"Red Woof Inn" 10-16 update Hubcaps!

...ask your questions in the appropriate forums BUT document your build here...preferably in a single thread...dates for updates, are appreciated....

Re: "The Black Hole" build 8-5 update

Postby LDK » Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:06 pm

Cliff

You're about there man! Can't wait to see the finished product. :thumbsup:
LDK
Gold Donating Member

Postby CliffinGA » Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:37 pm

Thanks Larry just doing a lil at a time as I can as work is back in swing of things and I'm back at Ft Benning 3 days a week. I may make it home at night but when its 8 - 9pm, really don't feel like messing with it after the long rides and long days down there. Shoot if I drank it would make me want to become an alcoholic :lol:. I know it will get there and hopefully soon!

Cliff :thumbsup:
In God we trust, shoot the rest and he will sort out!

My Build:

viewtopic.php?f=50&t=42628
CliffinGA
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby CliffinGA » Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:51 pm

Well made some progress and today made some more and then decided that things were going so great I just had to let Murphy drop in and kick my butt :lol:!! Got the hatch skinned and started puttying all the holes and the seam so I could sand it down this weekend and maybe start the fiberglass tape and epoxy Sunday or Monday! I also did a few minor things here and there as I could as I was out of town most of the week working and my bud J.R. was coming by today to finish 90% of the wiring leaving only the lights for the galley to complete and the trailer lights. So today started out cloudy and since JR couldn't be here tillafter 1pm, Sheri and I headed up to Athens (GO DAWGS) to pick up some small items I needed (stainless scres etc.) and so we started at HF! Yes she allowed me to go in :lol: and look around, why she even decided I needed a tongue box (On sale and I had a $10 off coupon) for a whopping $59! I know she's a keeper, unlike Kirk I don't get rid of the goodones that put up ya even for some Coleman items :R ! Anyway get back and JR shows up and we get to work, mainly I'm installing tongue box and fantastic fan and outside night lite while he's setting in the tear wiring up everything to the the Elixir converter/power center and some of the outlets I had to remove to paint and such. Everything was going good and then "Pow" murphy gave me a kick, the 2x4 hatch support that was holding it up was knocked over by the wind and the hatch fell, and crash my left cabinet door was poking thru the hatch:

all I can say is after my stomach dropped I just had to laugh, I mean what else can you do? I opened it up and shut the door and let the hatch close again and went back to working on the electrical again!
Here is the tongue box:

Battery and if you look you can see the battery shut off switch I mounted with the handle outside under the box, figured as I will keep the box locked it would make it easier to get to:

and a last pic of the fan, the outside light figured it was to interesting as to show a pic of it:

Well 12volt is working and when I redo hatch and get it finished we will run it over to Ft Yargo and see if the 30amp is working. Did realize I will not be using the hatch handle and locking mechanism I bought but will probably buy some latches from McMaster-Carr and a stainless handle like Larrys as the hatch spars get thinner at the bottom and just not enough room for it and still be behind the inside skin of the hatch.

Well thats it folks official count down is 26 days til I take her out on our first outting!

My Build:

CliffinGA
1000 Club
1000 Club

Re: "The Black Hole" build 8-18 update

Postby M C Toyer » Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:14 pm

Looking good Cliff - tough luck on the hatch "ouch!" but glad it didn't slow you down.

I bought the same tongue box for my small work trailer - looks good and seems pretty well made for the price. I'll probably get the more expensive one for my Kit rebuild. It's actually a little smaller but heavier gauge construction.

You've probably said before but what do you do at Benning? - my alma mater from 1967.

M C
M C Toyer
The 300 Club

Postby CliffinGA » Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:28 pm

Thanks MC right now I just couldn't justify paying double for the other and this one I will repaint glossy black and will fit better on the tongue. I am a supervisor/ field rep for a cabinet company. We are working for the builder that is renovating old family base housing. Some case's they tear down and build new houses and others they gut and redo the whole house.

My Build:

CliffinGA
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby jbyrd » Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:08 am

OUCH on the hatch (unless you happened to need a ventilation port in the galley LOL j/k) good find on the tongue box, I seen them at HF but they did'nt have the cheaper one and I thought the expensive one was too high. down to the wire now, after rushing to finish all the last minute stuff you will need the trip to recoop LOL (If it happens like it did for me, think I worked more the last week before camping than I did the whole year building it :rofl: )
Til later, See ya
Jeremy

My build journal #1 "SOLD" : viewtopic.php?t=45945
my build journal #2 "SOLD": viewtopic.php?f=50&t=59216
jbyrd
Teardrop Master

Postby Forrest747 » Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:42 pm

OUCH!!!

