axles about ready to mount

Design & Construction of anything that's not a teardrop e.g. Grasshoppers or Sunspots

axles about ready to mount

Postby jdsackett » Sun Jul 02, 2006 8:19 pm

well fellas, been playing in the garage again. axles came in the other day , so ahd to get off my overfed keester. first thing i did was set up the wheel cage. put some stringer in to bolt the axles to. one for each side. the cut some reinforcements and welded those in. need to go to home depot tomorrow and get a 1/2" drill bit and some saw blades to cut the outside angle to open the wheelhouse. still need to do a few more braces here and there and then should have it on its feet. anyway, heres some pix.hope they work. if not , check my album. have several new questions, but will do another post for those. seems the more i get done, the more questions i have.
i am NOT cheap. inexpensive maybe, but not cheap
jdsackett
Teardrop Inspector

Postby asianflava » Sun Jul 02, 2006 8:32 pm

Make shure you have enough clearance to get the wheel off the studs.
asianflava
8000 Club
8000 Club

wheels

Postby jdsackett » Sun Jul 02, 2006 9:27 pm

the wheelhouse will be open. going to cut the outside angle as soon as i put in the rest of the braces. will then build a house around the wheels. will be open when its done. but thanks, for the tip. i had thought of enclosing them, but thought against it when i wondered how i would change a tire. when i get it built ill post some more photos. regards, j.d.
i am NOT cheap. inexpensive maybe, but not cheap
jdsackett
Teardrop Inspector

Return to Non-traditional Designs