Future Widget chassis?

Design & Construction of anything that's not a teardrop e.g. Grasshoppers or Sunspots

Postby angib » Mon Mar 28, 2005 1:00 pm

I thought anyone following this thread might like to see the current design for the trailer to go on this chassis, the Widget 7:

If those of an artistic nature would like to come up with other two-tone color schemes, all suggestions will be gratefully accepted.

Andrew

PS Any smart ass who asks why one trailer needs four battery boxes will be told that those are four different alternative battery locations, which offer the possibility to alter the hitch weight by +/- 30lb.
angib
5000 Club
5000 Club

Postby beverlyt » Mon Mar 28, 2005 9:25 pm

I'm really liking Andrew's design....
He's come up with a really neat design where the bed stays in sleeping position with the dinette folding into more space for a third person (or Hank (the dog? He only weighs about 10 pounds but he's got really long legs and likes to stretch out... if needed.

I like the idea of not having to make the dinette into a bed just to take a nap.
beverlyt
500 Club

Postby mikeschn » Tue Mar 29, 2005 7:30 am

Hey Bev,

That is a very cool idea... not having to break down the table to sleep.

I also like the 4 batteries you have in there. You'll be able to dry camp for weeks with all of them!!! :lol: (J.K. I know those are only proposed locations!)

Can't wait to see you start building!!!

Mike...

P.S. Are there any good campgrounds near you?
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby beverlyt » Tue Mar 29, 2005 1:18 pm

Mike,
Well, if we're going to camp locally at a rather "moms-and-pops" campground nearby. It has showers, bathrooms and the river nearby to walk down to. It has power too! It's very shady..and not a lot of grass...but we like it there.

There is one of those Yogi Bear campgrounds out on the highway.. but it's been years since we've camped there.

And where we typically camp rustic... you need a sorta "beater" vehicle to get back there... though I think Bob says there is a better way in. But there is NOTHING there. (friends property)

Why...were you and Michelle thinking of coming over to camp sometime soon?

I'll have to find out if any of them are open yet around here. And it's still pretty cold in the mornings so far for my teardrop... darn... though I've been thinking about it next week!

(I'm off all next week :dancing )
Bev
beverlyt
500 Club

Postby mikeschn » Tue Mar 29, 2005 1:53 pm

Yes, we are thinking about going to the west coast sometime this summer. We'll probably end up near a beach, near a lighthouse, but we wondered if any of those places are near you! ;)

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby beverlyt » Tue Mar 29, 2005 6:20 pm

Mike,
In my backyard:

http://travel.michigan.org/detail.asp?m=4;0&p=g4866

http://www.grandhaven.com/fountain.shtml

Close by in Muskegon:

http://www.lake-express.com/

Just a few things you guys could check out sometime!

(and as for the "can't wait to see us start building"...maybe next winter! Stay tuned!)
Bev
beverlyt
500 Club

Previous

Return to Non-traditional Designs