Where to get the latest plans/drawings/cad whatever

Design & Construction of anything that's not a teardrop e.g. Grasshoppers or Sunspots

Where to get the latest plans/drawings/cad whatever

Postby duffyman » Mon May 16, 2005 10:27 am

Well, I have been searching and with my limited (ok total lack of :oops: ) organized thinking skills, I have not been able to figure out how to get the latest set of plans for the weekender. Is there a link or something I can click on to see the latest and greatest? Also where can I get hold of the cad files?

Thanks.
duffyman
Teardrop Inspector

Postby mikeschn » Mon May 16, 2005 10:35 am

Hi Duffyman,

Welcome to the forum...

The latest plans for the weekender? Well if you find them, let me know, I want to see them too!

Seriously though, I have not finished them. I built the mockup, and then started building an insulated weekender, and then got distracted with the Lil Diner. Currently I am distracted with the Generic Benroy plans.
http://tnttt.com/viewforum.php?f=34

Here's what I had before I got distracted...
http://www.mikenchell.com/weekender/index.html

My final tweaks were noted on this sketch...

Frank is finishing up the insulated Weekender for his wife. It's looking good. Frank shared some pictures with me this weekend, and is planning on uploading them to his album. As soon as I see something I'll holler!!!

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby duffyman » Mon May 16, 2005 3:19 pm

Thanks Mike!

By the way, do you know anything about a set of plans out on ebay for an original teardrop design put out by a seller called scientificsupply. The trailer looks good but does not have a traditional metal frame. He just uses a metal axil assembly and a pipe for the hitch. This seems weak to me, but he claims it holds up just fine. Any thoughts? Thanks again.
duffyman
Teardrop Inspector

Postby mikeschn » Mon May 16, 2005 3:28 pm

I guess you could call me a modern traditionalist... I like the looks of metal trailers that you can build a teardrop on.

In the old days they did build them out of wood, and they camped on worse roads than we have today. (Except for Detroit of course, we have some of the worst roads in the nation!) That's why Detroit auto engineers design and drive Hummers to work!!! :lol:

Some people are convinced that we are over building our trailers. And maybe we are. I take the approach that I'd rather be safe than sorry. That why I build my teardrops on metal frames, and my plans show teardrops on metal frames.

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Return to Non-traditional Designs