Design Question

Design & Construction of anything that's not a teardrop e.g. Grasshoppers or Sunspots

Postby angib » Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:01 am

On the left, just the strips - on the right, the last board being put in place.

The (purple) strip nearest the (orange) bed is full-height, so the (blue and green) boards cannot go past it. The other (red) strip stops just above the bottom of the top board.

Clear as mud?

Andrew
angib
5000 Club
5000 Club

Postby Miriam C. » Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:29 am

:lol: You make good mud Andrew. Thank you very much. I believe I got it now.

Here is the small scale slat for a role top type It will work fairly well I think if a groove can be fashioned to hold it in. Just pull to the ceiling when not in use.
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Re: Design Question

Postby MikeDrz » Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:30 am

Why not just have the two closet doors meet in the middle and latch together?

agileaction wrote:Okay, if I could use a darned CAD program, I'd mock up my design and post it, but I have tried to use those, and find I'm just not very good with them.

I'm pretty good with graph paper, mechanical pencil & a compass, though. With a engineer husband to add all the math, I'm set!

Anyway, here is my question:

We are designing a TTT that's 6'6"W x 12'L and has a peak near the door that's 5'10". With a drop axle on the frame, this height will allow us to get it out of the garage when we're done building.

The design idea I have, and it's taking into consideration that we travel to dog shows with our dogs, and they can get mighty dirty.

Our design has a 60" dinette in the back, that will be 75" x 60" when in the bed position.

In front of that are two closets on either side of the 'aisle', one is a wardrobe, and one is a toilet closet. I'm searching for a cassette toilet like Thetford makes for the toilet closet, as I'd like something that can be emptied externally without the plumbing required for a true built-in.

Anyway, the two closets will be full height. What I would like to do, and I think it's pretty easy, but concerned I'm missing something, is put in a pocket door between the dinette/bed and the closets.

This would allow my early riser husband to get up, close the pocket door behind him, and take the dogs out for an early morning walk, which is his tradition. After their walk, the pocket door would keep my cute, but very dirty dogs off my bed.

If anyone can visualize what I'm asking, and has an opinion on my pocket door, please let me know. I'm planning on using 1/4" birch plywood for all my interior walls, including the pocket door, and framing the door with 1/2x2 to give it a more substantial look without adding a lot of weight.

Thanks for any help and/or thoughts.

Leslie
Michael Drzewiecki
--------------------------------------------------------
Teardrop Dreamer - Cargo Converter

Click here to check out Cargo Conversions...its hip to be Square!!!

:)
MikeDrz
Donating Member

Previous

Return to Non-traditional Designs