Another Hybrid Trailer

Design & Construction of anything that's not a teardrop e.g. Grasshoppers or Sunspots

Another Hybrid Trailer

Postby Mark & Andrea Jones » Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:26 pm

Following is a quote to an interesting trailer that I found fascinating. Unfortunately, the quote got lost in the middle of a fascinating discussion of African lions and the damage they can do. The trailer is basically a tent that hangs down from a hard-shelled top, but I really liked the idea.

demtears wrote:wow neat concept, one of my close friends has been looking at a hybrid tent trailer that can also be used as a utility trailer. I like seeing all of the different designs but they all seem way overpriced.

http://www.sylvansport.com/it.html

I liked it so much that I emailed the company to find out what the list price is and was surprised to find out that it is "relatively" reasonable at $8,995. Watch the video on the set-up. Its pretty interesting.

Andrea.
Quality Water Treatment Solutions in the New River Valley! www.clearcreekwaterworks.com
Mark & Andrea Jones
The 300 Club

Postby Endo » Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:23 pm

That is a very interesting concept.

That trailer came up on this board about a year ago. I had forgotten all about it. It was cool to visit the site again.
Brad (aka Endo)
ImageImage Image
In God We Trust
Endo
500 Club

Postby pete.wilson » Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:04 pm

Hey

For $9000, you would be much better off looking at some of the off-road camping trailers like AT adventure trailers or Campa. They offer much more for a little bit more. Interesting concept.

Pete Wilson
Why hasn't anyone found a dead bigfoot? When was the last time you found a dead deer, bear, coyote, fox, squirrel, etc. that died in the woods.........Hmmm.
pete.wilson
The 300 Club

Postby halfdome, Danny » Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:39 pm

I almost fell asleep :SH watching the guy set the thing up. Just another pricey tent trailer. Owning a TD is just so much easier to get set up. Stop, open the doors & hatch, set up my camp chair and I'm relaxing :relaxing: watching him set up that tent on wheels. :lol: Danny
ImageImage
"Conditions are never just right. People who delay action until all factors are favorable do nothing". William Feather
Don't accept "It's Good Enough" build to the best of your abilities.
Teardroppers Of Oregon & WashingtonImage
halfdome, Danny
*Happy Camper

Postby Mark & Andrea Jones » Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:19 pm

halfdome, Danny wrote:I almost fell asleep :SH watching the guy set the thing up. Just another pricey tent trailer. Owning a TD is just so much easier to get set up. Stop, open the doors & hatch, set up my camp chair and I'm relaxing :relaxing: watching him set up that tent on wheels. :lol: Danny

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Oh, I don't disagree with you. It is still a fascinating design, though. However, I have some friends that find the concept of a TD intimidating (Can you believe it??) and don't think they have enough get-up-and-gumption to pull a small TD. They'd much rather have a tent and a small trailer to carry their "toys". <sigh>

Now, if the manufacturers can only get someone to buy the trailer. . . . .

Andrea.
Quality Water Treatment Solutions in the New River Valley! www.clearcreekwaterworks.com
Mark & Andrea Jones
The 300 Club

Postby navigator » Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:32 pm

Here's a different take on a hybrid. The front pulls out in a series of hard-side-segements. This photo shows half-way out:

It has side bunks that operate the same way. More pix and story here: http://www.rv.com.au/frames/weird/green-machine.html

A few more ideas on that site: http://www.rv.com.au/frames/weird/2000-show.html
navigator
Teardrop Master

Return to Non-traditional Designs