I want the Smallest Trailer with a toilet

Design & Construction of anything that's not a teardrop e.g. Grasshoppers or Sunspots

Postby Arne » Tue Feb 01, 2005 11:07 am

I was going to try to photoshop one, but it was taking too much time...

Smallest trailer with a toilet would be a porto-potty with wheels..... hard to sleep in, though.....
www.freewebs.com/aero-1
---
I hope I never get too old to play (Arne, Sept 11, 2010)
Arne
Mr. Subject Line

A bathroom for the Trailer, simple, put it in the truck!

Postby bigpaul » Sun May 22, 2005 2:46 am

:) I am building my own teardrop. It will be 5.5 X 5.5 X 10. (Body) when I am finished. I am 6'4" and don't fold so well. I am building a Bathroom for the Truck. I am going as light as possible. Toilet, Shower, Sink, so I can do the three 'Ss' in the morning. :thumbsup: I really LOVE to cook, so I am concentrating a special effort on the galley. I will have a hi-temp wok, oven, cooktop and smoker when I am finished.
Ready to build, but designing and gathering the goodies FIRST!
bigpaul
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Flonker » Sun Oct 30, 2005 2:14 pm

Ron Dickey wrote:http://www.minicampingtrailer.com/

here is this one shower, kitchen, tolet but... no place for you to sleep. you sleep in a tent or in the car.

Mebbe I'm missing something (besides my marbles of course), but I thought the idea of a tear or other tt was to sleep inside. :D
Flonker
Teardrop Builder

Sleeping IN the Tear!

Postby bigpaul » Sun Oct 30, 2005 2:49 pm

:) Absolutely. And that is why I am going to put the Bathroom in the back of the Pick-up. :thinking: Understand! If I go camping and there are no facilities to keep up Hygeine, than I slip the bathroom into the back of the Pick-up. If the destination is a camp ground with bathrooms and showers, then I go light weight and just bring the teardrop. If you build a Pop-Top Tear, then it is possible to put a Porta-Potty into a sealed encloser, that is vented to the exterior, :twisted: and roll it out when needed. But where the Teardrop itself is concerned, I won't add anything that interferes with a good nights rest or a great meal.
Ready to build, but designing and gathering the goodies FIRST!
bigpaul
Teardrop Inspector

Tiki Hut's Toilet

Postby Tiki Dude » Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:24 am

I am building a modified 10 x 6.5 teardrop with an area for an enclosed porta potti. To solve the sitting headroom issue--I'm 6'3--I have sunk the floor and put a skylight over the area. On top of that I am installing solar powered vents to keep it fresh. When it is done I will let you know how practical it is.
Tiki Dude
Teardrop Master

Postby bledsoe3 » Tue Nov 01, 2005 11:24 am

campadk wrote:
Karl Stevens wrote:Try this:

Does the plastic bag become unnecessary at speed?? :shock:

You must use the bag. Unless you're backing up. Err.. I mean in reverse. :lol:
If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got.
bledsoe3
3000 Club
3000 Club

Re: A bathroom for the Trailer, simple, put it in the truck!

Postby angib » Tue Nov 01, 2005 12:59 pm

bigpaul wrote:I am building my own teardrop. It will be 5.5 X 5.5 X 10. (Body) when I am finished.

Please show us the design - it sounds like several people who've contacted me would like it.

In the meantime, for Arne's smallest competition, is it just for trailers or do motorhomes count?

Andrew
angib
5000 Club
5000 Club

Postby Chris C » Tue Nov 01, 2005 2:10 pm

I declare Andrew the winner!!!!! :rofl2: :laughter:
Chris :D

The tension between what is good enough and what is beyond that creates the space for character to become our work.

Teardrop Trailer Build Pictures: http://tinyurl.com/px5cd
Chris C

Postby cracker39 » Wed Nov 02, 2005 9:09 am

Laredo wrote:you could put that cabin/storage for a porta-potti in a cabin car pretty easy.
in fact that may be one of the 'mystery' elements. :MLAS
\\

Almost any small trailer with a cabinet of closet that goes to the floor could have a porti potti stuck in it. I'm building in a low cabinet for my porti potti and electrical stuff, and placing the cooler on top of it while camping. You can see it in the 4th diagram on my web page. It wasn't added to the side view (3rd diagram):

http://home.tampabay.rr.com/wdsummers/squidget2.html
Dale

Sometimes I pretend to be normal. But, that gets boring...so I go back to being me.

Squidget Pop Top Build Pages http://www.thesquidget.com/ptbuild/ptbuild.html

Squidget and Pop Top Plans Info and Photos: http://www.TheSquidget.com
cracker39
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby 53clipper » Sun Jan 01, 2006 2:19 pm

Dean in Eureka, CA wrote:Hey,
You guys in Texas could pull that behind your tear if you had a rear reciever setup.

Hey Dean, Why just us in TX ? Can't you do that too ? Or you can't pull 'double' where you are ?
RVing, and fixing them since 1968.
Never drink and drive, ever.
53clipper
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Arne » Sun Jan 01, 2006 2:46 pm

IF you use that receiver hitch dump thing, remember to lift your feet while traveling... otherwise it might put you in a 'go-no-go' position.....
www.freewebs.com/aero-1
---
I hope I never get too old to play (Arne, Sept 11, 2010)
Arne
Mr. Subject Line

Re: A bathroom for the Trailer, simple, put it in the truck!

Postby DrJerry » Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:52 pm

angib wrote:
bigpaul wrote:I am building my own teardrop. It will be 5.5 X 5.5 X 10. (Body) when I am finished.

Please show us the design - it sounds like several people who've contacted me would like it.

In the meantime, for Arne's smallest competition, is it just for trailers or do motorhomes count?

Andrew
That pic reminds me of something. Does anybody remember the comic strip that had some guy in it that pedaled something that looked llike that "outhouse on wheels"? In the comic strip, it was a pedal tricycle but it looked like that picture. I think it was a spinoff of "L'il Abner" Any other old geezers out there remember it? Might have been one of "Dick Tracy's" friends. (I know it's off topic)
Jerry

Watch and laugh as an Engineer with an advanced degree attempts to build a Tiny Travel Trailer:
http://www.angelfire.com/blog/weekender ... weekender/
DrJerry
Teardrop Builder

Previous

Return to Non-traditional Designs