it on the floor anymore ....

Wait! Don't you have any chairs to throw it on? :lol:

...or a treadmill or exercise bike?
-Rob

I hope to make it to a Procrastinators Anonymous meeting someday...
just as soon as the steering committee gets around to scheduling one!
rjgimp
500 Club

Previous

Return to Tiny Houses on wheels