Forgive me, for I have sinned.

Design & Construction of anything that's not a teardrop e.g. Grasshoppers or Sunspots

Forgive me, for I have sinned.

Postby Big Guy with a Little Guy » Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:27 pm

Though I love the teardrop idea and have a great interest in them, I went in a little bit different direction.
Do I have to wear a scarlet letter now?
Big Guy with a Little Guy
Not So Tiny Travel Trailer Dude

Postby planovet » Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:55 pm

ImageMark (& Cindi)
Visit our website: Little Swiss Teardrop

I was wondering why the water balloon was getting bigger... and then it hit me.

ImageImageImageImage
planovet
The Cat Man

Postby starleen2 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:56 pm

a moment of weakness??? heck, that was some MOMENT! :lol: :lol:
starleen2
5th Teardrop Club

Re: Forgive me, for I have sinned.

Postby Eddielbs » Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:58 pm

Well Karl this is a picture of my last Rig!!

We sold it a few years back due to rising gas prices. All i can say is with the prices of fuels the way they are today i couldn't afford to go anywhere with my old 5th wheel. That and the fact that we spent most of our time while camping outside anyway, is what pointed me to the Tear Drop.. Good luck with ya travel trailer, I hope it turns out to be everything you hope it to be...

PS: try not to run me and my little trailer over on the Highway :)
"Some Minds are like cement, A grey matter that is thoroughly mixed up and permanently set."
Eddielbs
Donating Member

Postby Big Guy with a Little Guy » Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:16 pm

Well, we got it back in April (notice the snow on the mountains). We tried numerous times to get out camping, but every time we planned a weekend, something prevented us from going. We finally got out for the first time over Labor Day. Yes, it's a freaking monster, and yes, it's a gas-sucking pig to pull, but it was so nice and relaxing once we got to our camp site.

It is absolutely overkill, and I sometimes wonder what I was thinking, but for our area, it's a nice way to get away for a couple of nights without major planning. I certainly do not plan to "road-trip" across the country, but for heading out over a weekend, it will do.

Re: Forgive me, for I have sinned.

Postby cuyeda » Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:21 pm

Karl Stevens wrote:Though I love the teardrop idea and have a great interest in them, I went in a little bit different direction.

Yep, been there done that! Similar to Eddielbs, not quite as large (my truck is not as heavy duty). I went down to the RV sales lot just to have a look at the smallest trailers... For just the about the same price or less, I could get a much longer HEAVIER USED trailer. <<<The salesman saw me comin'<<< After you have fun with that for awhile, say your penance, and come on back to build a smaller one that you can hitch up on a whim! :lol: :lol:
Why just dance, when you can Salsa!
Cliff & Vanessa
cuyeda
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Big Guy with a Little Guy » Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:47 pm

Ah, well, I have not abandoned the idea of a teardrop. I just need to wait for the right time to suggest it...

I have a son who is away from home for awhile, but will be home next summer. He wants to build one, so that will be my excuse: it will be a bonding opportunity, and what mother could possibly refuse that?

The question has not been, "why do you need another trailer?", it's been, "where are you going to put it?" If the Salem were a toy hauler, that would be my answer.

Postby Cliffmeister2000 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:43 am

There's a big ol' travel trailer for sale down the street from me. It's probably 16' or thereabouts. Sign on it says $2,500.00. I probably have all of that in my Weekender so far. I gave it 2 minutes thought, then saw the look on my beloved's face. :oops:

Suddenly, I knew I had made the right choice for us. :D
God Bless

Cliff

♥God. ♥People.
1 John 4:9-11

My Teardrop build pictures
Cliffmeister2000
Titanium Donating Member

Postby cuyeda » Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:13 am

Don't worry, once you found this forum a teardrop is sure to be in your future. This trailer was before I found this forum.

Why just dance, when you can Salsa!
Cliff & Vanessa
cuyeda
Platinum Donating Member

Return to Non-traditional Designs