opposite wyandotte tear

Design & Construction of anything that's not a teardrop e.g. Grasshoppers or Sunspots

opposite wyandotte tear

Postby bigbob » Sun Dec 24, 2006 9:48 pm

Hi guys, I'm a lurker here and haven't posted much. I'm building at the opposite end of your tiny trailers (a vintage semi trailer to live in on the road ) and found this 1959 trailer ad that I thought was interesting. This page has a lot of copyright warnings but I think we can look at the page and maybe get some ideas . hope this link works! http://www.trulyvintagetrailers.citymax.com/page/page/4108259.htm
bigbob
Donating Member

Postby mwatters » Sun Dec 24, 2006 11:21 pm

Am I the only one that finds it odd for somebody to be claiming copywrite over an ad they scanned in from a magazine? The image may indeed be protected by copywrite - but he ain't the holder...

mkw
Mike
Watters
mwatters
Teardrop Master

Postby Laredo » Sun Dec 24, 2006 11:23 pm

I thought he was just warning readers about the copyright claims on the site.
Mopar's what my busted knuckles bleed, working on my 318s...
Laredo
Donating Member

Postby Gage » Sun Dec 24, 2006 11:49 pm

mwatters wrote:Am I the only one that finds it odd for somebody to be claiming copywrite over an ad they scanned in from a magazine? The image may indeed be protected by copywrite - but he ain't the holder...
mkw

"All images and text appearing on this Website and it's linked Pages are protected under copyright law. No image or text may be downloaded, copied, forwarded, reproduced, or used in any manner without first obtaining the express written permission of both Amy Centers and Juergen Eichermueller."

I see nothing wrong with that statement. I guess you wouldn't mind someone copying one of your pictures and using it to sale thier product. And I'll bet that's a scan of a real ad sheet/page he has and is most likely the only one noted to be in existence. So I guess your the only one. :lol:
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Re: opposite wyandotte tear

Postby JunkMan » Mon Dec 25, 2006 9:41 am

bigbob wrote:I'm building at the opposite end of your tiny trailers (a vintage semi trailer to live in on the road )

Are you building from scratch, or modifying an old trailer? Any pics?
Jeff & Odie
Black Hills of South Dakota
JunkMan
500 Club

Postby angib » Mon Dec 25, 2006 10:59 am

That little trailer was obviously designed by someone who didn't like to see pedestrians getting away - if he couldn't get them with the car, he could impale them on the forward-facing fins of the trailer. Pretty nasty! Interesting slide-out idea, though.

Andrew
angib
5000 Club
5000 Club

Postby doug hodder » Mon Dec 25, 2006 12:14 pm

Bob...does you trailer have that nice round front end with the flowing wing top front piece on it? What make do you have? doug
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Postby bigbob » Mon Dec 25, 2006 9:24 pm

Here is a pic of the semi trailer. I don't know anything about it ( year or make) because I dragged it out of a guys yard (it was cheap) and he knew nothing about it.
All we can figure out is something like a 40's or early 50's because it has vacuum brakes and the lights are that vintage. We pulled all the steel off the sides and foam insulated it and are putting new steel back on and making it our home on the road for a few years. Just retired the first of Dec. and are selling almost everything to live on the road.

The last is our pull truck with our 1956 Airstream.

BigBob
bigbob
Donating Member

Postby Kevin A » Tue Dec 26, 2006 12:58 am

bigbob wrote:Image

The last is our pull truck with our 1956 Airstream.

BigBob

Bob, that pull truck is AWESOME. You're going to have one sweet combo when you've finished that trailer.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :applause:
"Follow me, I'm right behind you"

ImageImage
Kevin A
The other guy

Return to Non-traditional Designs