Planning a new camper

Design & Construction of anything that's not a teardrop e.g. Grasshoppers or Sunspots

Postby depatty » Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:59 pm

Well, didn't get any more work done on the frame today. Life intervened. Hoping to get more done tomorrow afternoon, baring further interruptions.

After sleeping on it (yet again) I'm leaning toward a profile something along the lines of a cargo trailer between 52" and 64" wide, 9 feet long, and 4 feet high, with side hinged doors in the back and a removable (?) gallery area. Dual side doors in front of the wheels with crank out windows and a top vent with fan. Will try to get some basic plans drawn up asap and posted.

Till then,
Dave
depatty
Teardrop Master

Postby depatty » Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:21 pm

Life keeps getting in the way of finishing this frame. :(

Got back to working on it yesterday afternoon for a while and then managed to spend several productive hours on it today. Though pictures were not one of the things I managed to get. :oops: I'll try to get some pics of the progress tomorrow. Got the front and back crosspieces welded on, finished welding up the spring mount cross pieces, cut the tongue rails to length and got started welding them to the hitch when darkness attacked and I was forced to retreat inside. Also got the first coat of paint on the springs. Will try to get another 2 to 3 coats of paint on them tomorrow, then give them a couple of days to cure before greasing and reassembly.

I've about decided on how I'm gonna build this camper. Still nothing on paper though I will try to remedy that later tonight. Gonna end up being another built on the cheap one as the funds I had planned on using to build it with haven't been forthcoming, so a lot of what I had planned on doing will get set on the back burner till the next one. Will post more about what I am planning with the build as well as pictures of the frame progress tomorrow baring further unreasonable demands on my time... :roll: 8) :lol:

Later,
Dave
depatty
Teardrop Master

Previous

Return to Non-traditional Designs