The Loaf

Design & Construction of anything that's not a teardrop e.g. Grasshoppers or Sunspots

The Loaf

Postby LPBailey » Thu Apr 14, 2005 3:21 pm

While sorting through some boxes holding what was basically years-old abandoned file folders I finally dug out the envelope with the plans I drew up many years ago for a machine that became nicknamed “The Loaf” by the few I showed them to.

This little nugget was far from pretty. From the name you can imagine what it looked like. It had many qualities of the classic teardrop but also included an inside potty. Actually you could only get to the commode from outside since the interior height was barely four feet but it was a part of the structure of the trailer and had an elevating roof for that corner.

There was an attempt to begin building the camper but, because almost the entire structure was made from aluminum and I was just one year into my job, it became too expensive for me to continue. There was also a snag that I never was able to come up with a door design I liked. Over time the few pieces of the frame I had fabricated went into other projects until all that was left are the drawings and a plan to someday make the project come to life as a real trailer.

As soon as I can find a scanner large enough (the pages are 24” x 36”) I hope to post a few pictures of at least the profile to get feedback. It was a fun project to design, it sort of bugs me that the trailer has remained nothing more than lines on paper.

(edited to repair punctuation and change a word)
Last edited by LPBailey on Thu Apr 14, 2005 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LPBailey
Teardrop Inspector

Postby toypusher » Thu Apr 14, 2005 3:30 pm

Just take pictures of the drawings with a digital camera and then size them appropriately for posting.

If you don't have access to a digital camera, take them to a printing place and they should be able to reduce the size for you and put them on a disk.

Look forward to seeing the pictures.

Kerry
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby mikeschn » Thu Apr 14, 2005 3:37 pm

Or drive up to my place, and I'll take the pictures for you!!! :lol:

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Return to Non-traditional Designs