My Simple Benroy

...ask your questions in the appropriate forums BUT document your build here...preferably in a single thread...dates for updates, are appreciated....

Postby b.bodemer » Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:16 pm

How cool that you were able to stick to the origianl timetable and camp in it over the holiday weekend!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Barb
b.bodemer
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby johnthom81 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:44 pm

Mandy, I finally found my notes on the aluminum supplier in Albuquerque: Bralco. Their website has all the contact info: http://www.rsac.com/site/location.asp?intLocationID=567
Hope this helps.
I'll be right back, you be left front.
johnthom81
Teardrop Builder

Inspiring!

Postby WoodyGA » Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:32 pm

I've been away from the site for a few years, but my never-started Benroy build has haunted me the whole time. It's great so see how quickly you built yours, and that inspires me to get started on mine finally! AWESOME! :applause:
WoodyGA
Teardrop Inspector

Postby johnthom81 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:55 am

WoodyGA, the build went a lot quicker than I expected with the reason probably being simplicity. The lighting inside and in the galley is a couple of Walmart battery operated flourescent lights (4 AA batteries each). I cut, sanded and polyurethaned the cabinet doors last night and will install them this weekend. There's still alot to be done, but we're enjoying the "Benthere Benroy" here in the Northern NM mountains almost every weekend. Setting a goal date to be done really motivated me. Hope you get started and finished soon so you can get as much fun out of yours as I am mine.
I'll be right back, you be left front.
johnthom81
Teardrop Builder

Postby teardrop_focus » Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:52 pm

Well done! sir... :thumbsup:

I am on a similar schedule, although I am scratch-building the chassis and that has taken a little longer than I had expected...

:NC

Simplicity. That is a lovely word. It is what keeps me sane when my mind's eye spirals off on exotic tangents in delusions of grandeur over complex build techniques and wierd design...

:lol:

Thank you for posting your efforts; you are to be commended on many levels!

:thumbsup:

WoodyGA! Nice to see you return with a renewed enthusiasm for building a Benroy! I've been wanting to build a teardrop for over four years, with the last year barely being able to keep my shirt on. I have begun!
:dancing

"There is something about these little trailers that brings out the best in people." - BigAl, Scotland, 2010

"Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into the trees...
The winds will blow their own freshness into you and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away like autumn leaves..." - John Muir, 1898

Chris Squier / teardrop_focus :-)~
teardrop_focus
Donating Member

Postby Jazzy Lynn » Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:30 pm

Great build! :thumbsup: You really need to make it down to Cloudcroft. We'd love to see your trailer in person (oh and meet you too :lol: )
Barbara
Today is forever!
Jazzy Lynn
Teardrop Master

Postby mandy » Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:02 pm

:applause: Wow Your Teardrop look wonderful. :bowdown:
I hope to see you at a gathering somewhere. :thumbsup:
The greatest wealth is to live content with little.
~Plato~
mandy
Donating Member

Previous

Return to Build Journals