"Red Woof Inn" 10-16 update Hubcaps!

...ask your questions in the appropriate forums BUT document your build here...preferably in a single thread...dates for updates, are appreciated....

Postby CliffinGA » Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:19 pm

Thanks Danny, now get busy building that modern cub :lol:.

Cliff
In God we trust, shoot the rest and he will sort out!

My Build:

viewtopic.php?f=50&t=42628
CliffinGA
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby CliffinGA » Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:44 pm

Well do to my lil dog Gizmo, I can say he ate not homework but $2000 so far! I got a call from my wife yesterday morning that he had been throwing up all night but seemed ok. Well when I got home he was vbery glassy eyed and listless so when the wife got home we ran him the vet at Banfield and they took xrays and he had some blockage and they gave him barium and we had to bring him back today. Well got a call today that they were going to do surgery and he had 2 blockages 1 in the intestines and 1 in colon. Colon nothing to worry about as he will pass it :lol: , intestine though was bad. Need less to say $1000 later he had a nyla bone 1 1/2" stuck in there for a while that had blocked other stuff that came down. Then after the wife gets him out we had to take to a 24hr pet emergency hospital so they can monitor him! yeah another $1000, So needless to say the "The Black Hole" is on hold for a while untile I get my lil bud outta hock atleast as far as spending money goes anyway. Well gotta crash as I have to pick him up at 5am to transport to the other vet so they can watch him all day! Night all,

He's the longer nosed one, the full Boston Terrier is my lil girl Georgia Belle.

Cliff

My Build:

CliffinGA
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby LDK » Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:49 pm

Hey Cliff

I sure hope the little feller is gonna be ok. I guess pets can be money black holes too.
LDK
Gold Donating Member

Postby jbyrd » Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:13 pm

I am so sorry to hear about your little guy! Hope he makes a speedy recovery (big dog lover here) Hate to hear it put your trailer on hold, But i wouldn't bat an eye at spending all the bill money on my dogs, so I know how it goes.
Let me know if i can help!
Til later, See ya
Jeremy

My build journal #1 "SOLD" : viewtopic.php?t=45945
my build journal #2 "SOLD": viewtopic.php?f=50&t=59216
jbyrd
Teardrop Master

Postby gregp136 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:05 am

Its only money...

When it comes to family, we do what we need to do.

Greg(and Laurie)
gregp136
The 300 Club

Postby campmaster-k » Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:17 am

I have a friend that changed the dogs name to Tengie after a similar incident. Tengie = Ten G = Ten Grand = $10,000.00. I hope your numbers dont go that high.
-Kirk

>TnTTT ORIGINAL 200A LANTERN CLUB

>CEO Coleman Recovery Inc.

>Nor Cal Camping Pinewood Racing Team

Build thread -

viewtopic.php?t=45307&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=180

Check out my Pictures -

http://s1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa4 ... 0QQtppZZ24
campmaster-k
Lifetime member

RE: Gizmo's Woes

Postby mezmo » Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:54 pm

Hi Cliff & the Mrs.,

Sorry to hear of the little guy's problems. They like to chew so much
when they're so young, they'll try anything. We stopped using the nyla-
bones for fear of exactly what you're experiencing - they can't be digested
like rawhide chewies and the 'muttlings' don't know any better.

'Hope the worst is past and he has a speedy recovery.

Cheers,
Norm/mezmo

P.S. We've a full Boston, Caili, @ 1yr old who will try to chew anything
that doesn't chew her first. Our @9 yr old Boston Mix, Dixie, is a chewie
fiend - she's never met a chewie she hasn't liked.
If you have a house - you have a hobby.
mezmo
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Ratkity » Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:26 pm

So sorry to hear about your pup!! Denta and nyla bones have a history of causing blockages in many pups, but there's no rhyme or reason why it happens to one doggie and not another. Ya have to give them chewies or your possessions are fair game, right?

My goldens are 8 and 9 yrs old and are finally out of their puppy chewing stage hehe. They still get a rawhide one every now and then.

Furkids are a priority and I hope he recovers quickly!

