Saw this the other day. Any info?

Design & Construction of anything that's not a teardrop e.g. Grasshoppers or Sunspots

Saw this the other day. Any info?

Postby Greg M » Sat Sep 02, 2006 7:30 pm

I saw this poor battered TTT on a job site the other day. One of the carpenters is living in it while he works on the subdivision.
I really liked the profile and size, so I took some pictures with my phone, and did some quickie measurements. The plaque on the back says it's an Ambassador, but I couldn't find any info online. Does anyone know anything about it?Image
The rest of the pics and sketch are at: http://www.members.shaw.ca/gmerkley/trailer/sitetrailer.htm

-Greg
Give a person a fish and you feed them for a day; teach a person to use the Internet and they won't bother you for weeks.
Greg M
*Geek Extraordinaire

Postby angib » Sun Sep 03, 2006 10:10 am

What's the layout inside? That funny not-quite-a-step in the front would make sense if there was a galley across the front, like Len's 06/62 Shasta, and those little windows would suit a toilet compartment but then I can't see there's space for more than one dinette.

Andrew
angib
5000 Club
5000 Club

Postby Greg M » Sun Sep 03, 2006 2:28 pm

Peering through the window reveals a galley across the front, what might be a loo in a closet on the side opposite the door, and a dinette. The floor is dropped in front of the wheels to provide standing room (or close to it) for the galley.

-Greg
Give a person a fish and you feed them for a day; teach a person to use the Internet and they won't bother you for weeks.
Greg M
*Geek Extraordinaire

Postby Laredo » Fri Sep 08, 2006 11:02 pm

big brother to the aristocrat by lo-liner?
Mopar's what my busted knuckles bleed, working on my 318s...
Laredo
Donating Member

Postby vinoscooter » Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:25 pm

Sure looks like the lo liner I had about 10 yr's back...Mine was blue.Galley in the front,table in the back folded in to a bed...Closet for porta potti, or whatever...Im 5' 7" & could stand up in it,by about 2"..Same windows,front,& cut out for wheel wells...Think it was around 14' 1/2 total including tounge. ...Good solid, small & light 2 tow...Changeing a flat tire was difficult. It also had a little closet next to the galley.Wished I should of, could of kept it...so to speek...Take care...
" You have enemies? Good! It means you've stood up for something at least once in your life."
WINSTON CHURCHILL
vinoscooter
Teardrop Master

Thanks Guys

Postby Greg M » Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:57 pm

You've pointed me in the right direction. It looks to be a '62 aristocrat lo-liner. I found a couple of more pictures on the web, and they match it to a T.

Thanks

-Greg
Greg M
*Geek Extraordinaire

Return to Non-traditional Designs