front kitchen?

Design & Construction of anything that's not a teardrop e.g. Grasshoppers or Sunspots

Re: front kitchen?

Postby twisted lines » Tue Jan 04, 2022 4:46 pm

bictonboys wrote:I have just had a look at the video for the Flyer - that slide out kitchen is great! In fact the whole thing is great, the tip out beds are genius- I almost wish I hadn't seen this, as now the design for my trailer will have to go in the bin.

I'm Sorry!
Racking up; And Rapin foam
twisted lines
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby bictonboys » Wed Jan 05, 2022 2:11 am

no worries- it looks like its beyond my capabilities anyway!
bictonboys
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Shadow Catcher » Wed Jan 05, 2022 2:11 pm

As Woodbutcher said I have only seen the one with the pull out tongue and it was quite rudimentary. I do not see a point in doing it and if you do not have seals that work you risk driving (pun intended) rain into the galley. On top of that it would alter balance and wheel placement.
Shadow Catcher
Donating Member

Postby bictonboys » Thu Jan 06, 2022 2:39 am

Hi Shadow Catcher, thanks for your reply, thats why i posted-to get some opinions. I have no intention of having a removable tongue. I beg to differ on the slide out galley, the locker door needed would be relatively small and if an off the shelf item was used i can see no issues with the weather seali can see it sealing better than my homemade rear galley would do. As for the weight distribution, i would rather have any extra weight provided by provisions and equipment needed for a trip ,on my drawbar as opposed to on the rear of the trailer,lifting weight off tow vehicles back axle. I'm not trying to knock the age old teardrop design as i love the design! Thats why i posted in non-trad designs. All opinions gratefully received.
bictonboys
Teardrop Inspector

Postby twisted lines » Mon Feb 14, 2022 12:29 pm

Thinking of your post when I saw this :o
Attachments
Front Kitchen.JPG
Front Kitchen.JPG (70.38 KiB) Viewed 369 times
Racking up; And Rapin foam
twisted lines
1000 Club
1000 Club