Vintage Coleman and other stuff....

Lanterns, stoves, etc... anything old!

Postby grant whipp » Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:14 pm

O.K. ...

... I've been racking my brain trying to figure out where I put a '20s/'30s portable gas stove I was given a bunch of years ago! I had/have every intention of restoring it someday, and I know I put it in a safe place 'til I could get to it. I'm sure you've guessed by now that I haven't found it ... yet. But in my search, look what I turned up:

(... got the photo problem fixed ...!)

The red one is a model 200A from 1965 ... the green one has no markings on it at all except a 7 and a 4 stamped on the bottom underside, and doesn't look like it ever had a decal or anything else on it.

Looks like I've got at least a couple of projects to wile away some cold winter nights ... ;) ...!

Thanks for the inspiration to drag this stuff out and get it working again!

CHEERS!

Grant
Last edited by grant whipp on Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Celebrating Retirement after over 32 Years of Building, Promoting, Supporting, Supplying, Living the Lifestyle, and Loving Teardrop Trailers!
"Life Moves a Little Slower When You're On Teardrop Time"
The nature of Life, itself, is change ... "Those who matter, don't mind, and those who mind, don't matter."
grant whipp
Teardrop Manufacturer

Postby halfdome, Danny » Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:22 pm

Are you on the level Grant? :lol: My chiropractor says to post more cockeyed pictures :twisted: . Looks like you'll stay out of trouble for awhile restoring those :thumbsup: . Danny
ImageImage
"Conditions are never just right. People who delay action until all factors are favorable do nothing". William Feather
Don't accept "It's Good Enough" build to the best of your abilities.
Teardroppers Of Oregon & WashingtonImage
halfdome, Danny
*Happy Camper

Postby rainjer » Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:39 pm

Grant, the green one looks like it is a 1937 242B. Are those round tube running up to the top where the globe goes or flat strips? It is hard to tell. Do you have picture with it turned with the pump on front or back?

Jeremy
rainjer
King Koleman

Postby Classic Finn » Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:54 am

Mark72 wrote:Doug SSHHH! I've been working on it! Tryin' to at least get em all dug out and dusted off but I keep fining more!

Mark

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Royal Teardrop Society Scandinavian Bureau Chief of Staff

Classic Finn
Midnight Sun Voyager
Midnight Sun Voyager

Postby grant whipp » Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:30 am

rainjer wrote:Grant, the green one looks like it is a 1937 242B. Are those round tube running up to the top where the globe goes or flat strips? ...

Round tubes, Jeremy. Does that make it the '37 242B ... is it rare, or special, or ... :thinking: ...?

I've been concentrating on finding that stove, and haven't really been paying much attention to the lanterns ... except to wipe the drool off my chin ... :D ...!

Thanks! And, of course ...

CHEERS!

Grant

p.s. - Oh, hey ... I was just looking over the green one, again, and it's still got fuel in it! The last time my father remembers that one lit is Summer of 1970 ... :o
Celebrating Retirement after over 32 Years of Building, Promoting, Supporting, Supplying, Living the Lifestyle, and Loving Teardrop Trailers!
"Life Moves a Little Slower When You're On Teardrop Time"
The nature of Life, itself, is change ... "Those who matter, don't mind, and those who mind, don't matter."
grant whipp
Teardrop Manufacturer

Postby glider » Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:13 am

Hi Guys

:thumbsup:

Any body out there able to tell me the difference in generator lifespan when using unleaded gas in a dual fuel Coleman product?. I ask because Coleman fuel costs $15.60 (£9.80) per Ltr :shock: :? unleaded is around $1.62 (£0.99) per Ltr. Thats a big gap. Also am I correct in thinking that only the generator suffers early failure?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards to you all, Mark.
My friends think I am mad but my psychiatrists thinks I am a real interesting case
glider
Teardrop Advisor

Postby rainjer » Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:54 am

glider wrote:Hi Guys

Any body out there able to tell me the difference in generator lifespan when using unleaded gas in a dual fuel Coleman product?. I ask because Coleman fuel costs $15.60 (£9.80) per Ltr :shock: :? unleaded is around $1.62 (£0.99) per Ltr. Thats a big gap. Also am I correct in thinking that only the generator suffers early failure?

I believe you are correct. I do know that some lanterns you can get a different generator that is for unleaded gas. I am not sure which models they are.

Jeremy
rainjer
King Koleman

Postby rainjer » Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:57 am

grant whipp wrote:
rainjer wrote:Grant, the green one looks like it is a 1937 242B. Are those round tube running up to the top where the globe goes or flat strips? ...

Round tubes, Jeremy. Does that make it the '37 242B ... is it rare, or special, or ... :thinking: ...?

Not really, they sell foe $15-30 on eBay. If it was in mint condition that would be a different story.

Jeremy
rainjer
King Koleman

Postby Classic Finn » Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:47 am

I have a question: On some of the Coleman stoves. They are green and some are aluminum in color. Is there a difference in these other than the colors and were the aluminum colored ones made only during certain years or?

Classic Finn

Classic Finn
Midnight Sun Voyager
Midnight Sun Voyager

Postby Classic Finn » Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:48 am

Yes I just now noticed that the Coleman fuel is terribly expensive for the small amount that is available here as well.

Classic Finn
Midnight Sun Voyager
Midnight Sun Voyager

Postby Classic Finn » Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:54 am

I found this for sale here now

Image Gee 146.95 in Euro also but it dont impress me much as to the old colemans do. In the USA I saw this for sale at 89 USD. What a rip off here for this.

Classic Finn
Last edited by Classic Finn on Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Classic Finn
Midnight Sun Voyager
Midnight Sun Voyager

Postby glider » Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:58 am

Classic Finn wrote:

Yes I just now noticed that the Coleman fuel is terribly expensive for the small amount that is available here as well.

I think that will put me off using one of the older lanterns. But i'm still trying to find some even if just for show. You never know what else might turn up while hunting around. The older Coleman items seem to be pretty hard to find over here and the shipping costs from the US are simply horrific :cry:
My friends think I am mad but my psychiatrists thinks I am a real interesting case
glider
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Classic Finn » Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:01 am

glider wrote:
Classic Finn wrote:

I think that will put me off using one of the older lanterns. But i'm still trying to find some even if just for show. You never know what else might turn up while hunting around. The older Coleman items seem to be pretty hard to find over here and the shipping costs from the US are simply horrific :cry:

Very tough to find here if at all as what Ive noticed or found out.

I now have one so Im going to hang on to it as best as I can. :lol:

Classic Finn
Midnight Sun Voyager
Midnight Sun Voyager

Postby glider » Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:09 am

Classic Finn wrote:I found this for sale here now

Image Gee 146.95 in Euro also but it dont impress me much as to the old colemans do.

Classic Finn

Yep already have one of those. :thumbsup: 8)
I use it a lot when fishing it's a great lantern but it has no soul. Maybe that comes with age. I also have a smaller backpacking lantern model 226 I think thats 25-30 years old. The light given by the 226 is around a third of that given by the Northstar. Therefore a much softer more amber and less intrusive. Better when only a small amount of ambient lght is needed :applause:
glider
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Classic Finn » Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:16 am

Just somehow these new ones dont interest me to say the least. But ok since all of the Coleman products are like looking for a needle in a haystack its better than some of the ones available here. :lol: And it is Coleman

Classic Finn

Classic Finn
Midnight Sun Voyager
Midnight Sun Voyager

PreviousNext

Return to Vintage Camping Equipment