The rest of build looks great
"All the success on the trail can not compensate for having square headlights"

"I've got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell!"
http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=37701 Build Journal
Forrest747
Cowbell Donating Member

Postby CliffinGA » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:36 pm

Ok not as much done this weekend as I wanted, a lil work on hatch adding support for light and license tag holder, painted the tongue box correct color black and more putty on hatch. Unfortunately Sheri caught a virus from one of her snot nosed kindergarteners and was under the weather. Saturday was work on TV day, replacing the radiator on it due to a leak. Funny thing is its cheaper to replace the radiator than to get one repaired :shock:! Well something simple took half the day due to bad info from repair book and internet, for some reason a quick connect doesn't always want to disconnect quickly :x :lol: but with a little ingenuity I just pulled the nipple and all swapped to the new radiator and it works fine! Well tonight I got home and sanded the filler off the hatch and the put one coat of epoxy and seam tape on it and waited til heat disapated but still tacky and recoated so hatch is done with epoxy and now will have to ait on primer and paint, wait because of the chance of rain all week! Still will be working on the doors and getting other stuff done in the mean time! 17 days and counting til the Cloudland Canyon gathering and we're going if I have to cover the thing in tarps :lol:! Well thats it for tonight!

Oh yeah, one pic!

My Build:

CliffinGA
1000 Club
1000 Club

Re: "The Black Hole" build 8-27 update

Postby jbyrd » Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:37 am

Great job repairing the hatch, looks like new again.
Til later, See ya
Jeremy

My build journal #1 "SOLD" : viewtopic.php?t=45945
my build journal #2 "SOLD": viewtopic.php?f=50&t=59216
jbyrd
Teardrop Master

Postby campmaster-k » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:36 am

Looks great Cliff keep up the good work. :thumbsup:
-Kirk

>TnTTT ORIGINAL 200A LANTERN CLUB

>CEO Coleman Recovery Inc.

>Nor Cal Camping Pinewood Racing Team

Build thread -

viewtopic.php?t=45307&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=180

Check out my Pictures -

http://s1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa4 ... 0QQtppZZ24
campmaster-k
Lifetime member

Postby CliffinGA » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:20 pm

Ok a quick update:

Left door on and now patched and repainted (Trim nail pooped out the door skin :x )
Painted the tongue box the same black as the black stripes.
Hatch epoxied x2 and primered x2 and tonight was 2nd coat of red paint

Going to try and bend AL for hatch trim this weekend but its not high on priority list as I plan on installing hatch, weather stripping on galley, run hatch wiring and install lights there, run trailer lights, and may run it up to Newnan, GA and have the fenders (If I can find them) welded to the frame.

All this while battling bronchitis :thumbdown:

but it will be campable and thats whats matters!

ps: May have to change the name since she's more red than black :lol:

My Build:

CliffinGA
1000 Club
1000 Club

Re: "The Black Hole" build 9-6 update

Postby Ned B » Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:00 am

Cliff,
Regarding re-naming your trailer... In keeping with 'movie' or tv show names, going from 'the Black Hole' (old disney film)... you could call it the 'Red Dwarf' :D
Ned B
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby aggie79 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:27 am

Cliff,

Your teardrop looks super!

Ned B wrote:Cliff,
Regarding re-naming your trailer... In keeping with 'movie' or tv show names, going from 'the Black Hole' (old disney film)... you could call it the 'Red Dwarf' :D

Or perhaps you could call it the TT TD or TechDrop. :lol:

BTW, I hope your former quarterback knows how to coach a college offense. We'll be happy if he has half the success he did at Houston.)

Take care,
Tom
Tom (& Linda)
For build info on our former Silver Beatle teardrop:
Build Thread

aggie79
Super Duper Lifetime Member

Postby CliffinGA » Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:11 pm

Lol y'all are funny! Tom I hadn't heard about that, I thought B.J. Anderson was Aggies Off line coach? Since they moved to SEC to play with the big dogs I may get to see GA and A&M play sometime but not this year!

My Build:

CliffinGA
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby KCStudly » Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:29 pm

Ned B wrote:you could call it the 'Red Dwarf'

I like it, I like it a lot. :thumbsup:
KC
My Build: The Poet Creek Express Hybrid Foamie

Poet Creek Or Bust