Hugs,
Ratkity
Ratkity
Gold Donating Member

Postby CliffinGA » Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:56 pm

Thanks all so far today they said he's doing well and Sheri will pick him up and bring him home tonight and in the am we'll take him back to the vet for more fluids and meds that they need to monitor him with. This will be for the next few days then Sunday they'll try real food and hopefully his intestines will be back to working if not then he's had complications and we'll see.

All denta and nyla bones are gone from the house and we picked up a couple of Black Kong toys the vet recommended because they're proof even up to a pit, rock or boxer xhewing on them. No blankets, or towels or pads in their cages also. Not doing this again :lol:. Unfortunately Bostons are just chewers so it could happen again. Vet also told us rawhides are out to as they can scratch the insides of his intestines :thumbdown: . Well time for a nap, not much sleep in the house hold last night,

Cliff & Sheri Black

My Build:

CliffinGA
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby mikeschn » Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:53 pm

Ouch Cliff...

That had to be a painful experience to watch your little buddy go through that.

We took the younger Schnauzer to the vet today. He had an open sore on his face that he wouldn't leave alone. He came home with a shot and a bunch of pills. Seems the skin sores are happening a lot this year.

Hope your little buddy does well.

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby CliffinGA » Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:02 pm

Thanks Mike!

Well the pitiful one is home and he was up and moving stifflegged but he did wag his tail when he saw me and licked my bald head (not sure they both like to do that :oops:) and then he just conked out so all we can do is watch and pray for him.

Thanks for all the comments and support,

Cliff & Sheri :thumbsup:

My Build:

CliffinGA
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Woodstramp » Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:52 am

Cliff, sorry about the sick pooch. One of our little dogs eats crazy stuff all the time. Luckily he's not "intook" anything he can't expell.

A grand on the vet bill....ouch. Looks like the dog unintentially is the new black hole.

Love that new camper name, BTW.
Woodstramp
The 300 Club

Postby CliffinGA » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:07 pm

First of all thanks for all the nice comments on the welfare of Gizmo. Today was the last day we had to run him to the vets at Banfield so the could keep and watch him all day. We had to run him over there since his surgerie on thursday so they could run IV fluids and anti-biotics in him until yesterday when they started him on soft food for gastro intestional injuries. Today they said he is mostly out of the danger zone and we are feeding him solid soft food and they don't need to see him foe 2 weeks when they pull the staples out :applause:. Banfield was great and cut the price on keeping him and saved us $600 so total we spent $1800 but its worth it until I catch him peeing in the teardrop :x , then I'll have to rethink it all.

Ok so last couple of days did a lil on the tear mainly left in the garage and did small stuff such as trimmin inside around the cabinets and around the under cabinets below the electrical channel. Cut the window out of the second door and it went great (thanks Tom taped work great), and then I drilled the door hinges. Then I screwed up by thinking I would trim the door to make it straight with the flush trim bit with the router. Well.... the guilde slipped and it got off so the side of the door is off at the bottom edge of the hinge :cry: :x . The good is I have plenty of extra doors to cut to fit from the other screw ups :lol:. I did have a nice gentlmen that stopped by named Leo who lives down the road from me who was interested in my teardrop and is talking about building one himself. Really nice guy and said one day when I have it out working on it he would love to stop by and help. Since he is a carpenter by trade thats great news to me :lol:. Well thats it for now, have a great week.

Cliff :thumbsup:

My Build:

CliffinGA
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby S. Heisley » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:46 pm

Cliff:

I'm glad they were able to save Gizmo. The vet bill is tough, though. :thumbdown: Just keep plugging along (pun not intended) :roll: and everything should turn out okay. :)
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby campmaster-k » Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:15 pm

Ok Ok I know Gizmo was/is sick and all. That is heart wrenching. But now Gizmo is on the read to recovery. So get out there and work on that tear! Money is no excuse. You and I both know there is tons to do without spending one more dime. Get out there Cliff. :thumbsup:
-Kirk

>TnTTT ORIGINAL 200A LANTERN CLUB

>CEO Coleman Recovery Inc.

>Nor Cal Camping Pinewood Racing Team

Build thread -

viewtopic.php?t=45307&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=180

Check out my Pictures -

http://s1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa4 ... 0QQtppZZ24
campmaster-k
Lifetime member

PreviousNext

Return to Build Journals