not a tear drop, but darn interesting.....

Design & Construction of anything that's not a teardrop e.g. Grasshoppers or Sunspots

not a tear drop, but darn interesting.....

Postby moreforles » Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:41 am

found this something on the www.AstroSafariVans.com web site, someone took an Astro or Safari van, cut it behind the passenger front doors, and closed off the front and welded on a trailer tongue. painted it to match the tow vehicle, is something to look at. (I havn't figured out how to post pics yet, so you'll have to check it out on their web site) in the members van pics section (zz and Tramper (camper)

plenty of mini vans or even full sized (for a little more width) with front end damage and or blown motors.... could be had for few hundred dollars.... it doesn't get much cheaper than that... as far simple, it looks pretty straight forward.....

was thinking the late model grand caravans and Voyagers, turn it around backwards, back hatch already has a slight rounded shape like teardrop on it, cut behind front doors and shape rear of teardrop.
moreforles
Teardrop Master

Postby Wimperdink » Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:54 am

I've been there and done that to one of the dust buster lumina vans. Its an unbelievably heavy trailer. Fun project but it eventually went to the crusher because of the unneccesary weight.
Image You know a man is on the level if his bubble is in the middle.
Wimperdink
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Steve_Cox » Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:20 am

I've got friend that is building a truckhouse on an Astro van. He cut it behind the front doors and used the front part
Steve
Steve_Cox
4000 Club
4000 Club

Postby dcbrewmeister » Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:52 am

Wimperdink wrote:I've been there and done that to one of the dust buster lumina vans. Its an unbelievably heavy trailer. Fun project but it eventually went to the crusher because of the unneccesary weight.

It reminds me of those people hauling around old truck frame/beds... bunch of weight you just don't need, or want when gas goes back up.

Enjoy the reprieve while it last.
dcbrewmeister
Teardrop Inspector

Return to Non-traditional Designs