flea market fliver

Lets talk tiny houses, tumbleweeds etc on wheels

Re: flea market fliver

Postby bobhenry » Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:08 pm

Got the rear security gate drawn up and ready to fab !
Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby bobhenry » Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:07 am

Well I located a mini fridge for the minibago. A whopping $60.00 and it is a fridge with a separate top freezer just a bit smaller than an apartment sized unit. Getting excited to get started on the truck. I got an offer on the still under construction Depot as it sets. If I get what I asked it's gone and the 8 grand will be used to spring board into the truck.

bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby bobhenry » Tue May 01, 2018 1:12 pm

Weekend came and went. Spent the entire 4 days fencing the south line for the land lady. I am far too old for building fence but we got it done with the help of a couple friends. We even had the first cook out of the season along with a bon fire.

The Depot received a present. As I was taking my helper back to Lafayette we went thru a tiny hamlet where the week before they were having a clear out sale of a big old school building. Frank remembered I wanted an arrival departure board for the depot and had me stop. They were there shuffling stuff out and when we asked about a chalk board they had a small 3 x 4 section of the heavy as hell old slate blackboard. It was marked $100.00 we got it for $10.00. I think they just want stuff gone.

Here is the idea......Image
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby Blotto Bros » Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:22 pm

Bob, I found a way around the whole "you need a physical address" thing. This is just one company that does this BUT forming an LLC in Montana allows you to be a resident of Montana and use your registered agent as a physical address. Bonus is your "RV" is more than 11 years old so Montana issues permanent plates for like $250.

Many Van dwellers and nomads use Montana, South Dakota and Florida mail drop services as well. This can help you bypass all the local stupidity.

https://www.49dollarmontanaregisteredag ... ana/rv-llc
Even those souls that are found must occasionally become lost to appreciate what they have.
Blotto Bros
Silver Donating Member

Postby bobhenry » Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:09 pm

Well the security gate showed up today ! It has been in fabrication for 7-8 weeks ( I finally found someone that works almost as slow as myself) :rofl2:

It needs paint and I will get a picture of it once it is pretty !

Looking for snow this weekend but I may get brave and install it !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby bobhenry » Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:41 am

I have the left over potty from the camper that was made into the caboose. I think I may have gotten a good idea to replace the drivers seat in the fliver. What do you think.

bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby Philip » Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:09 am

Get a air ride seat base from a semi and your good.

:thumbsup:
Philip
Silver Donating Member

Postby bobhenry » Sat Jan 01, 2022 4:59 am

Well the truck still sets waiting for some lovin' It has been almost 3 years since this last post here. Where did that time go ?

:oops:

Anyway it is now on my 2022 projects list. It is getting moved to the farm this spring to be closer and handier to work on !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby Philip » Sat Jan 01, 2022 11:27 am

For us old folks all you have to do is blink your eyes a couple of times. Boom that year is gone.

I was wondering if you still had the van.
Philip
Silver Donating Member

Postby bobhenry » Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:06 am

THE BIG STEP VAN ???? Yes I do, and yes it could be for sale if you happen to be interested. I just last week made my little used furniture shop a real business with an honest to God business license and could use a few extra bucks.

I had planned to set up the interior this year ( 2022 ) and write off the expense to the business. It already has an on board air compressor and a big honking ambulance inverter for AC power. Windows are still ready to install and the security gate/ let down deck for the back opening is welded up and ready to install.
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby bobhenry » Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:08 pm

Well not to rush into anything it has been 2 years since my last post on this thread. Spring is a couple months away and I am looking to start yet another crazy project. 3 tear drops, a barn camper, a tailgating trailer, two tiny houses, a pole barn, a chicken house, and the she-shed is just not enough of a fix. I gotta get started in serious with the Minibago. I am gonna use these snow covered rainy and cold two months to collect pie in the sky ideas for this summer project. I am wanting to get this monster fitted for daily life on the road. My life has been in park far too long. I am looking for your input and opinions on some of the crazier ideas i am about to cook up......

A large step van has a welded aluminum large step-well upon entry. A wrap around shower curtain and the addition of a drain and you just might have a shower. At this time there is no passenger seat I would like to add a very nice recliner as the second seat but it needs to rotate and slide out of the passenger area to not encroach on the shower area. It also needs to be firmly fastened and lock in the forward facing position. I would also like it to face into the living area at a 45 degree angle or straight back while sliding about 3 feet to the rear. This one is escaping me.
An insulated false roof about 2" under the top of the box will offer to trap hot or cold air much like a mini attic. It would also offer a chase for electrical and plumbing runs. Any plumbing would be double tubed and gravity drainable to avoid freezing. I think I have this one figured out a reversible fan can evacuate this area of heat or draw in cool air possible from under the parked truck in the shaded under side.
Electric will be dual 120 ac when available and 12 volt dc when on the road. I have both ac and dc water pumps available now. I envision two large 12 volt batteries under the hood ( plenty of room) perhaps an isolator or shut off of one battery designated as a start battery and the second as the power source when parked. They would be in parallel for 12 volt there by being able to be charged together when running but able to be separated with a safety switch ( or two) to avoid a flat battery at startup!

Lateral steel filing cabinets as a dresser and pantry but being able to utilize without giving up 6-8 feet of wall space. ????? Roll out? slide out? back to back and roll out to center while acting as a bulkhead behing drivers seat ????

I am going to use this thread as a collection of my thoughts and plans and am looking forward to ideas , criticisms, hints, suggestions, and evaluations of my sanity. No ideas are too far out, a little levity is appreciated but down right stupid entries are distracting so intelligent help and suggestions are greatly appreciated!
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby bobhenry » Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:54 pm

I have the expanded metal let down tail gate done. It just needs to be welded in. I have the atrium style window wall and door for the rear to be framed in as the back wall after removing the rattly roll up read door. I will be able to see the road behind and a simple Curtain inside will offer privacy. I have steel cabinets for the work side already purchased and ready to install. I have about 1/2 of the furring out material and insulated zip panel for the walls ready to install. The windows pictured are still here and a great idea I just gleaned is a let-down company placard that covers them until you raise them as an awning allowing you to have your windows open on rainy day while remaining stealthy.
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Previous

Return to Tiny Houses on wheels